Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

God speed to you in LPing this massive, interesting, grind-heavy game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, nice internalised sexism, sis!

(though to be fair Ravness might not have made the best first impression with such an incredibly Mary Sue name)

Catiua and Vyce are just full of rage.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

: Perhaps the corpses must be stilled before the sould can be put to rest....

I'm not 100% sure if this is a typo or the game just being olde toimy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The other one sounds like something Vyce would say. And we're not Vyce. Gotta at least offer them a chance, even if they'll probably be too thick-headed to just surrender.

Also you should totally just steal all the portraits from Helmet's abandoned LP.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

: My siege of Almorica was a purely business venture, you see. a deal struck with the heirophant to satisfy my...curiosities.

Capitalize.

quote:

Our opening moves are unremarkable. Donnalto and Nerraw both use :herbs: to increase their mana.

:2bong: ?

quote:

Nerraw getting all apocalyptic up in here as he continues his rain of taking down fools.

reign

quote:

: It makes you weak!

: It makes you weak! To honor the gods and despise demons is to dilute the weight of your words and the import of your actions.

This could be merged or the second 'It makes you weak!' could be removed, honestly.

quote:

And Canopus ends Nybeths

Nybeth's

quote:

at which point he turns into a loving bat and flies away. Halloween isn't for another six months rear end in a top hat!

Capital

quote:

Denam, was it? A name I shall make a point to remember.

I would've voted for default names if I'd gotten in the thread quick enough but that didn't really happen and we're going with Levi now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

: hich is why we must swear allegiance to Lodis and ensure they are no foe of ours.

Which.

Also, what happened to Snippette?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

Brezen joins the battle and kicks Vyces poo poo in.

You've got the same picture here twice.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Unique sprite arguing with generic soldiers? Obviously she's important in some fashion. Also, she's giving the people who have a dragon the finger. We need that kind of fiery temperament from someone who isn't Vyce!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can you grind anywhere yet?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stop this Lunacy! It's one thing to be fighting soldiers of some kind but swording the old and young is a bit too far. We ain't no Darth Vader.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How much are Oberyths (sp?) worth?

also good lord, neat concepts but terrible execution on that Loyalty poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

There's three different ones from memory, bronze silver and platinum, i think?

I saw copper, bronze and silver from just this update so I dunno either. I'm still super convinced I saw a gold one in there somewhere too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

This Octopi needs to be put down :arghgist:

Borked smilie here

tithin posted:

[timg]https://lpix.org/2809814/20170527110702_1.png[/img

Copper -> Bronze -> Silver, apparently.

A bracket was lost to time here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

quote:

----------------------- -----------
IS THERE A DOWNSIDE TO CRAFTING? [3.c]
----------------------- -----------
Crafting is a notoriously time consuming process.

Items, including craftable ingredients, must be made one at a time.

This becomes especially tedious in the case of crafting more advanced ingredients, such as a single bar of Wootz Steel which requres a total of 37 crafting processes.

A second downside is the possibility of failure. Each recipe, including those for ingredients, has a success rate which is based on your party's base stats.

Also worth noting is that crafted items' weight and RT are often increased. This is not necessarily a significant drawback, but it may be worth considering when planning or crafting equipment.

Level requirement also increases by 1 on upgraded weapons and armor {with a few exceptions), and by significantly more on upgraded jewelry.

what kind of monster creates something like this

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Obviously, take Xapan. I want to see what he contributes to the plot. We're already on the unseen side to the story. Might as well get the most out of it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

We get our first tier 2 missile spells :getin:

How does that work? Do you just have to use spells enough and reach a certain level?

I've had this issue of never wrapping my head around how this game plays in Helmet's LP thread too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Goddamn, when it Catiua going to actually join our drat army?

Also, can someone refresh my memory on the difference between bows and crossbows in this game? Do they just fire in a line instead of an arc?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Catiua's right. We're not a super leader.

Also, if it was such a bad idea now, you could've waited a bit before swapping Donalto to Ninja. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Also this would be the worst possible time to take over. People's faith in their leader is low, they're ready to quit/revolt no one's happy with this situation. This is the worst time to go for a promotion!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait, I'm confused. We voted to stick with the Duke but we're fighting him here. What happened?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

It's a bit misleading, but the choice wasn't whether or not to rebel against the Duke, it was about how willing Levi was to take over afterwards. He reluctantly backs Leonar either way.

I took the Chaos path on my own playthrough so I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. I knew that Vyce always did the opposite of what you did but I didn't realize his character changed so much.

Oh, thank you very much. I was genuinely lost on how we'd come to this despite throwing our lot in behind the guy.

And I feel awkward about Vyce on this run because he spent the whole leadup to that decision being an acerbic rear end in a top hat to everyone but as soon as the slaughter happens a cape just falls on his shoulders and he stands up like he's some noble hero of the people. It would've been nice if it took a bit of time to get there since going from an rear end to a super jackass is an easy change but the reverse is harder.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When we kill the Duke, who takes over? Leonar?

Evil Lancelot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

The guy who killed Levi's village?

