Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
https://albiononline.com/?ref=M6UTXFVGS6

put my referral in the OP this time you have enough gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

AO Forums posted:

Galahad is going live on Monday (March 13) at 12:00 UTC for our Legendary Founders, Tuesday (March 14) at 12:00 UTC for Epic Founders and Wednesday (March 15) at 12:00 UTC for Veteran Founders.

7am EST. See you there Rugz

edit: I get off work at 6:30am est and have monday/tuesday off so I no bullshit spent 70$ to upgrade to Legendary founder. Like, for real

Suxpool fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 11, 2017

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Keegers posted:

So trying to plan out for this beta, is farming mobs solo a viable strategy for silver? I want to avoid running around gathering/crafting this time. Also passive income from farm is nice but Farmville. And t2 mat running to black/red cities is nice income but boring. Basically I want to know if grinding mobs solo can compete or waste of time.

It's been viable in the past to camp certain yellow zone dungeons and kill the bosses every hour as they respawn. Easy to do while being semi-afk most of the time. As to whether or not that'll be viable with this new patch, we'll see. gently caress crafting, but running around gathering can be pretty fun. Go for leather, get up to t5 where you can start harvesting 4.3 and 4.4 and stop gathering everything you find. Just go for the premium hides and keep moving. Gives it more of a treasure hunt feel than a grind, and I got rich A F last beta doing this.

Suxpool fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 11, 2017

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
no gems no glory

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
for people like me who are either too stupid or too lazy to get much into the theorycrafting side of things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O16RLlMCJPQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqFG5eaWHUk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOdetrUc-J4

this fella's doing a series of videos on the gear changes for the new beta to help you decide what you wanna roll this time around

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

PsychicToaster posted:

Did they remove the absolutely loving terrible previous tier requirement to craft the next tier? I hated that garbage. It essentially forced you to backtrack or spend silver on lower tier resources to make higher tier stuff. Bad design.

no

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
drat Toaster, you alright man?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
these no risk dungeons aren't going to be viable after a month or two, they're really not that big of a deal

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

pixaal posted:

There are better free MMOs currently out. An honest opinion during the first beta I enjoyed the game for a month or so then the flaws started to show. The development team has changed the direction of the game multiple times without changing any of the core flaws. They keep releasing the same game with very minor tweaks every 6 months and wondering why people keep quitting a month in.

I haven't played the last few betas, I played a few more after the first they were alright, just more of the same and the burn out was quicker. From the thread it doesn't sound like anything has changed significantly. I'm sure you could enjoy yourself but I think browsing Free to Play under MMO on steam will also scratch the itch without costing you $100.

no there aren't

people quit after a week or a month or whenever because they know there's going to be a wipe and people don't feel like grinding out gathering and crafting skills for hours and days on end to have to do it over again a few months later

also because the game has flaws v0v

but there still aren't any better "new" pvp sandbox mmos on the market right now

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
It's really not hard to grind fame at all. We haven't even left the royal continent and forge is most of the way to T7.

The gathering grind is real AF tho... no more hunting glowing resources for fat fame payouts.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

BadLlama posted:

No thanks, I don't want to grind a single skeleton.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm he doesn't want to kill dudes and take their poo poo... and he doesn't want to run dungeons...

maybe he just wants to be a bitch???????????

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

BadLlama posted:

Let me correct you, I want to kill dudes and take their poo poo. I don't want to run dungeons. You can't do A without doing B in this game.

BadLlama posted:

You get nothing for killing said mans but their lovely equipment and salt.

