Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I just caught up on this LP and I wanted to say how happy I was to see it, especially taking the other major story path, after the previous Chaos LP fizzled out. Thank you for going to so much trouble, Tithin.

If it would be useful for anyone, I own the very attractive, very large strategy guide to this game if something needed to be looked up or whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Andyzero posted:

Eeeh, the strategy guide tries hard, and it's pretty. But there's a lot of nitty-gritty stuff it doesn't explain well.

It's a fine reference but not a great guide, if that makes any bloody sense. Like the game, though, beautiful graphics and production values.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I downloaded One Vision (I also watched the music video for it online) and I really appreciated how well the creator documented his work, but has (s)he done anything in regards to crafting? There were hundreds of tweaks and balance changes, but I don't recall anything directed towards what I would consider the most egregious aspect of the game.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Roobanguy posted:

base game crafting is incredibly simplified. basically there are like 5 ores you can buy in the shop. these ores can be combined with themselves to make an ingot. for example, the cheapest ore can be combined with itself to make copper to iron equipment, with copper only taking 2 ore and iron taking like 4. the same goes for wood except theres only 1 buyable wood but it combines to all the other types you can make.

weapons now only take like 3 materials at most to make. like say to make the ultimate sword+5 it takes the base weapon, 2 iron ingots, and some balsa wood. so you buy 8 cheap ore to make the 2 iron and 2 wood to make the balsa wood. no more fusing 350 times to make 1 wootz metal, just buy 4 expensive ore and make it in 1 go.

the highest tier post game book still takes random drops to make though.

Good to hear... what about failure chances and/or THAT animation?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

tithin posted:

Hey y'all

Gone for a week to meet my new nephew - updates will probably be end of next week? ish?

What's his RT value?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Since this thread is going to be on a short hiatus, I'd like to propose a topic of discussion besides the imaginary RT value of real people. I recently read an LP of Final Fantasy Tactics for PSX, and I was wondering how people feel about that famous game versus this one. In your opinion, in what areas is LUCT superior to FTT and vice-versa? I, of course, have my own thoughts on this but will save them until the discussion gets off the ground.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I normally don't like it much when political/character drama turns toward the supernatural, but the fact that King Dorgalua, admired and drat near worshipped by everyone, basically made a deal with Satan is kind of a nice twist.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I had an idea... is it possible to send the portion of this game consecrated to one major branch of the main plot to the archives, and then continue the thread with the intention of sending the rest of the post-game materials as a separate entry later? I thought that might be useful given the current situation. I can completely understand tithin being burned out and I am grateful that he finished the main story, but perhaps his hard work should be saved on its own to preserve his effort and his own unique storytelling methods.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

tithin posted:

If waah wants to start a new thread, he can - not sure I see the need personally, but that's up to him. I'm happy to update the threads index and stuff with his updates as I would have my own.

Can't tell if this is a burn or not

Not in the slightest, I swear. Everyone has their own way of telling a story; I just want to save your work. I would have burned out on this right around the time that Canopus joined, but had I actually finished the main story then my interpretation and presentation style would have been substantially different from yours. I'm an academic, so it would have been long-winded and full of little-known words that only a pompous jackass like me would use. waah will do his bit in his own way and certainly do a better job and last longer than I would.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
If you're willing to go through the work necessary to make it happen, I vote for whatever option allows us to see as much of the game as possible... even the lovely, poorly designed bits. I don't know enough about this portion of the game and/or what locks off what to make any more specific requests.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I'm confused and possibly just thick, but when did you recruit him? He tells you to piss off, you go to another place far away that you have no way of knowing about and see some flowers, and now he is in your party... did I miss something?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
This is such a good game, minus a few obnoxious flaws, that I wish that they would remake it again for a current, popular system other than the PSP. I like my PSP fine, but it wasn't a popular system in the western hemisphere and it makes me sad that such a fine game is going to be missed by a lot of folks who enjoy that sort of thing.

I would pay handsomely for a remake of this remake, using the same art style, on Switch but with crafting the many obnoxious but anonymous design issues ironed out.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I really didn't like how they awkwardly made it out to be a half-dead enemy who shot that girl and then became fully-dead, but it was still very effective. I went and watched the video online and I legitimately started in my seat and said "What the gently caress!?" when it happened.

