Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forge
Feb 26, 2006
VOICE CHAT HERE https://discord.gg/36nAKWC

please play:

This game is exactly like in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94kj8Z7rw4o

If your like me and you can't figure out why runescape always has 7000 viewers on twitch.. prepare for albon online. It's exactly like runescape but better and all the lovely runescape guilds are now playing it. So it's sure to be a fantastic game on release.

If you want to play this game use Suxpool's referral so he can get rich because unlike the rest of the assholes here, he'll probably play on release.
https://albiononline.com/?ref=M6UTXFVGS6

forge fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I got no gems from T4 skeletals.. so not sure thats still in the game.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
THis is the best game currently on the market.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
2DCAT they did actually add poo poo that I posted in RT into the game. So I have to eat my words to some degree. They added in tunnels and caves so that you can defend territories and restrict flow. So Red Army bought the farm plot next to the black territory in a true dick move. They attacked the town on day 1, so we countered and attacked the farm.

We then restricted entry to the entire zone via camping the tunnel and the zone line, as there are only two entrances. Then his masterpiece happened.
https://albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/34005
https://albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/32917
https://albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/32971

It's still the same 5v5 gvg but there can be ways to externally effluence it now. So we won the farm attack because they had no gear except for what they were wearing when they entered the zone a 2nd time.

There are some serious quality of life improvements. What will determine if the game is worth playing in 3 months will be effectively how easy it is to avoid GvG on some level. All the weapons and armor are tuned pretty closed. There is nothing which currently jumps out as the hands down OP god choices. There is still good meta, but it's not like before where you show up with a arcane and a raven and faceroll.

https://albiononline.com/en/killboard/battles/34003

Basically the best way to have fun in this game is to associate with a guild who likes GvG and be a PvP arm of them with support. I've found a way to do that currently and it's working out well so far despite any negatives the game has.

For anyone on the edge I might suggest waiting until release unless you just want to mess around. It's likely that they will resolve some of the few remaining issues. Also the map has been interested and so far a pretty decent change. I thought it was going to be a total poo poo show but it's not been so words eaten there also.

Crafting has been more intense than before with the requirements. But really what this has shown is that not all the tops guild have it together. For instance some of them showed up to that GvG in the same gear we had. Due to rarity everyone isn't running around in what was the old .3 and .4 gear like it's falling out the sky. It's actually very rare to have that. Make the base gear like T4 is retard simple, but if you want to make the .1 - .3 you need to put in more effort.

One of the best changes is that you can craft up the tree and if you wanted to make one T5 cloth for example, you can transmute 6 T4 into 1 T5 at no silver cost. So this is a easy way to up the tree without huge issues as long as it's base tier.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Grinding fame isn't nearly as bad as those who don't play the game are making it out to be. Just to be clear.. if you didn't go into a T6+ dungeon then you shouldn't post. I've done nearly 50% of all the faming I'll ever have to do with my cloth armor currently in something like 3-4 days. Currently mastery 47. It wasn't hard or difficult and I've killed more people in the dungeon than I have outside it. Grinding Skeletals is not really a thing anymore. Bosses give 4-8k fame a pop. You can kill a boss on average of one per 5 minutes. Mobs give 400-800 fame.

I'm not saying play now.. I'm not saying grinding isn't dumb. I'm just saying it's not like people are making it out to be. Sure some of the issues are still there. IMO play the game on launch July 13th. Never worry about having to grind again .

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Kylra posted:

I remember the good ol' days when like 5 people constantly farmed carrots or whatever full time to keep stuff going.

Is the carrot rush still a thing?

Carrot struggles are legit the first 6 days.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

I mean its one thing write off 90% of the posters in this thread that did play the game, for several launches, and found that the effort/fun ratio wasn't satisfying and therefore quit - sure.

It's another to think that the new patch will fix things this time, again.

Glad to hear the combat grind has been reduced, but the crafting grind still seems real - with the new boss respawn timers, I assume it's easier than ever to afk at a boss spawn and farm silver to just buy gear?

I don't see how getting to T6 crafting for helm chest boots on my alt in the first 6 days of beta is classified as a struggle. Think about that.. working towards T7 on day 6 of beta. #strugglesarereal.

Also PvE dungeons don't work that way anymore. There is no boss camping. Try the game before everyone poo poo posts this beta. It's actually decent. Release will be decent as well with the changes in the pipe.

It's sad that they really finally seemed to get their poo poo together this beta. Because they really could have used that since alpha. But maybe since they reworked systems 92 times now they are just picking all the best ones from the past. Seems to be the general thing so far this go.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

All I have to say is thank Corsair for Scimitar mouse macros. Holy crap that was insane

Farming doesn't work like that anymore at all. The only problem with carrots is its the first thing you can make. If your guild is dumb enough to buy 14 territories on day 1 with no way to feed. Of course food is going to be a bitch.