He's not so bad. He's just trying to be a cool mercenary, he was very affable when we met him.

No, not Dark Knight Lanselot.

Evil Lanselot. A Lanselot with a goatee and an eyepatch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

I don't think it's that bad. "I just saw my best friend agree with my boss to commit ethnic cleansing against my own people that I am trying to help" is a reasonable catalyst for someone to stand up and turn heroic. It would have been nice if the game had done a better job acknowledging the sudden shift, though, instead of just pretending that Vyce was always like this. "You opened my eyes", etc etc., that sort of thing.

I'm not saying that it's ridiculous for him to go heroic in general, just that the swap between normal Vyce to heroic is a bit too quick. Two maps ago he was picking fights with his own allies and now we're supposed to believe he's loving Captain Walister. (Or Goylat or whatever the continent is called)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andyzero posted:

Technically, had Levi's group and the Duke been less dramatic, they could have technically engaged the Dark Knights when they attacked Heim. This will come up much, much later.

That also sounds like a terrible idea.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh thank god, a recap. I don't mind stories in games, but man, with games like this, I lose track of things really quick. And it doesn't help when I can't remember places either.

What I'm saying is thank you for this update. This is a really good LP, and you should feel proud, Bifauxnen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=efei6R5oKOQ

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

Best of my knowledge, route taken has gently caress all impact.

[b]Condition(s): Kill Kakrinoros.

I always love how the most important soldier on the enemy team is always decided by whoever sasses you before the fight begins.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

God, finally, Dragoons. Now Dragons can stop being such timesinks.

waah posted:

Edit: Quoting latest update on first post of new page.

Why

It's so inconvenient, anyone checking it out from there would have to expand every single picture.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No one LPs unscathed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

: His sword is wet with the blood of innocents, and his boots dark with the ashes of their village!

: It is true. I have no desire to deny what I have done.

: Nor do I deny that it was a terrible mistake, a weighty sin upon my soul!

: ll those who lent aid to Balbatos's blood war were ogres...ogres in men's flesh!

: You blame his eminence? it was you upon the field of battle! You who mistook friend or foe!

: You speak as though your own hands were not stained dark with the blood of innocents!

: Innocents? Do not brand me with your iron, traitor! I fought only the enemies of this kingdom...gnawing vermin like you, who place the blame for their own sins upon our lord!

This seems almost a lovers quarrel.

Are you absolutely sure this is supposed to be Jeunan? I feel like that should be Levi talking but I'm not sure. Also, I think that should say All.

tithin posted:

He whips Levi again.

Wrong uniqueman.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

akkristor posted:

Apollinaire is speaking TO Levi ABOUT Jenuan. Jenuan is the one whose "sword is wet with the blood of innocents, and his boots dark with the ashes of their village".

I honestly cannot remember any names of locations in this game so I'm constantly having trouble with the plot of this game. I thought he was talking about Jenuan making a mistake backing Levi and detailing reasons why he should be killing Levi instead of working with him. I thought he was talking about Levi's sins, not his.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I found a couple typos!

tithin posted:

Chapter 51 - EXPOSITION

An easy enough fight, though it's presented as easier than it is. We have natural lava chokepoints which against humanoids are fine, excepting that dragons are immune to level, so if you setup your squishies along the labva bank the enemy dragons will happily jump into the lava and take a chunk from them.

With our north flank mostly secure, we move our archers to taking out the flanking enemies at our south east.

Jeunan doesn't have quite enough TP to land a Dragon Slayer yet, so ge sticks the dragon with the pointy end of the stick to get some more TP.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I could barely follow that conversation because it was too smart for me but I think Ozma just wants the streets to run red with Dark Knight blood and she's done with trying to 'play nice' with her words as she cuts them to death with her sword/ axe/ knife/ whatever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

Don't make me kick out another update tonight I've done like six in a week

Please don't overwork yourself

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

With this game's aesthetic being what it is, I feel like guns being odd and no one really being able to prepare for them would be neat. Maybe guns just innately have a ton of status affect chances on them so a hit might disable someone's hands or stop them from moving or using an ability or just outright instant death on maybe a 5 or more level difference in your favor. I dunno how balanced that'd be but I'm not someone who'd play this game because I can't remember how spells work half the time and also that crafting system would drive me totally nuts.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm surprised at how few people had anything to say once we got here, after how chatty the Barbas fight was in comparison.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Use the strawpoll, you dorks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't really give her any poo poo for siding with him, since Lanselot cornered her when she was off by herself. It's not like she was going to fight off the entire Dark Knight command unit by herself.

Her taking a swing at Denam when he found her again was some crazy bullshit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Drakenel posted:

Basically this. There wasn't even a troop there surrounding her. She could have taken a jump and a swim to get away and Mr. Eyepatch in his heavy rear end armor would've been 'Well poo poo.'

Catuia is dumb, is basically the point.

Huh, I could've sworn it was Lanselot and a bunch of generic Dark Templars or whatever. Okay, fair enough. Vyce had his dumb showing at the beginning and now Catuia has hers now.