Mind you, I was really hoping that that incident was some sort of assassination targeted at our pirate chum or an old enemy getting petty and bloody revenge and that it would all lead to some kind of sub-plot, but it was still moving nonetheless.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
As the grandson of two combat-wounded WWII veterans, one of whom is happily still with us, and a former lieutenant in the RCAF who watched his first CO die pointlessly during peacetime in a routine training exercise, I'll drink to that.

Cheers.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
waah, I'm probably not alone when I say that I would like to know your power-levelling technique. I'm OCD~ish about maxing out everyone and unlocking all their abilities.

waah posted:

We should have an update late next week/early week after. I've did a little bit of PoTD, and then came back out to power level Catiua's priest levels so that the AI won't be as stupid and actually get rid of skeletons and undead.

I originally read the bolded acronym as PTSD, noticed my mistake, and then realised that there isn't too terribly much difference between the two.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

mauman posted:

Having played the PSX version (they're identical) I'm honestly not that surprised.

The PSP tactics ogre is hard.

The SNES/PSX version is ball breakingly insane.

A small part of me actually misses the rather realistic take on death of the original. The (much saner) rest of me does not.

I never played the PSX or SNES version and don't care to start, but after seeing this LP I don't think that I could ever again play the game on a PSP either. Having seen the terrible crafting system, the often hellish grind, the fickle and incomprehensible factors that go into recruiting and post-game content... I could go on, but despite owning a functional PSP, a working game disc and even the huge strategy guide for this game, I could only see myself picking it back up via emulation. At this point, the thought of trying to get deep into this game without save states, cheats and the like is like asking me to grab your goggles from the bottom of a pool that you just filled with malnourished sharks with strong anti-semitic tendencies. A great game with a strong tactical core, charming visuals and tons of depth and replay value, but so much jank that being able to play "on the go" isn't even a selling point anymore.

Also, the PSP has a tiny screen and dodgy ergonomics, but that's as may be.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Possibly a stupid question, but wouldn't dutifully picking up cards in battle somewhat mitigate the need for focused grinding?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

lobster22221 posted:

Don't forget that not every enemy drops a card. Google is saying you get .1-.5 points per card, so it takes between 2 and 10 cards to level up a single stat one point.

A level up only gives .1 to all stats(10 levels = 1 point in all stats), but its guaranteed and applies to all stats to potentially multiple units.

If cards were the only way to level up, it would probably be even more tedious.

Fortunately we can do both.

I knew that cards didn't always drop, but I did not realise how little each card boosted a stat. This answer my question.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I just wanted to say, Waah, that I thank you for carrying on even though the game is getting awfully monotonous. Your dedication to repetition is appreciated.

Not to be pedantic, but I noticed that you called the witch queen that speaks in the story battle "Beezlebuth" several times while her name in-game is "Beelzebuth"

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
PPSSPP is a hell of an emulator.

I have no further comment.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

waah posted:

It's a minor story point but it doesn't matter anyways. The problem was months ago when I decided to forge through the CODA after the Pirates Graveyard the auto AI killed Catiua with extreme prejudice at Heim.

I didn't think anything of it cause I was just gonna do Azlestan for the LP and then just load a different save. But I got lazy in making sure all my CODA flags were set and missed the most important one.

I can do everything else right for the CODA, if Catiua is dead in the Warren Report I might as well have completed the game on Neutral or something stupid.

I can always just put the save file on the vita and play through it at night to fix some potential loyalty issues and for the most part it won't effect the coming update. It just means I get to play through the Palace of the Dead for the... 5th time? On this save file.

Yay.

To be fair, the game's tactical combat is gorgeous and quite fun. To be even more fair, you're a loving legend if you go through that again.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

agradine posted:

I like to think of it as a pretty great Strategy RPG with a series of escalating torture devices pre-installed.

Well said. It's not that there have never been games remade twice, but this is probably the first game that I wish would be remade twice.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

waah posted:

I don't know about a remake. I think a Square Enix patch could fix all the problems with crafting and the post game.

Assuming that it's possible from a technical standpoint, and it may or may not be - I have no bloody clue, I'm surprised that a fan patch hasn't popped up yet. This game seems to be of the type that has a small but passionate following that would eventually do that.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

agradine posted:

True. And it's not like the game needs a "hardtype" patch a la every FFT fan project ever.

