Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lizard_phunk
Oct 23, 2003

Alt Girl For Norge
I have been renting my whole adult life (last 12 years) and have probably moved over 10 times.

I am absolutely not trying to be rude.

But to be honest, most of your furniture can be sold.
You don't need to keep your tables or TV cabinets or old couches. It's usually less of a hassle to buy new (or used) furniture that 1) will fit your new place 2) be delivered to your door.

Imagine that you get rid of all your furniture. Will it make moving easier? Yes. Would it make showing the house easier? Yes. Would it make you suffer? No.

Put all your other stuff in boxes and remove them from the main rooms when showing the house.
It's OK to keep a few sentimental items, but that fact that it seems everything holds sentimental value to you is probably the reason moving seems almost impossibly difficult.

Also, people want "sterile white rooms" because they want to imagine how their own lives could look in there. They don't want to move into "your life". :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread