Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
we're going to adopt a cute shibe together, and name it kotaro 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Rangpur posted:

Alright, made it to the top of the no-poo poo-for-real-ultimate-final dungeon. Before I make a move on the last boss, is there anything left I should do to prep for NG+ ? Do the 'torn king of desire' slimes that sometimes spawn with Mara count as a separate entry in the Compendium?

Naw, there is no "Incomplete Mara" Persona or anything like that

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah Persona 2 is a very good, well-written game that's more of a conventional JRPG than modern Persona but still has a lot of unique and SMT-derived elements.

Persona 1 has occasional charms but it's very rough. The PSP remake is more playable, especially than the NA PSX version which cut an entire Answer-style alternate game out of the package, but it's still not great.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I agree with pretty much everything Oxx just said, to the point that I think if this story were originally written for a non-game format, Ryuji would be the protagonist.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ulio posted:

Does only 1 person has to attack Kamoshida to stop him from noticing your ally stealing the treasure? When I only attack with one he still notices the person trying to steal the treasure.

Are you sending Ann? He pays "special" attention to her. Maybe try someone he isn't hard for.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

romancing saga 2

please don't troll here

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If all else fails, you can try turning the difficulty down to Easy for that one fight?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

also it is really not more 'anime' than persona 3 or 5 lol

if we are doing this I think aigis makes 3 the Most Anime with a bullet

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The Yosuke stuff really didn't bother me. It's completely in line with the character's established personality and character flaws, and the game itself gives you options and opportunities to deliberately tease and troll him about it at least twice, iirc.

It doesn't feel like the writers agreed with Yosuke or that the player is meant to, and nothing he says or does is truly uncomfortable to watch. He's just a chauvinist dork trying to project manliness.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm Queer as Hell and I thought Persona 4 was mostly fine in the context of what it was about, plus I appreciated it not just totally sweeping that stuff under the rug or handling it in a pathetically precious way like a lot of teen stuff. I know some peoples' experience is different tho, and for one I was older than the player characters and out of the closet and poo poo by the time I played it so it wasn't as sensitive a subject for me.

Lala is a cool character in Persona 5 imo; I love that she subverts that trope of a teenage boy being hijinxed into drag by being like "no, why the hell would I make you do that?". The dumb gay tourist guys are really cringy and unfunny tho.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Really 90% of Persona difficulty problems can be avoided with one tip, Always Be Fusing, which is the number one thing a lot of people seem not to get about those games. Especially with P5 letting you just pick which skills to inherit on every fusion, there's very little reason or excuse to hang onto anything for longer than it takes to fuse it into something higher-level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

Any tips for fighting the Twins? Should I be Lv 99?

Catch Ann and Ryuji up, if they aren't, and use them. Charge/Concentrate are the tits for damage.