Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I understand. Whats wrong with a little purge of the innocent here and there? Our parents got purged and we turned out Just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Plus the whole point is to make the enemy mistake you for a huge attacking force and pull them away from where the main army os striking.

Having a guy run off screaming "oh god, they're here!" is actively to the plans benefit

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a choice to walk out with leonar there. I'd imagine it's coming soon, but ronwey is spouting some seriously suicidal stuff there.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I mean there is only 1 true and correct option here.
make Donnalto a ninja

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

We could never replace the duke
Our poor decision making skills could never match his!

although this one comes pretty close no matter which way you swing it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I do appreciate that the chaotic choice has swapped from being altruistic to even more evil than our current path

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Its really interesting to see levi and vyce working together after the chaos route.

Im sure there will be a vote soon where we stab him in the back for power the greater good.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Making the frail, old, priest into a ninja assassin that butchers men by the dozen was the best choice.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Glazius posted:

So I guess the plan is to take the castle and then fight this battle the other way, when the besieging army returns to try and take it back?

I think the idea is that if you take the heirophant, the enemies either surrender or fall imto disarray.
Either way it probably doesnt end well for the heirophant.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Wait what? Vyce joined us permanently? We arent going to back stab him later for glory and power the good of the people?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Law Vyce (as in the Vyce on the law path) ends up being a decent guy and once you have proven that you can actually do some good is happy to go back to following you.

The thing is, I was kind of expecting to denam to sacrifice him out of "necessity" at some point. Him joining the party as a non guest tells me we don't reward his trust with a knife in the back.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Levi has such great faith in people now for some reason.
"Sure I butchered a bunch of innocent people to rabble rouse a war, but surely these other guys are honorable and won't murder me/hold me captive!"

Roobanguy posted:

wow you hosed up that spoiler hard core.

You might want to edit it out of your quote then, now you're the one mucking it up.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

We shall do what we must. Learning from your mistakes is for the weak!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

She decided she hates the man who lovingly raised her based solely on the words of the comically evil man that they wanted revenge against as their only goal initially.

She's a dick at heart, and not very sympathetic.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

Ozma, are you going to say anything to that? No?
Ok then.

e:^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, what he said

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Screw being sympathetic to her. We are doing what needs to be done and she spit on us and everyone who ever loved her by siding with evil McGee. If she's started standing in the way of progress after that it's her problem.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I can't really give her any poo poo for siding with him, since Lanselot cornered her when she was off by herself. It's not like she was going to fight off the entire Dark Knight command unit by herself.

Her taking a swing at Denam when he found her again was some crazy bullshit though.

I mean she's not exactly under duress here. All it took to get her on team evil guys was being told "he's not your REAL dad."

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I really love how the bad guys get captured and their response is, "nah, we're leaving"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

mauman posted:

I disagree with this one on principle.

Story characters SHOULD be better than generics.

Nah, the special snowflakes that I made and named and raised from level 1 birth should absolutely be just as special as the special snowflakes that some developer named and wrote some lines for and gave a special sprite.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You're cheating past the grind right? Have you tried turning cheats off to make sure one of them isnt the cause?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

It looks like both Lancelots and someone with purple hair

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

tithin posted:

Update: The end.

I'm sorry folks, I really tried.

I've gone back to this dungeon four times in the last... month? since my last update, and never made it further than a fight before losing interest in playing almost completely.

I've had a lot going on in my life the last little while, but I think I've lost my mojo for the game completely.

I'm very proud of the fact that I made it through the game, which was always my intention, I had hoped to do the post game, but, hands in the air, it beat me.

This was an incredible game, and I'm very grateful that you've all stuck around for over 12 months to allow me the opportunity to show you it.

It's cool man. Grata on knocking out the campaign. The end game looks so horrible I think it's a good thing you're bowing out.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The post game looks so ugly I'd say curse broken because there's nothing worth playing left.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

tithin posted:

If waah wants to start a new thread, he can - not sure I see the need personally, but that's up to him. I'm happy to update the threads index and stuff with his updates as I would have my own.