:'(

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
was never not good

nothing is better so it is good

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
killing people in dungeons is still fish in a barrel :bernin:

i won't argue that solo pvp is retarded because you have to be a sperg of oatmeal levels to make that poo poo work for you consistently (i mean this in the nicest way)

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
albion is real fun

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Lastgirl posted:

aye

ill give it a week during the final final open beta or whatever lmk

im curious as to how their overhead is doing cos they have to be hemorrhaging at this point hemhawing about directions to take it while people muck about or moved on clearly

seems to be a glut of new players this beta

and i read their claim somewhere that they had over 200,000 people who bought in (at varying levels) before this one started

idk v0v

you should play, it's fun

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
we're almost a month in and there's still hella people playing

some of the towns are laggy af

hella dude

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the game lost its fun when all the trade routes basically died off and they added in the garbage infamy system that ruined redzone pvp.

having 8 equal entrances to a city is really lovely for people looking to catch traffic. where the hell do i even go to try and get some pvp?

use any of those 8 entrances to leave the city. all the areas around caerleon are pretty ripe with both carebears and full red PKs. it's not really something i've seen in previous iterations of AO. it's pretty cool.

the next patch is supposed to change the rep system i think so it's more reasonable???? idk that's what oatmeal and forge say.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
...rugz

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

BadLlama posted:

Are spears any good at this point? All games should have spear specs.

yea some good options in the spear line the heron spear is v. popular this beta

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

you're in a dream

https://albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/UCXHRkQBRQmPgR3NZKu_Kg
https://albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/YFPFAIouQ6GoXGWxzgt2XA
https://albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/mJrBGXrZQ3aIlJgX2wyMFw
https://albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/30cOhu42SXOnPHlDYPVjAw

nah we been wrecking dudes steady

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
hey kimsemus just buy a new account man it's obvious you want to play albion online

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
Life does not have inherent meaning; to say that our lives are pointless and our achievements meaningless is to state the obvious. No matter how grand our achievements or how broad their scope, time turns all to dust and death destroys all memory. But that does not mean we cannot ascribe our own meaning to what we do. It is because nothing has meaning unto itself that we are free to create meaning, to make metaphor, and in doing so reflect on ourselves and our world.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

eonwe posted:

i actually like open PvP in theory, but if thats all the game is then it ends up not being a ton of fun as an MMO

are you just wrong about everything, all the time?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
eonwe's dumb cuz this game is fun as hell

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
what's good homies

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
Constant toxicity yeah that's kimsemus alright!!

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Tempus Thales posted:

Puhlease. No offense to Kimsemus but I pulled pretty shameful poo poo on that forum and I didnt get kicked out. If anyone could have gotten a ban was me...

i've never tried to read the albion forums. i'm not a masochist.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
not that i'm ever gonna defend sensitive people on the internet, but "your company is ran by autistic monkies and you're a poo poo community manager" is the sort of thing that gets you banned pretty much anywhere?

give it a try with lowtax if you don't believe me

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
supposedly still in final beta with a mid july launch date

after which it will be "free to play" but not really because trying to grind skills or silver without premium status is a real pain in the keister

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
might as well wait til launch at this point

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

futile posted:

Killing people and taking their poo poo is fun

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
gvg is dog poo poo

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
good game, bad goons

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

as long as i can base out of the red city and while killing more than 2 dudes a day i'm good, problem is catching horses sucks balls without zoom or esp hacks

not as hard as u think

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
i mean yea dismounting ppl is absolutely hard solo but me and oatmeal have made a science out of it with 2

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Keegers posted:

Is there a good weapon for dismounting?

for solo the only weapon i know of is warbow but you have to grind it to like 70 to unlock speed shot

if you have 2 people though you can basically run down anything if you can get an autoattack on it with double bladed staff + hunter shoes, and hold it long enough for your buddy with claws to catch up and lock it down

Breidr posted:

So, since this game is B2P and quite a few of you own it already, so you think there will be a good guild at launch?

there will be a goon guild at launch that none of us expect to last past a few weeks because goons are dickheads

that said if you plan on playing and want an in to a good guild there are various goons who can hook you up

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
idk why you nerds talk about losing your 100$ yak and horse if you die like it's a bad thing

why the gently caress did this game ever interest you if not for full loot pvp

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Keegers posted:

Aren't the horse and yak t3? If so they are worth like 5ksilver in a couple days after launch, even less as time goes on.

yeah basically

gonna kill so many founder horses on day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
just play its a fun game

• Locked thread