Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like a good waifu selection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sadly no.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

I should finish TMS one of these days.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FeMC is canon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

a persona game that's just shirobako

No time for sleep, no time for dungeons

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Welcome to capitalism

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Despite being charged like five loving days ago I'm probably not going to get this until Monday now :sigh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha, yeah. :smith:

At least it's in stock unlike Amazon!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's never been preordering for PS3 games on the store.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VW aren't exactly a prolific company, they've done, what, five games in 10 years and one of those was a remake.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Captain Baal posted:

8 games and the company literally started back in 2007 lol

2 were remastered though, but I feel like callin Odin sphere a simple remaster is disingenuous, that thing had a ton of work put into it.

That's why I said remake :colbert:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's wrong with her eye?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

nice

(uk psn acct)

:same:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'lovely adults' aka all of them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played for 6 hours today and didn't set foot inside a dungeon apart from a couple of short scripted parts.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There was probably some idling while I messed on my phone or whatever but I doubt it was two hours of it. I do spend a lot of time looking for stuff to press X at though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can switch any time you like. Movie subs are a separate option that also needs to be toggled on and so far the game is kind of weird about what it does and doesn't bother subtitling in them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zore posted:

Is it normal for high school coaches to talk about dating high schoolers in Japan.

... People seem to be treating this really lightly.

Unlikely to be normal but I remember in my secondary school there were always rumours about a couple of teachers who maybe liked the girl students a bit too much. One also disappeared never to be seen again and his wife who worked there too had a sudden surname change. He was a PE teacher too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's dumb because I don't think it even streams the rest in seamlessly, you can play up to what 4gb gets you then you have to wait for the whole of the rest to download before you can get any further.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The lack of save points is definitely a thing though, as far as I can tell it's only your room, dungeon entrance and safe rooms in dungeons and that's it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh huh, I thought I tried it in school but maybe it was in the middle of story stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

1080p, less people in the streets and slightly blurrier textures is the only difference.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like Igor's Japanese voice it's somehow soothing and menacing at the same time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can I sell all treasures or am I gonna need some for quests eventually?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just got ambushed by an enemy that appeared out of nowhere and then four enemies Life Drained my MC from full health to dead without any chance to do anything, good times.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

slev posted:

I actually am surprised that strategy guides are still profitable enough to get made but I also don't really care

They tend to be seen as collectors items now so low print run and relatively expensive.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You go in to the first dungeon relatively quickly but to get the point where I could actually explore unscripted was ~6 hours for me though apparently it's more like 4 for most people.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mordiceius posted:

People can do what they want with the game, I agree, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to mock people who refuse to use the dub.

Unless you know Japanese, there is zero reason to use the original Japanese VA and if you do, I think you're a weeb weirdo. You're free to do it, it's your game, but you're still a weeb weirdo.

Oh gently caress off

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Great, now that song is stuck in my head.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Heath posted:

(fusion question) So wait, do you HAVE to fuse Arsene?

Yeah I was mad about that too, I'd barely used him before the game was forcing me to do a fusion that involved him. I know you can re-summon but ¥2000 is a lot of money at that point.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bewilderment posted:

How the gently caress do I make it to the end of the castle in a single run, I'm up to the tower but everyone has like 10SP left.
I have a Soma in reserve (probably from the free DLC) but it seems like a waste to use it for that.

Also I'm like level 9 and one of the tower enemies looked like a boss recolor but instead of doing the boss moves they used Mahakoun and instagibbed my entire party with no warning.

You're not really supposed to do it in a single run and check out enemies with Third Eye, if they're red stay far away.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The battle results screen music is my favourite so far.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Borrowed the system from Germany and they have two half days so it kinda works out the same, I think.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bardeh posted:

Playing on Normal and trying to get as far as I can in the first dungeon my first time in there. I got all the way up to the bottom of the tower, and then died to the last enemy of the last group. My last save is before the chapel boss. Fuuuuck, I knew I was running on fumes but it was just one more fight, then I was gonna run back to the safe room. :smith:

There's way too many situations where you can get a game over through no fault of your own for that to be safe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes and you're hosed if you have a criminal record is true of many countries other than Japan.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally brat the first palace, I'm amazed anyone managed to do it in one day, it took me four including calling card day, it's a lot more punishing on normal than i remember either 3 or 4 being.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

wizard on a water slide posted:

So I discovered something neat last night when I was doing the 2nd Palace.

The dumb miniboss you have to fight with Joker + Ryuji killed me due to a string of bad luck and bad weakness-guesses, and I was ready to scream because I would've lost a bunch of time to it, but the game let me retry from the beginning of that battle despite being on Normal.

A SMT game accounted for one of its "gotcha" moments and patted me on the head!

Yeah anything that counts as a boss will let you retry from the start of battle, honestly it would be better if it let you do that with every battle even if you're not playing on safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean that happens if you're playing on normal too