Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Obviously this should be the saga of Mercury because playing an Ogre Battle game is a Queen reference in and of itself.

As much as I love Freddie, referencing him in Ogre Battle LPs is kind of a thing that happens all the time.

So I suggest we name him May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What killed it for me in the end was grind for skill points, crafting, and side dungeons. There is so much side content in this game that if you feel like you have to get everything you can on a first pass, you will probably hate yourself. And then the battery in my PSP kind of went bad and inflated like a balloon, which is not something I've seen happen to a battery before.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

God, what would it take to get a new Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre game before the next presidential election?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I find it interesting that the story that follows the most traditional hero narrative is the "chaos" route when chaos is almost always associated with evil and/or depravity in RPGs.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Now that we're past that point, can someone explain the emptyquote joke?

Do the freebies have any special qualities like the three you get at the start of Chapter 2 of Final Fantasy Tactics?

Can you rename people once they are hired? I haven't played this game since it came out and have been playing a lot of Battle Brothers lately, where using the barber to completely reinvent a man is a thing.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 27, 2017