Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

tithin posted:

We're presented with our first real choice. This one has absolutely gently caress all impact that I can discern. Later choices will not be so lacking in consequence. For this choice, I simply chose the first one. Future choices of consequence will be the result of a thread vote.

Actually, this has an effect: it swaps the sexes of the free batch of generic characters you get a little later (eg. you get a male warrior with one choice, you get a female warrior with the other). No stat differences between the sexes, so it's cosmetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

I am actually disappointed as I wanted this to come out for Switch so that I could play it portably.

likewise. One glimmer of hope though:

the article posted:

Given that the leak comes from a PlayStation Store-focused website, it is currently unknown whether the game will also be available for additional platforms.

Disgaea 6's PS Store page also makes no mention of it being available on Switch (which it is), so there's still a chance

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

in the PSP version, you could use Chariot in the middle of your turn (eg attack, miss, Chariot to start of turn, move, attack, hit); as long as you didn't go to an earlier turn, it didn't count as a use of Chariot for the purpose of the game stats and a title. In Reborn, you can only use Chariot at the beginning of the turn (so attack, miss, End Turn, Chariot to previous turn, move, attack, hit). That might be the exploit they were talking about.

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 14, 2022

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

Bregor posted:

- Similarly, the blue cards kind of suck? The ability and crit ones don't seem to help that much and they just visually clog up the battlefield.

blue cards may be kinda weak early on; they do start to make a difference as the game progresses. You're going to want to pick them up, either to buff yourself or keep them away from enemies, when it's convenient.

conversely, the green cards (the permanent buffs) feel pointless. The boost provided is less than 1pt per card, and they don't drop frequently enough to add up to anything (I'm in chapter 3 now, and I think I could count the number of green cards I've seen with one hand).

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

Naramyth posted:

Wish they went further and dropped individual units leveling completely.

??? how would that work then? am I missing something, or are you hoping for a level-less system? While that would be interesting in a game, I think that would be an even larger departure from original and PSP's systems than PSP's was from the original. Better to try in a new game, rather than in a remake

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

oh this is going to be magical, isn't it :allears:

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I mean, I guess the "other LP" is currently still readable for me. Which is strange, because I don't have the Archives Upgrade.

but aside from that; even if we have Chaos in a different LP, we don't have a Neutral. And then, if you're going to do two out of the three, why not do all three?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

that issue with Ease having a 50-50 between removing Bewitched and Dark-Averse leads me to consider that the true purpose of the Averse status effects. The number of times the enemy has tried to Ease their guys of Stunned or whatever and got rid of Averse instead; or the number of times I've Charioted to correct that...

waah posted:

This Apocalypse finisher has the chance to remove a heart btw. It’s unique to Lans and it really hurts. Why no, I’m not telling you this for any particular reason. No, Lans doesn’t have 87 out of the 100 technical points he needs to use this skill in this screenshot. Nope.

so if it drops someone to zero hearts (but not zero HP), do they die immediately, or do they just have no more "get-out-of-dying-free" cards?
also, I wonder if they changed Apocalypse at all in Reborn, given the hearts are gone.

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 23, 2022