I agree. Sometimes I think that gamers, especially older gamers that lived during the Era of Horrific Design, need games that are just sickeningly difficult so that they can level up their internet cred and somehow prove themselves to an aloof parent who isn't there.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Notorious Moogle posted:

Ehhhhh it depends on how difficult. Every game doesn't need to be 'DARK SOULS GIT GUD' level (although I really enjoy Dark Souls), but I remembered hating myself the last time I purchased a 60 dollar game and blazed through it in about a day or so. I distinctly remember feeling like I got robbed. Not every game has to be difficult or challenging tho

I see your point, but Games of Yore (tm) were often very, very hard to extend the playtime as the amount of content was extremely limited by space. That's no longer the case, though I will grant you that the cost of developing major titles has ballooned horribly. That, however, could be placed more upon a desire to have cutting edge production values, which aren't strictly necessary and aren't really content in terms of mysteries to solve and challenges to overcome.

My impression of LUCT is that, horrible crafting mechanics aside, one is obligated to repeat the same content over and over for diminishing returns, but the choice is either that or miss out on original content. I'm all for a challenging 100-level post-game dungeon-a-thon, but having to redo that Mega Dungeon over and over, even doing bits of it over and over, is just ludicrous. If people just want to play the story and stop that's fine - no-one is obligated to do anything unwanted. If somebody does want to see 100% of a game, however, and doing so feels like a punishment, that's bad design in my book.

quote:

With that being said I do emphasize the difference between actual challenge and artificial difficulty via poorly designed absence of quality of life game design choices.

You and me both. Even after decades there are a lot of sacred cows that still need to be put down. We'd all have more fun + cheesburgers

On another note, I hope that this isn't dead. I couldn't blame anyone for getting fed up with the grind, but I still hope that it's not dead.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I can't resist saying that I miss this LP.

Edit: No, I have not been drinking.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Tallgeese posted:

If you want to show off rare drops, why not just use Drop All Items?

I mean, the right guy still has to spawn, but after that...

I am entirely in favour of this. Next time I play through Earthbound, I am using the same sort of code to make those bastards in the volcano drop Star Pendants, rather than rely on the RNG.

I consider fighting the RNG in games bad design, and I say "cheat"

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
This LP and the unpleasant bits that we have seen started me thinking about a mod that I had heard of once. I couldn't remember the name, but I did some searching and eventually found what I was looking for: It's called One Vision and seeks to fix some of the more egregious problems with this otherwise fantastic game. It's not 100% done yet, but it's up to version 9.2 and seems to be still an active project, I hope, as it was updated this past October. Lower down on the page that I linked is a Google Drive post that hosts some spreadsheets about the mod and a very detailed readme. As far as I can tell, it does not change graphics nor story in the slightest and only seeks to comprehensively rebalance the game to help smooth over that which is tedious and also tone down things that can break the game utterly.

I would be interested in hearing others' opinions, either on what they've read or experiences of those who have played this mod already.

waah posted:

TACTICS OGRE - DOUBLE U TEE EFF EDITION

So emergency mini update because about an hour ago this happened as I was prepping to get captures for the SSLP.

This a 14 minute video of the fight of our AI death bots beating King Roderick. Some spoilers for dialogue so if you really want to hold out for the official update feel free.

https://youtu.be/DgcEd-wvsJg

Aaaaah I have my pointer in the video, I'm so sorry!!!!!

That was... a thing. I'm rather speechless.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

tithin posted:

Tallgeese was talking about it a while back. They seemed really into it.

I have to admit that, as much as I enjoy the story, visuals and most of the mechanics in this game, seeing some of the really heinous bits and what waah has gone through has made me realise that, though I own a functional PSP, a retail copy of this game and even the huge official strategy guide for it, I could only play it via emulation with cheats. There are just too many things that I would like to do in it that are gated behind infuriating randomness, mind-numbing grind or design decisions that leave me slack-jawed at what some dev genuinely thought was a good idea. I often wonder how the SFC/PSX/SAT versions were, both the good and the infamous.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

waah posted:

As someone who's played through most of the PSX version and all of the PSP version I don't like this take.

The base game of the PSP Tactics Ogre is essentially perfect. Crafting can be a little rough, but to beat the self contained story as is, is about a perfect experience as you can imagine. You never *have* to take on any of the more ridiculous challenges for titles, the CHARIOT system is amazing for less experienced players, and the death system is so much more forgiving than the SFC version. The weird design decisions really only read their head when you need to min/max for some of the extreme challenges or content.

