Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I just bought this game on sale, and started on nemesis difficulty, although there seems to be two difficulties above it, i find it plenty difficult. I've already died bunch, some to mooks, some to captains. The orcs personalities are alot of fun so far, seeing a guy walking around smirking like he is king poo poo after he killed me really motivates me to get my revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

If you have any previous experience with arkham style combat at all then I highly recommend playing through the game on Nemesis from the start.
The game is pretty easy and you dying is one of the things that makes the Nemesis System shine.

I played all the arkham games, and the middle earth games always gave me more trouble. Probably because in the arkham games I would restart a check point if I took too much damage as I didn't feel like batman enough. With the middle earth games I get served a slice of humble pie when I can't restart if I gently caress up and if I try to cheese it, they have anti-cheesing-it measures. I just gotta 'get gud' and work on upgrading Tailon some.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

I've realized why I keep dying to those stupid QTE, my reaction time is fine, its the fact its about timing. I kept on hammering the button the second i saw it. I forgot about the second blue circle to wait for. Also the other game I am playing is Evil within 2, so I got to shake the habit of flailing when i am being grabbed or near death.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

Shnag posted:

I've realized why I keep dying to those stupid QTE, my reaction time is fine, its the fact its about timing. I kept on hammering the button the second i saw it. I forgot about the second blue circle to wait for. Also the other game I am playing is Evil within 2, so I got to shake the habit of flailing when i am being grabbed or near death.

Nevermind, still suck at them. Getting numb hands from work doesn't help much either. Still a fun game though, and I am still seeing lots of fun and variety with the orcs personalities, maybe i'll start seeing repeats as I go on. *While chasing after me* "Stop (pant) living!"

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

Somfin posted:

They fuckin' hard as hell but I think the difficulty is kind of procedural, sometimes you get four seconds, sometimes you get a quarter of a second and you have to look somewhere you weren't expecting and oh god why was it B

On the other hand losing them is kinda fun since it's like the first fail-forward game where I just don't actually care if some baddy kills me (even the first game I felt a bit poo poo sometimes, this time the map moves so fast when I die that I kind of feel happy to just watch the play unfold for a bit)

I picked up a bodyguard called Tuka the Chill and he's got the wrongest name in the history of the game, he straight murders everybody he gets a chance to (even ones I was hoping to add to the army, had to swap him out to a thrice-shamed legendary archer just to stop the bloodshed)

I went straight to hunting captains, but I should do some of the story missions to unlock controlling orcs. Its already alot of fun so see a brawl of human vs. orc. vs. beast vs. tamed beast, but adding my own orcs to it would make it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

I like Tailon, I enjoyed the interaction in act I between Shelob, Tailon, and Celebrimbor, when Celebrimbor says something like "Pah! This witch is not to be trusted!" then confidently starts to walk away past Tailon expecting him to follow suit, instead he walks right over to her to accept her visions again. Celebrimbor's defeated dejected face in the background is great.

• Locked thread