Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hey, so I'm trying to avoid looking up too much about the confidants and such but I knew you get the temperance one around the end of May, I didn't and looked it up just to see if it was non obvious. Apparently you get a message on the 24th about it? I was doing dungeon stuff at that point so obviously missed it, will I get another chance at some point soon or should I go back? I do have a save from before that day but I would have to beat the palace boss again so would be kind of a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So I'm in the late game now, have a quick question. End of November so spoilers for that in this here text block.

I just unlocked Shidos dungeon and it's telling me in big red text to hang out with as many people as possible, does that mean if I go into the dungeon asap and do it in one day it'll skip through the intervening time to like Christmas or something (seem to recall P4 doing this but it's been awhile?) Or is it just letting me know I'm coming up to not being able to do confidants anymore and so should try and wrap as many as possible up? Either way, is there a best day to do the dungeon and send the calling card on or should I just do it on a day when no one I can still raise wants to hang out?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Naoto kinda moves into center stage because she's a detective and so she is the one talking you through all the poo poo near the end. I think there are a fair few more "hey we're all just gonna hang out with Nanako" and similar scenes in P4 after the full gang is assembled than there were similar scenes in P5 at the same point.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

ThomasPaine posted:

Are we getting a P6 or was 5 the last?

There was 9 years between 4 and 5, I bet there'll be much less of a gap between 5 and a potential 6 but it'll be a while before they announce it probably. Still got whatever P5R is as well.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Endorph posted:

if its just a new confidant who the heck would buy it

Well it'll probably have more general improvements as well just like Golden did, this is just the initial announcement/barest confirmation wtf it actually is.

I think she probably is a confidant, the amount they'd have to change for a second MC is quite a lot I think but if she is a playable MC and commenting on the Phantom Thieves then maybe it's cause the MC you don't pick becomes a character in the story?

VoLaTiLe posted:

Yea I don't see the whole stopping a dude forcing himself on a woman, then getting framed for assault working with a female protagonist.

Why would he not just falsely accuse a lady of assaulting him? Just say she came at him with a weapon or something, the only reason it worked is his word carried more weight than a random "punk kid" anyway, the assailant being a man or woman probably wouldn't make much difference.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Seems like an absolute clusterfuck to me, the article clearly didn't need to go up when it did (unless you really want those clicks while Smash/Persona are in the news I guess.... hmmm) but with the retraction article and also keeping the original article with a correction up seems like the correct course of action and like it should be the end of it? Except of course everything is part of this ongoing culture war poo poo now so you have people throwing transphobic and ableist slurs around, demanding she be fired (I've seen her reporting, never really been impressed tbh), gamergatery types going all out and all the other poo poo.

She does seem like a crap journo though aside from all that, the main thing she seems notable for is leaking the existence of games and then going "See! I told you it existed" on twitter when they get confirmed by their dev. Also getting indignant when they initially deny the existence of said game because of PR rollout plans or they have like an actual announcement thing planned. Oh and doing articles about arses.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 19, 2019

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think if you are ever going to replay P5 then you’d definitely want to play this version, unless the £50 is too much I guess. It’s adding some pretty cool new stuff. For me I played p5 to near the end but didn’t finish at release and I’m probably gonna grab it.

If it doesn’t look like enough and you aren’t aching to play p5 again in general and the end of March/early April is busy then you can probably just wait until it’s cheaper/later in the year and play it then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is the DLC for the basic version of the game compatible with Royal? I think I got some of it so it'd be good if it worked in Royal as well.