Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT
OP, my advice:

Go room by room and toss what meets the following criteria:
-You do not want to keep.
-Does not bring 'happiness' to you.

For sure it will be a lot of stuff. If there's a lot of antiques maybe you can do half or 3/4 of one room, then to the next room.

Books? Unless they are rare or famous first editions or signed by the original author. You can probably give away most of them to the local library. School library won't take it? Try a prison library.

My mom died in our house. My Dad is still living here and I'm in the process of trying to get it fixed up and have him moved out. My siblings still have 'crap' stored here. Anyway I really feel tackling clutter problems room by room is the way to go.

Depending on how much stuff there is, maybe it is possible to do it by category if you have access to all the areas in the house. (Clothes, furniture, etc...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread