Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

3 days till I can enter green zones again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

So trying to plan out for this beta, is farming mobs solo a viable strategy for silver? I want to avoid running around gathering/crafting this time. Also passive income from farm is nice but Farmville. And t2 mat running to black/red cities is nice income but boring. Basically I want to know if grinding mobs solo can compete or waste of time.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

https://albiononline.com/en/update/galahad

:thinking:

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Shodai posted:

I'm taking a wait and see this round.

Only thing I want to test is the new pve carebear option vs open world pve. Hoping the reward is like 10-20% that of open world.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Pruney posted:

At this stage I feel like getting a refund and buying Crowfall instead, unless that has its own seperate issues

They don't refund if you've used the key.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I asked:

quote:

Do you have plans to scale back on the amount of "safe content"? As a full loot PvP MMO the instanced pve dungeon provides a far better reward vs risk than actually going out into the open world. As well as gatherers having easy escape options. I understand the need for fair and balanced game of both PvP vs pve but the scale is leaning towards helping pve players progress without ever having to go into the open world which makes a void of content for PvP.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Should be able to "dark souls" (e: invade) into the no risk dungeons to gank some farmers.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Albion online will make you so bored you'll resub to eve and find it thrilling.

Never actually thought I would find a game with slower combat than eve. At least there are red circles of death to avoid ever now and then.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is guild bad still available if so I would like to throw my name in the hat for it.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Will darkfall release on may 5th kill Albion or is there not much cross over between the two populations?

Personally I'm more hype for darkfall than Albion at this point.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

Im surprised I never played darkfall with how much I played ultima online with goons. Isnt there legendary drama with that game?

You could try it for free right with like 10x XP. Bad graphics, no tutorial but combat is kinda fun.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I wouldn't have a problem with gvg if it wasn't player capped. A guild should be able to zerg 100 tier 3 players if they want. Newbies will have to use numbers vs gear/skill. And if a mega alliance takes over, eventually internal strife and regular player bullshit will break up the alliance.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

What's the chances of them launching, changing everything from ground up again and "re-launching" a year later? Debating if it's worth it to grind out my skills or wait.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Suxpool posted:

i mean yea dismounting ppl is absolutely hard solo but me and oatmeal have made a science out of it with 2

Is there a good weapon for dismounting?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Breidr posted:

Read this whole thread. Can't tell if game is good or bad.

All I know is that I can pay $100 for a yak and a horse.

Don't forget if you die you lose that $100 yak and horse :)

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Suxpool posted:

idk why you nerds talk about losing your 100$ yak and horse if you die like it's a bad thing

why the gently caress did this game ever interest you if not for full loot pvp

Aren't the horse and yak t3? If so they are worth like 5ksilver in a couple days after launch, even less as time goes on.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Debating if i should try out bdo or just wait for release. 07scape gently caress it. Not sure if I wanna burn out on grinding

Keegers fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 20, 2017

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Suxpool posted:

come play on launch keegz

Still got a month to waste time

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Guess I can afk fish in bdo and grind poo poo out in this game come launch. To them hopefully not redoing everything for the umpteenth time :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Albion online is going to revive this forum.

• Locked thread