Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

is there actually anything to this story or is it just a bunch of horseshit that makes conspiracy theorists sequel with delight

its on reuters, not alexjones

i for one am shocked at the suggestion that the cia aren't actually supergeniuses and constantly leave trails everywhere, especially ones involving potential future war targets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

They hacked the GOP and released zero emails now tell us about how its because the Republican party is just that much cleaner and well run and they couldn't find any dirt on Trump

I mean, its not like the rep primary held any mud back

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
like, what exactly were they supposed to find that the CIA and a billionaire-backed party with the support of silicon valley didnt find

we can locate a mexican starlet he called fat more than a decade ago but the Secret Bad Republican Files, only putin himself could hack those. I bet they keep their norton up to date!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
dnc actually got hacked when they opened a file named Trumpsmurderedchildprostitutes.txt.exe

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Its me, im the shadow general sending shadow commandos against the conspiracy of hope

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm the guy shadowtapping your phones and sending the shadowvans outside your house that other people keep telling you are just UPS trucks

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i have nothing to do with shadow banking though

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
what exactly would have been ethical for russia to do when one potential leader of the strongest military force in the world is declaring you their mortal enemy

putting aside the obv. trump corruption, its pretty drat silly to blub about the fact that a country is working against you, when you declared that country your greatest enemy

we just aren't used to countries being able to retaliate against us in any way

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

sexpot posted:

LOL when exactly did this happen

you dont remember that debate question?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brother Friendship posted:

plz share ur wise and sagely links so we may understand that plucky russia just tryin' 2 get byyyeeeeee

This is all my broken memory bank came up with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQnMgUxnxxg

Which while I understand the GOP is compromised and in bed with foreign powers u gotta get that clinton wudn't talkin' bout da ruskies!

quick google:

http://theduran.com/hillary-declare-war-cyberattackers-threatens-russia-half-full-auditorium/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/21/us/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-putin-russia.html

http://thepoliticalinsider.com/obama-declares-war-on-russia/

i mean this wasn't exactly secret info, russia was the go-to saber rattle target to appear tough on forpol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Like I understand why the russia govt. did what they did from a realpolitik standpoint. it's a sensible maneuver, and it took everyone by surprise since we all assumed the CIA/NSA/other American institutions were vastly superior to foriegn cyber influence.

but just because it was a rational chess move by our geopolitical rival doesn't mean that we shouldn't address it, try and undo its damage, and make sure it doesn't happen again

well yeah, nobody is saying "the dnc should stay with an unupdated windows defender on windows xp and a p@$$w0rd password"

just from a common sense thing, what did ya expect to happen, ofc they were going to support trump

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brother Friendship posted:

So basically you're saying that after Trump and Russia openly colluded to attack the Democratic party to get a Republican into office Hillary reacted? Very professional journalism you linked, btw! One actual article from the NY times and two poo poo rags that editorialized make believe and ignored the actual things they were quoting ~_~

like I said, it was a quick google, those are far from the only sources

you have to be hilariously apologetic to pretend hillary and obama (by association hillary) weren't antagonizing russia, country with relations with two whistleblowers and whistleblowing groups that we have just learned also had leaked cia tools

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Nobody said that Russia is good or innocent, only that their response to aggressive rhetoric was benign and that any other country with Russia's resources threatened would do as much if not more. Which is to say, Russia is not an omnipotent monster that will soon devour America if we dont retaliate soon.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

sexpot posted:

Daily reminder that this is all about Putin not Russia and you still haven't provided the "Let's declare a unilateral war on them there Russkies" transcript

Do they need a literal "lets formally declare war on russia" statement to feel concerned?

Most people aren't going to make the distinction between loving with a countries leader and loving with a country

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I don't hate wikileaks because they have a huge reputation of activism and protecting whistleblowers, still reveal important information to the public, and there's been a lot of strange hatred towards them since the first assange accusations gave a leftwards avenue to attack them on

assange bad, wikileaks good, suck a fart if you think ppl should turn on activists any time an american adversary protects them from america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It would be kind of funny if the real reason american wonks hate russia is not because they meddle in country elections, but that they dont bother to hide it as well as them

• Locked thread