Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roxy Rouge
Oct 27, 2009
The facts:
Evidently Canada has a no go for DUI entry unless the issue is more than 10 years, unless a boarder control person thinks it is? There is no form that I can find to fill out and process. There are forms but I can't get them to complete and submit. This seems like a common problem.
I need to go to Canada for work. For a few days multiple times over the next few years. I have been arrested and pled no lo contrende to a DUI, arrest in 95, court decision in 96. What is my best course of action to give me the most ease of travel, and prevent as much embarrassment as possible? Thanks for any advice.

Roxy Rouge fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Some Google searching led me to this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5507E.PDF

A TRP is supposedly quick to get, but is only good for a specific duration. Criminal Rehabilitation is a permanent form, but can take awhile to process. If you live in a city with a Canadian consulate, might be worth calling them and asking some questions. That said, it is very much up to the discretion of the specific border/customs agent. I went to Canada roughly 5 years after getting a DUI myself, and didn't fill out any paperwork. I crossed the border in a car, and they didn't ask me any questions or bring it up - they simply glanced at my passport and waved me through (I was in a car with 3 other people). Your experience may vary.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Haha, that list looks like an excellent example of making a process virtually impossible as a way to ban people. I mean how would you even get some of those documents? "Hello, FBI, can I get a rehab certificate for a 20 -year old misdemeanor?"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
There's tons of places up here that will assist Canadians to get official pardons so they can travel abroad, I'd be very surprised if similar operations didn't exist in the US.

• Locked thread