Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
people are still buying this game? :thinking:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

CompeAnansi posted:

How is :thinking: not an emote here yet?

SA's early access emotes are live, friend. get in on the ground floor today!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

uhmmmmm

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

thats why the no risk dungeons wont be a problem

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

lol an unreleased, F2P game in it's paid-early-access phase has "good old days".

lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

they killed the carrot grind 2 finalalphabetas ago

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

wait so THIS time its gonna be good???

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

here's a real controversy: im going to play albion, online

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

beep_boop posted:

So, are there any plans to create a guild so we all can talk about how much we hate the game together while we 'play' it?

yeah, youre the gm! goongrats :)

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

that would mean admitting he was wrong and possibly had the elusive fun, forge

cant have that

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

this wraith guy has the chutzpah amd bravery that mmohmo really needs imo. i like him

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

gonna play this game then, at some point, i wont. its an allegory for life and death

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

BadLlama posted:

are their different races yet

the indy 500 and the daytona are in atm, not sure about others

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kylra posted:

This has got me thinking that this thinking meme is getting out of hand.

:regd08:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

here's a little knowledge bomb for ya, an idea if you will:

those games were good because the ideas were brand new. not because the actual mechanics were good

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

the circles are hella visible now and arent why the game is bad. the game is bad because forums poster suxpool and kimsemus, say it is bad

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

youre here, welcome

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

the fourth launch of darkfall online! its gonna be h*ckin epic awesomesauce

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

Man, this poo poo used to happen before Chris Roberts. He just made it very high profile because of all the literal high stakes involved.

I don't get developers with a persecution complex and the fact they're so common lmbo. It's like the worst thing to have if you want to get into this industry because poo poo is competitive and you need to be able to take some criticism to actually improve but no go ahead and let that ego swell :allears:

i think it's because the best possible outlook for the years of work that go into making a game is that the stars line up and enough people talk your game to get it noticed. competitive imo barely describes it. also, most normal people arent sadbrained goons who curl up when they receive an avalanche of personal attacks

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

what im saying is, you should consider upgrading your founders packs in light of these improvements to albion online

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if youve already paid for it, might as well jump in for the first two weeks and kill a few dudes. that part might be fun on launch? hard to tell at this point

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i have very serious opinions about this important genre of farts

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

eonwe posted:

its good

*looks up from a handful of notecards* says here that its *grimaces* ooooh sorry. its bad

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

To be fair release release as it was envisioned when the game was going to be FTP and available on tablets/phones. And races...

Back when I sunk money into this steaming pile and people like Blazing were gushing about how great it was and that green knight rear end in a top hat posted in here.

back then, it was good. today, it is not. in july, the signs point to bad

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

hahaha, no it wasn't.

counterpoint: I had fun, thus game good :smuggo:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

after firing up the ole analysis machine, ive found that the game is good

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

so youre gonna gm the goon guild? thanks for volunteering

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

2DCAT posted:

This game is really, really, really, really something.

bad?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Suxpool posted:

i fear the biggest challenge to enjoying this game is going to be (emotionally) dealing w/ the other goons playing it

agreed, game good. goons BAD

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if you look deep inside, youll find the albion was there all along

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

whoever that is posting about 'existing goon infrastructure' and 'stepping on goon toes' just lol

here's the story, friend. the only posters still playing(?) this bad game and interested in running an official goon guilde(tm) is/was forge. do whatever you want, gluttony cause afaik me and forge are going to join some russian troupe for like a week and bail when this thing inevitably catches fire for the 7th time. hell i still havent decided if i want to do all that. gonna take copious amounts of lovely booze to say yes

some more pro tips for you in ao. put poster tempus thales in charge of all your stuff, he absolutely WONT steal anything or try to sell you discord themed tshirts over voice chat. make an alliance with the br guild brazzukas and spam alliance chat about burgers. they love em. give poster kimsemus a spot in your pvp roams so he flames out immediately after the first 'anti-zerg' patch happens but before he realizes the zerg can use the thing itself and proceeds to tell everyone that having fun is actually bad

i dont think ao cares anymore about goons since we stopped all the shitposting, but good luck with your nugoons final beta boogaloo v4.2 (pre-production) guild or w/e you name it

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

2DCAT posted:

Who's making the goon t-shirts for this game??? I've got lots of cash to flash :homebrew:

i just dental flossed a tshirt through my gigantic goony rear end. whats youre mailing address

Suxpool posted:

taking all this very serious aren't you

serious posts are illegal, just like fun

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Suxpool posted:

listen if you guys aren't playing any more can you please just stop posting in this thread? you're not helping

only post here if you still play albion online

im not going to play albion online and im here to post that its not good

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Suxpool posted:

oh blazing posted in the thread i wonder what he had to say said noone

made u post :smuggo:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

2DCAT posted:

Pre-sale goes live tomorrow. It's only $69.00 and extremely limited edition.

ill have two

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FormerFatty posted:

Probably just had the wrong leadership in place, no offense. When we played darkfall we had 200+ goons all working together without much issue until 6 months into the game when the game was ruined by cheaters.

Give us a shot forge -- we plan on being somewhat competitive/organized but with a solid mix of trolling and self deprecation because we all hate ourselves.

haha, the worst you had to deal with in dfo was some dudes scripting? oh man. welcome to albion online

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

no really, im sure this will be a fun experience for all involved. glhf as the kids say :)

e:

Pixelslol posted:

Anyone wanna buy a legendary acc for 50$?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im probably going to do this. play the ship game, that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Breidr posted:

How much of a time investment does this game require anyway?

do you have any social obligations whatsoever? if yes, you dont have enough time to play albion online

• Locked thread