For some thought. I used a T3 horse with a T4 backpack. Put 50 T3 wheat soup in my inventory and fed a territory for 7 days. You just can't make island farms on day1 because you don't have any silver.

forge fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 31, 2017

forge
Feb 26, 2006
You should talk with oatmeal then. He's killed tons of people solo.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
When are you making the goon guild TT?

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

AO is pretty irredeemable at this point, IMO.

There are some guilds that are diehard and going to play, but to justify wasting time in AO, even in its current state is pretty laughable. I realized after Beta 1 this game was going to be DoA if they stuck with the core rated PVP/farming systems they did, and that'll be the hill they die on.

So EVE is dead. Good to know.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the game lost its fun when all the trade routes basically died off and they added in the garbage infamy system that ruined redzone pvp.

having 8 equal entrances to a city is really lovely for people looking to catch traffic. where the hell do i even go to try and get some pvp?

Rep patch went in today which means you can flag and unflag at will. Basically unless you go on a mega killing spree on the levels of grief guild you won't get kicked out of red. I go pvp with some dudes who have a red alt guild. I run around and find blues for them to kill. Change and adapt. You can't just sit at the city entrance and gank dudes anymore. However there are on average about 5 oxes in each zone around that city on the slow times.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Post ITT if you would like a management position in the goon guild which will be created for release. There are currently a number of open positions. Also make sure to list the job title you are interested in.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The guild i'm in has 5 gvgs for tonight..

edit: :toot:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
lol

Sword & Board is the best build in the game currently. I poo poo you not look at all the non scrubtier gvgs and each has this build.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

ya maybe but i don't want to play this iteration of 'try your hardest to find people and still lose a majority of your kills to cheesey escape builds'

beta 1 had actually good pvp and roaming that wasn't one fight every 5 hours, beta 2 had trade routes that were hella good content

i tried playing last night trying to pvp around caraleon and i found like 4 dudes in 3 hours and i couldn't kill any of them because they just galloped away.

it's not fun

I feel like oatmeal must be the god of PvP because he literally can't avoid getting into retarded rear end fights. Just get in the goon discord and join oatmeal and toots.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
You get to T3 this time brah?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
What Suxpool should have posted was this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzqfs9GNC8

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Basically every weapon is viable now. It's really not like it was.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I think so maybe? But the group I play with doesn't have 20 people attacking one person so it's never been a issue. Most groups now are smart enough to pick new targets when they see 3-4 on one person.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
That gif is going to to last until this game is gone I'm pretty sure it never gets old.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Get ready for triple final beta.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

lol if you play a game that unironically employs people who got fired from developing mmos

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

forge
Feb 26, 2006
There is a simple rule of thumb to not getting burned by MMOs. Never play a korean MMO. Germany MMOs however are like volkswagon. You think you've got an environmentally safe car for 2 years then you find out it's causing everyone cancer and putting out 30x the smog. UK MMOs take your money and give grand promises but then only release after they hit financial trouble and you get 1/8 the game. US MMOs get sold to german companies or go out of business before they get released.

Hope this helped!

forge
Feb 26, 2006

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So in a heavy twist of fate I know you guys are all ready for this news.. BUT...

They have once again decided to make huge changes just two months before release. Access to black will be through a portal in the red city in the center of the royals. They are removing all the docks. Black will be getting reworked again because currently it's too big (aka not enough hardcore players). They will be introducing the blackmarket, this is actually the only good thing to come about (and from Korn). Rep system is still banning pvpers to black. All this will happen in just 81 days if you worked a 7 day week.

Also I got kicked out of RT on Monday. Bercilak made a post with changes that included how access was to be handled. Now all the guilds who own territory.. their guild leaders will be invited. So some don't speak english, others are already muted or banned from the forums. The guild im in now (same people as last beta) have 14? territories in black currently and are ranked 5th in game. The GM got invited to RT, made a joke about selling the discord invite for 5k gold coins and was promptly removed LOL. So now our guild has no one in RT. You can also get in there by being in the top fame and now owning a territory so small guilds still have a chance! Crafting 8.2 gvg gear gives you like 100k fame. Which is more than most guilds can generate, so if you want to get in RT just create a alt guild and craft. Also when you don't get enough fame or own territories you get removed from RT. So basically you get to make a forum post then see some people reply then get removed from RT.

I've asked around and basically if you weren't a YES man you aren't there.

But lets be serious. RT was never anything of value because the entirety of the RT population for the MOST PART would give feedback and then SI would just blindly do the opposite which is really no shock to anyone who's been here for a while. Problem getting casuals to black, not enough population in black? I know lets put the only way to get there in the center of the pvp city!