My portion of the LP is by design to show the most awful and grindy parts of the game. For all intents and purposes you should be thinking of Roderick and Nybeth as you would super bosses in any other RPG.

While there are bits of story gates behind the tactics ogre super bosses, no one dings the Final Fantasy series because you have to grind to all heck to beat the weapons or the dark aeon or Yizamat.

I guess that we have to agree to disagree, then. I did perhaps overstate things, and I will concede that the base game is equipped with an excellent story and quite refined mechanics. However, I don't apologise for a harsh criticism of things like the highly random nature of rare drops or the tedium of the crafting system. Nothing gets better without coming to terms with its flaws, and one thing I dislike is things like unique weapons that only randomly drop if a certain mob randomly spawns in a huge dungeon that goes on for yonks. Gameplay rewards should be locked behind challenges, not challenges plus the fickle finger of fate. This is a pet peeve that I have held literally for decades and goes back to playing EverQuest at the turn of the millennium where a group could camp a rare mob that spawns randomly for hours, sometimes days, and then be thwarted when that mob didn't drop the item that they came to get. I realise that this was largely designed to extend the playtime of games in a cynical attempt to make more money off of monthly fees, so I maintain that it is unequiovocally bad design in a game for which one pays once and only once. As another example, many in this very thread have bemoaned the crafting system in this game and even shared cheats to get around the worst bits, so I think it fair to say that crafting is at least an area of concern.

I will confess that my memory of some things is diluted as this LP has gone on for quite a while, but I stand confident in saying that most people would understand if I say that I as an admitted completionist/100%er type that I would probably only play this game on emulation with a few cheats and perhaps a sympathetic mod or two.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

waah posted:

See this I can get behind. Its asinine for the game to have both rare drops and still also have the particular enemy not always show up. Having all drops helps and I don't think it would get across how awful it was if I did the post game with all drops cheat turned on.

I probably should have come across gentler in my response, but the rose tinted glasses for the SFC/PSX version's way of doing things is a sore spot for me. With emulators and save states it's easy to forget how absolutely miserable the original version could be if you didn't try to break the game at every possible chance. For all the frustration of drops and crafting, they don't equal 1/100 of the frustration of having a party member permanently die to a lucky crit or a gremlin shoving them off a cliff and then having to restart a 45 minute long battle.

As a completionist or power gamer, this game will drive you mad. But if the current post game was cobbled onto the old game system instead of the overhauled one we got, the CODA of Tactics Ogre would be virtually unplayable outside of cheats.

I hope that you haven't misunderstood me, waah, especially given my gratitude for your patience in seeing out the... let's call them "less-refined" parts of this game. I have no experience with the original versions of this game and no desire to play them as I am fully aware that those versions have even greater shortcomings. I just want it to be clear that this is not a case of rose-tinted glasses on my part whatsoever; I am merely commenting, albeit harshly, on the flaws of an otherwise splendid remake that is without a doubt superior to its predecessors. That said, it is indeed a remake and, naturally, it's much easier to do a better job the second time 'round. I also want to repeat that my understanding of the game's flaws is also blurred by the fact that this LP has been going for months and months, so I without a doubt can't articulate my concerns as well as I might have yonks ago when I was first exposed to the game's flaws. Having said all that, I maintain my position that nothing is perfect and that criticism is a powerful force for improvement, so it behoves us all to be honest about what could be better.

An another note, does anyone have any suggestions on places to find a reasonably complete set of Game Genie/Action Replay codes for this game? Many have been posted in-thread, but it would be a chore to go back through the many posts and look for them. I am seriously considering starting a playthrough of this game with the not-quite-finished One Vision patch, but I may resort to a few codes if certain things prove too grating. I haven't made my mind up on this yet as One Vision is nearly done and I may decide to wait for a few months until it addresses some things, such as drops, that are still on the author's to-do list. If anyone is interested, there is a current and fairly active discussion about the mod here.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I'm glad that it's rekindled your passion for the game, but maybe you should weave those in while doing the more tedious stuff. It might help you stay fresh to do a bit of the fun stuff, go back to the less exciting parts, then come back to the fun bits etc. If you do all of the up-tempo bits now, you might go back to the other parts and burn out more quickly. Just a thought.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I will never understand why programmers can't write an AI that at least tells those characters to "run close to your allies" or, just to make it loving simple, let the player control them. I was just looking at mods for Final Fantasy Tactics and most of them specifically said "The player can now control guest characters!". I understand fully the need for an '!' there.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

tithin posted:

Man, I've decided I wanna play one vision, but I cannot be arsed digging out my vita, getting it charged, checking the firmware to see if it's hacked, relearning how to update it, mod the iso, transfer the iso

just so much loving effort.

