Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, at least we're a little more wary about sudden sword-betrayals than we were earlier in the game. Nice dodge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw, poor Oz. He thought he'd live forever covered in glory.

Instead he's dead on some penny-ante island in the middle of nowhere, covered in blood.

I ain't cryin'.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yes! drat those peasants! Huddling in their huts and doing nothing to better themselves except for killing without the slightest hesitation!

I suppose that's what makes you into a good Dark Knight. Hating the world no matter what it throws at you.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Rebellion can't keep the roads clear, even. Yeah, we're fading fast.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, dang. I'm surprised that going unarmed works.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh lord, Warren's got the Anime Coughs. Poor old fool.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That I cannot do. Man goes unarmed into the camp of violent rebels and he won't talk it out with his own presumed flesh and blood?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how they've set up Catiua as doing some mysterious what-the-gently caress. Man, that could be anything. These dark knights are depraved.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, I mean, it's not like Levi isn't just following the most powerful person as though it were the natural order of things. It's just that, by his reckoning, he is the most powerful person.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
In a game with bows and crossbows, guns need a niche, and early guns basically only had one trick - you could leave them loaded and ready to fire at a moment's notice. Something like Age of Decadence where you can put a gun in a "potion slot" might work well, but as regular equipment they're a bit lackluster.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So given the way jobs work, are these character-unique jobs at a disadvantage since only one person can get experience for them?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose that's kind of the problem with having so much game after you've chumped the dark knights. Now there's just these random assholes being all like "stop him! oh god somebody stop him!" and there's no tension.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how we've been burning through leadership at such an accelerated rate that exactly two dudes flipping is enough to destabilize the Dark Knights.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Getting booted into the endless void has got to be one of the most humiliating ways to go.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's weird how the other elements have immediately associated monsters and Earth is just... have all the undead I guess? And I guess some golems.

For being the place where people spend the vast majority of their time, people don't get too creative about Earth.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So can you come back just for a boss refight or do you have to clear the whole temple first every time?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

JustJeff88 posted:

I normally don't like it much when political/character drama turns toward the supernatural, but the fact that King Dorgalua, admired and drat near worshipped by everyone, basically made a deal with Satan is kind of a nice twist.

Well, I mean, we've been throwing fireballs and gouts of acid all over the dang place already, it's not like the supernatural's a surprise.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, poo poo. I guess if you're saving your power for something that would have to be it.

But don't we have, like, a sword to seal that poo poo away?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, Punkin's reveal was pretty great, I have to give it that. For as much of a hassle as this is at least it's good for a laugh.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
In your own time. We've seen the end, and while certainly there's something to gain from seeing 100% it's not worth dying for.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Pretty sure "Gilbald" is Gilbert, from the same map as Canopus in the original Ogre Battle?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Thanks for picking this up! So how many reinforcements does she get when she summons darkness?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, this game stopped having rosy views of war around the time we rounded up a bunch of civilians and burned them. Even in charge, we can't pretend anything we're doing is right.

Though I like that there's a supply of ghosts to grind on now so nobody gets mad about killing one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is there actually a petrify effect in this game or was that statue bit more of a plot thing?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'd figure with all the memory editing already done somebody would have a way to res characters, but I imagine that's not what people have been concerned with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So did Nybeth breach the fourth wall? The palace was made for us, the players?