Can't tell if this is a burn or not

I think he's just worried the thread will burn out and the finished story will be lost.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Was it one? Are the names new to the remake?

E:pirates, but we must ensure that for the rest of the lp any we recruit don't do anything

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 10, 2018

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Experiments? Subject G-00N

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

I will never understand why programmers can't write an AI that at least tells those characters to "run close to your allies" or, just to make it loving simple, let the player control them. I was just looking at mods for Final Fantasy Tactics and most of them specifically said "The player can now control guest characters!". I understand fully the need for an '!' there.

The best guess I have is that he got made so tanky that someone else was always the squishier target. The ai doesn't seem to prioritize people you need to defend, hence the naked vice strats.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

tithin posted:

there's a whole lot of words that could be written about how long the US has been at war, but I'm not american, and I am not emotionally invested in it.

Sure would be nice if they stopped rolling from one mess to another though.

It's a grand human tradition that there is always one region that is engaged in a constant stream of warfare for far longer than anyone should be comfortable with.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Bregor posted:

Minor complaint but I think you have these flipped. The "follow in this madness?" line is Law route when you agree with Leonar's plan for Balmamusa, and "they're as good as dead" is Chaos when you refuse.

Excellent breakdown of the motivations and character growth here in the CODA. Makes me glad I'm playing through the game again (and about to go through PotD for the first time on this save :smithicide:)

If you want to defend him on technicalities that definitely weren't intended, Vyce basically picks the path you don't. It's probably how the mistake got made in the first place.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Wait, so we just beat the post game and there's still a post post game?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

tithin posted:

Yes, there's still an additional post game dungeon untouched with its own associated storyline, and the end coda fight we just saw has a different outcome if you use a different unit configuration.

This loving game. There's so much cool poo poo and you won't see any of it without a super detailed guide and a fuckton of grinding.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

If one was playing on an emulator (and why wouldn't we, the PSP is an ergonomic mess), can save states be exploited for crafting or does the seeding of the RNG work in a way that prevents that? I would never play this game on native hardware for a number of reasons, one of which I just mentioned, and I fancy that I'm not alone. So, it's worth asking.

Honestly at that point what's the difference with just putting in a cheat code to make it always work? Which you could and should totally do

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Good God, it's been 5 years but we're bringing the thread home.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

FairGame posted:

...but the 2010-2011 game was *already* a remake. What more is needed here?

Removal of The Pot

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Eh, it's not like long radio silences have been abnormal.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The original was too niche to merit how good the psp port was anyways, so I hold out hope.

Tactics Ogre is held up as incredibly influential or groundbreaking with SE staff, former and current. They haven't done anything with it obviously, but I think the game carries a lot of weight with a few people there still.

To be fair, from what I've seen they're ditching levels being tied to classes and some other stuff people didn't like from the psp version. There's hope that the endgame is less of a comical grind and that something is done with the godawful crafting system they added.

The actual main campaign is fantastic, so I dont think anyone really cares if that gets left alone.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

:aaaaa:
It's back!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Picked up the remaster with some of my overtime money because I really enjoyed the thread. Goddamn, it's even better playing it.
E: Seriously though, I'm about to be a weenie that's opposed to things like slaughtering towns of the people I'm fighting to protect and the soundtrack is loving great. Love the horns.

It also helps that its a lot easier to keep all these people and factions straight when I'm mainlining the plot and not viewing the plot in lp time.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

I would say 'try again', but I don't know if it will help.

Is there any other way to backup the photos and videos? They wouldn't take up that much space, and what I've found with LPs that never leave the forums is that the videos are lost first while the photos take some years, but eventually all that is left is the text. Presumably videos and screencaps could be stored offline just in case.

If the photos are on imgur, there was a policy change over there a while back that stuff gets deleted for inactivity after a period. So video will last longer right now waiting for barudak to return or hand off the reigns.