I'm not blaming you. I'm probably going to wait until version 1.0 is out, but I am only going to play out on emulation because I, too, cannot be arsed. Also, I want access to cheats, even with a comprehensive mod.

FoolyCharged posted:

The best guess I have is that he got made so tanky that someone else was always the squishier target. The ai doesn't seem to prioritize people you need to defend, hence the naked vice strats.

You're right; I remember that from early in the LP. I maintain that just letting the player control them is the simplest (and most humane) option.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Has anyone any thoughts on Knights of Lodis on GBA? I bought that years ago from a pawn shop for some trifling sum and just now remembered that I had a copy.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

waah posted:

Knight of Lodis owns. There isn't a branching story line like LUCT, but KoL is a great game on it's own.

There are two problems with it. #1 is that it's sloooooooooooow. I don't think I could play a non emulated version without the option to speed it up in 2019.

#2 is that the turn based system is different and having your whole team take a turn and then their whole team take a turn (a la Xcom or Warhammer 40k) is a bit jarring at first.

There are people who say the story sucks and isnt on the same level as Tactics Ogre, but when we talk about CODA 3 and 4, I am going to be going into spoilers about Knight of Lodis and how the CODA intentionally draws some parallels between the two games.

For all the hate about KoL not being canon, the CODA seems to sure think so.

I will keep the speed thing in mind. My hands are so large that playing any portable that can run GBA carts is uncomfortable (I do well enough with a 3DS XL), so would probably emulate it. That lends itself well to acceleration.

I've played the early Ogre Battle games, namely March of the Black Queen and OB64, a fair bit and they just didn't click for me. The only one I've really been keen on is LUCT for the PSP, whose predecessors on the SFC/PSX/SAT I have never played and never will because they are faffy as gently caress. Knights of Lodis seems very charming and reminds me of Let Us Wrap Ourselves in Cling Film - The Rewrapping, so I might have a go at it while I wait for One Vision to be completed.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
While we wait for waah to summon up the courage to continue, would anyone care to sound off, as specifically as possible, in the differences, apart from visual of course, between the original LUCT and the PSP remake? As frustrating as the remake can be, the BS factor in the original is even more pronounced from all reports. I assume that there are not any significant functional differences between the SFC/PSX/SAT ports of the game (apart from possibly language), but I would enjoy knowing about it and perhaps waah would find it cathartic to be reminded that things could indeed be much worse.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

mauman posted:

items had to be carried by the person (competing with equipment). btw, max of 4 items or equipment.

Pardon my stereotype, but bloody hell that's awful. Having individual item bags I would be okay with, but having such a strict limit is bollocks. It make's the 8 slots for gear and items per character of the early Dragon Warrior games sound almost generous.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
All I am hearing is "stick to the PSP version, possibly with mods and/or cheats to smooth out the prickly bits", and I'm fine with that.

One thing that I noticed early in this LP and that One Vision really addresses, even though it's only 92% done according to the author, is the power of archers. I haven't played OV yet, but archer dominance really jumped out at me and was commented upon many times in this thread. Not surprisingly, that was one of the first things addressed in the mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

waah posted:

Voting Reminder

This is the last 36 hours to get your votes in on what we cover for the next few updates.

A) This CODA Train don't stop: Finish CODA 3 and 4

B) I liek Angels Ethereal Visions: Oooh what is San Bronsa?

C) We've seen 9 months of the Palace of the Dead, why not 10?: Who is Blackmoor?

D) I encourage you to cheat and get orichalcum: Let see some Heavenly Generals

E) I have another idea: Name something I haven't covered in the post game or in the other choices

Right now voting is
A) 4
B) 2
C) 0
D) 0
E) 0

Don't care) 1

There's an end in sight gentlegoons. It's pretty far away, but there is an end coming. For the first time ever, I think I got legit sad because I realize I don't have too many more screen caps left before we're all done with thing.

Though all I really care about is that everything is done eventually, I'll add my vote to CODA as well. It seems to be the most tedious bit and I'm a fan of getting the obnoxious poo poo over with quickly, so that's my pick.