Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

OP your problem is that you're a hoarder. Get psychiatric help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

DoggPickle posted:

Haha. :)

I know it seems like I was just talking in circles about the same poo poo over and over... but moving gets about 500% more complicated when you've lived somewhere for a long time. When you're going from 20-something to almost 40 years old, you just gain stuff over time, like you start swapping out your cardboard furniture for real furniture one piece at a time, one year at a time., and you gain things like a kitchen drawer that's full of aspirin, Neosporin, dog nail-clippers. band-aids and 6 kinds of extra batteries. I think that probably the people calling me a hoarder have never owned their own house and haven't had "that year where the weeds go crazy" and that "time that the toilet overflowed and flooded the basement" and that time that "you and your spouse went on a wall-painting binge" etc. I don't have TOO much stuff. I just have a lot of stuff that builds up over time, and I haven't moved since I could do it in a couple of pickup trucks.

lol I moved out 10 years ago and I've owned my own home for the last couple of years. You have too much stuff and you are not nearly ruthless enough about throwing away things you don't need. I called you a hoarder because the first half of the thread was you making excuses for why you have too much crap (which you're still doing) and for why you couldn't possibly get rid of it. You are not unique and special and it's not a requirement of living somewhere or growing older that you acquire tons of useless poo poo.

I'm glad you're making some progress, but it's been a month and you're still making excuses as you sloooowly start to plan out whether you can throw out your third extraneous coffee table. Actually get therapy because this task should not be as hard as you're making it.

• Locked thread