Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The "I told u I was hardcore" guy is sneering from his grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Me! posted:

lol all dem chumps buying salt and cans of soup and poo poo

here's my blizzard prep

ah. declare to the blizzard you are a hipster so it stays away from your house. Genius.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I bought some shoes from a store on Long Island that shipped yesterday and I hope they are not delayed hth.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
two inches here so far, this could greatly impact my busy day where i was going to drive maybe ten miles total and do two things

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
it's not gonna snow here but I'm unemployed so I'm gonna get daytime drunk and post on the forums all day anyway

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
It is snowing, maybe an inch or two so far. Spring break [in winter???] is some bullshit. Conncun

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My dad lent me his old snowblower, but it's one of the little tiny ones, which means I'm gonna have to go out and clear the driveway multiple times throughout the day, or wait til the end and probably overload the machine. Looks like the NOAA forecast dropped a bit, as of last night the most likely for my town was 22" but now it's down to 16-18" predicted.

Space Crabs posted:

ah. declare to the blizzard you are a hipster so it stays away from your house. Genius.

lmao sick own dude you got me again

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Mar 14, 2017

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Kelp Me! posted:

lmao sick own dude you got me again

are those cans on the far right japanese coke zeros

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm taking a half day today, IDGAF what imaginary crisis my work will have without me there to hold their hands.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

EX250 Type R posted:

are those cans on the far right japanese coke zeros

they're the coveted "Goatse man in a blizzard" editions

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
It's raining icy poo poo all over NYC rn, but it's not too bad. I'm not going outside until like 2pm to force my dog on a walk (lol she's gonna be so angry)

I took a chance and stocked up on all my poo poo back on Saturday, so I'm gonna spend my day doing chili in a slow cooker and finishing a bottle of whistle pig while I watch that longass OJ doc

enjoy the weather goons!

TipsyMc
Sep 5, 2004

I visited BYOB and all I got was this lousy avatar
Goddamit, I'm gonna have to brush the snow off my jack o' lanterns.

Noobicide
Sep 12, 2007
ice ice baby

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i opened my door and my face was immediately covered in a layer of ice so while the snow might not be very deep i think i'm not going outside today anyway

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
hello to all the people in the I-84 corridor of death, may peace be upon you

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
This sucks its not a fluffy cheerful snow it's a jagged crotchety sleet

E: NYC blizzard that is.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 14, 2017

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
Governor told us all to stay home. Everything is closing - banks, malls, diners, even the post office (which has a lot of people incredibly angry). Tractor trailers are banned from highways. This is awesome. We're all going to die.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cymoril posted:

Governor told us all to stay home. Everything is closing - banks, malls, diners, even the post office (which has a lot of people incredibly angry). Tractor trailers are banned from highways. This is awesome. We're all going to die.

Global Warming has made us forget that snowstorms are real things that happen

It's going to be 42 in New York City on Friday - you'll be fine

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
dick

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I have 10 cans of Guinness and a few joints worth of weed. Severe rationing is in store but I think I can make it through this.

EugeneJ posted:

Also weather tracking has gotten much, much more advanced and capable, so it used to be "storm's coming, could be a big one" would just mean that a storm dumped a foot and half of snow on the area, and aww poo poo better scramble the plows and pay maintenance crews a ton of overtime.

Now we can accurately predict blizzards a few days out, so we get to name the storms and panic for a lot longer.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 14, 2017

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Tumble posted:

I have 10 cans of Guinness and a few joints worth of weed. Severe rationing is in store but I think I can make it through this.

:rip:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
gently caress the news, i wanna watch maury while i "work" from home, drat it :mad:

*cracks open mike's hard cranberry passion lemonade at 10:30am*

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

oh poo poo i forgot to say that i have the new Zelda game too

YeahTubaMike posted:

gently caress the news, i wanna watch maury while i "work" from home, drat it :mad:

*cracks open mike's hard cranberry passion lemonade at 10:30am*

i am going to crack open a Guinness in just a second

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I was in a 2"-4" range and we got a light dusting....lol.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I ordered those shoes from an east coast seller because I figured I'd get that faster than from California at the same price. Man, owned so hard by this snow.

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

EugeneJ posted:

I'm not in NYC.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm trying not to day drink/smoke, I even woke up in time to remote into my work computer but now the power is out sooooo

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
only about 6 inches so far in Brooklyn. did some shoveling and had a few beers. gonna jerk the rest of the day away then hopefully only have to shovel an inch or two tonight.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I went outside to pee in the snow and it was p windy and probably 4-6" of snow. It was windy enough where I didn't try to write my name in the snow and thats like probably my favorite part of being a guy and peeing on things

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

The problem with day drinking in a blizzard is how much more time I will spend outside freezing to death like an idiot for nicotine. I'm still going to do it I just wanted to complain a bit there

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Got about 8 inches of snow and I drastically underestimated my beer supply. I'm screwed

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

great big cardboard tube posted:

The problem with day drinking in a blizzard is how much more time I will spend outside freezing to death like an idiot for nicotine. I'm still going to do it I just wanted to complain a bit there

Can't you smoke indoors and just blow it out the open window? That works right?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm trying not to day drink/smoke, I even woke up in time to remote into my work computer but now the power is out sooooo

Sounds to me like you have no choice. You know what to do

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i've seen shockingly meager amounts of booze to keep in one's abode at any given time, in this thread

stock up on bottom shelf vodka like i do, you simpletons

also keep some 151 on hand, you can drink it and also heat your home with it in a pinch if the power goes out or you run out of propane

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Jimmy Hats Snowstorm Tip #2: Taking out the garden hose and hosing down your roof will create a protective layer of ice, which will make the snow slip off the roof and prevent it from accumulating and causing a collapse!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cheap vodka fucks my stomach up the next day and it's the only cheap liquor that does it. Need to get some charcoal filters and see if I can fix it

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
drink it every day and you wont care anymore

also you can then rip ferocious toots directly onto the pilot light of your gas furnace and heat your home

Noobicide
Sep 12, 2007

Romes128 posted:

only about 6 inches so far in Brooklyn. did some shoveling and had a few beers. gonna jerk the rest of the day away then hopefully only have to shovel an inch or two tonight.

sounds like you'll be dealing with only an inch or two sooner than tonight

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i've seen shockingly meager amounts of booze to keep in one's abode at any given time, in this thread

stock up on bottom shelf vodka like i do, you simpletons

also keep some 151 on hand, you can drink it and also heat your home with it in a pinch if the power goes out or you run out of propane

its so avatar /text/ combo w.e but also v good advice

i bought some cranberry pineapple juice at the store the other day and it made cheap vodka taste likw cheap vodka but with juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarkas
Feb 26, 2017

For the lulz
My area is in total panic. So far we've gotten about 2 inches, but you know how guys like to exaggerate.

• Locked thread