Basically I assume there are maybe 3000 actual players who can live in black with the current setup. Probably not the best market strategy in a game. Don't know though all the other full loot pvp mmos always do well.

So I think Kimsemus needs to get another account and then we create a guild and take a single territory to make sure he gets in RT.

Want in RT simply craft high end gear and sell for profit on AH.

Want in RT simply create an alt guild and get a territory. More than half the guilds own 3 or less territories in total. Many only own one. But the biggest LOL is only 42 guilds in the entire game own any territory!

ALSO LOL how Zorn dude is the highest fame in the game and their guild is literally the last in the list...

forge fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 27, 2017

forge
Feb 26, 2006
irony is that someone said that in his post in the RT, then that person got nuked like 2 days later along with the rest of us.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I already joked with the guild im in that I'll make a alt and give it a territory in a guild called roundtableaccessplease. Kim the funny thing right.. is that there was a permissions issue at the start of this beta where by warmaster could drop territory. So what two specific guilds did was paid masters to drop city territory. We had to abandon the guild savages like 5 days into this beta because red army paid a warmaster to do just this. So I go post in RT like 8 days into beta about how warmaster needs to have this removed so that only GM and Righthand can drop territory and there needs to be 24 hours timer like in eve where you can cancel if someone manages to get you with this. It turns into a 3 page thread and everyone is in general agreement that something should probably be done.

No poo poo like 1 week ago (now almost 1.5 months into beta?).. QueenVirgo's guild loses like 3 town plots to the warmaster bs. She goes and creates a thread "Hey this needs fixing".. 2nd post is Korn going "confirmed". I make the 3rd post saying "No offense but did no one there even bother to read my thread? I had a entire thread about this very issue the first week of this beta. This is what the 7th-8th guild this has happened to and no response??". Everyone even fucken likes the poo poo out of the post because they all read the original LOL. So anyway 2 days later the test server has it in the patch notes that it's going to be fixed and warmaster can no longer drop territories, THANKS QueenVirgo!.

Here is the kicker.. Bercilak makes his I'm going to edit RT and we neglected it etc, post. Well QueenVirgo's the GM of her guild. But because of this bug they lost all their territory. So on Monday guess who gets kicked out because welp. No territory!

The current GM of Core has something in common with you Kimsemus.

forge fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 27, 2017

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Actually it was in a PM.. lol

Yesterday
[3:48 PM] Sharkiesha: told talion his company was ran by autistic monkies and that carebear retards like fluffer will ruin his game, p.s Your a poo poo community manager
[5:32 PM] Sharkiesha: I got banned for PMing him that lol. Wasn't even on forum

Today
[3:57 AM] Sharkiesha: well rip boys, put in a leadership transfer request for purr to be GM, i got banned, GL rest of beta

He went to login and his account was banned.

I wonder if the idea is that they don't ever want them playing again, or they just want them to buy another box. Either way can't wait for sea of theives.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Just remember.. the core of their game GVG has 42 guilds who currently participate. I heard 42 of anything is a magical number which can keep entire companies afloat.

Edit: it's also not like 100% of us also told them this at least 2 years ago.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It's even less when you take into account alliances which don't attack each other.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The way they are banning players I'm pretty sure there won't be any left for release.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

eonwe posted:

would it actually tho

Launch is always fun because there is so much opportunity for free kills. I'm not going to say playing month 6 won't be a wall of boredom. But the first month of the game is always decent. Launch will no doubt be amazing if for no other reason than all the carebears who quit while it was beta will be back on launch. Chance for scamming and general fuckery will be through the roof for the first 2 weeks.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Where are those other games? I'm confused..

forge
Feb 26, 2006

futile posted:

Killing people and taking their poo poo is fun

creating salt is confirmed not fun.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So it's taken the devs two years to get to our point of view. Maybe in another two years AO will be a good game sorta like we need it to be.

I think release reality is sorta finally sitting in.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Basically some poo poo me and blazing were complaining about in RT 2 years ago. Korn suddenly posted saying how he thinks it should be this way and supports this idea. The idea of gear caps in yellow and red. So basically people don't bring 8.3 to yellow. So in another two years they'll figure out that all GvG zones should be attackable in the zone, and not be the entire 3 tents on a continent. Rep system is garbage, etc. Two more years guys.. two more!

forge
Feb 26, 2006

you are the cancer that is killing this game

Gear caps in GvGs not open world.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
There should be gear caps in yellow zone gvg because it's where newbs practice. If they went up against red army with 8.3 you would never win, and never get any decent practice because you would be camping the tent the entire GvG. Sometime makes me think you haven't actually done much GvG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It's totally a good game for hardcore pvp players. Of course goons are not that.

• Locked thread