Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Holy poo poo how am I just now seeing another TO:LUCT LP? I religiously read H10W's crack at it and now I get to read 37 pages of goodness.

Still chugging along in my all titles run. I think I have five left? I stopped when FFV Four Job Fiesta started so I'll be back at it soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Powerful, horrible experiments with a high likelihood of going terribly wrong? Sounds like Kefka is our dude.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Well, I finally did it. The All-Titles Game is complete.

SPOILER

What do I do now...?

Now I can finally play the game!

(This is the post right before waah tells me there's actually 93 titles...)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

tithin posted:

You crazy motherfucker

:yeshaha:

waah posted:

I am jealous of you because I know the pain of doing all the heavenly generals.

The dumbest thing ever is making some of their drops, especially the 1H weapons, not unique. Like the game is inviting you to farm several generals multiple times. I just couldn’t do that. :smithicide:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

You too shall learn the pain of farming Orichalcum.

:smith::hf::smith:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Level 55 monster spawns... :smithicide:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

That's like the biggest case of :smithicide: I've ever heard.

Stay safe, Catiua ghost.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

F

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Patch where you can reset class levels to 1 in World Tarot. That’s number one for me, even over ridiculous crafting nonsense.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I think Nybeth figured he’d reach some world-destroying dark magic poo poo at the bottom of the Palace. But no, it’s just a lava pit and a useless altar. So he changes his tune to, “Yes, I welcome death! Mwahahaha!” It’s kind of a lame turn if you ask me.

Now run the PotD again to get all the drops you missed :getin:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The act of grinding a character up to turn into an effective melee Cursed Weapon would make them broken anyway. Then you have to sacrifice them to get the weapon, equip it on another character (who is likely also broken) just to be double-broken. It’s absurd, even for this game. I did my all titles run without ever using a Cursed Weapon. The caster weapons are fun though.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:perfect:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

I'll clarify it when we get our next update, but if you go back to one of the first CODA updates when you beat the game, it explains you can time travel in order to experience the additional timelines. It's why you can recruit and keep characters in your party in timelines you shouldn't be able to.

But the way the CODA is written with all of its flags, all of the characters required to be alive in the Law Route are the ones who get additional CODA dialogue.

It's why Cressida and characters like that say nothing.

It's the game explicitly telling you Law route is best route.

I still have a hard time with the Balmamusa choice in Ch.1 :smith:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

Who? I been trying to figure out which character you mean all morning.

Gilbald (Gilbert in original translation of OB:MotBQ)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

My body is ready

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

Deneb also appears in Ogre Battle 64, but no one is really sure which body is the uh... real Deneb as we've seen in game so far.

Deneb is everywhere. Deneb is eternal. Hail Deneb.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

mauman posted:

I've started playing this game again why do I do this

Working on getting Ozma fitted out with Ogre Gear, take on a few heavenly generals I never got around to (which means grinding and making tuning forks), maybe even finish an actual neutral playthrough (which I've ignored because neutral sucks). Since I'll have Ozma with the ogre shield and dagger rather than the sword, maybe I'll even use the ogre blade to make Canopus a proper buccaneer with fusils and/or double attack. I hate you all

Guess I've been bored as all hell to do that. I beg you end my pain

Finally got my Fire Crest too....which meant I had to find the 1 wind god weapon I still didn't have....woot. sob

Heh, ironically enough I just stopped my current playthrough last week. I was cleaning out some old poo poo at my desk and found the CD-ROM for Heroes of Might and Magic III. I figured it was a nice little diversion until FFV Four Job Fiesta gets underway. I'm sure I'll come back to TO soon though our pain must be constant and sharp

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Yes! CODA 4 owns so hard. Makes me wish we had more Matsuno (or at least a remake of this quality for MotBQ).

Now go get Ambicion :getin:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

More like SRPGs on portable systems that can be stopped at a moments notice and picked back up after whatever crisis are the best games for parents.

ding ding ding

There are about 500 PC or console games I’d like to play but more often than not I only have time for a TO battle or two on my Vita. It’s still more satisfying than iPhone games :v:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

Significant progress on an update was made today. I'd be looking forward to a Christmas miracle.

More of a miracle than snow in Golyat!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

Chapter 1 Ending Chaos

Vs

Chapter 1 Ending Law

Minor complaint but I think you have these flipped. The "follow in this madness?" line is Law route when you agree with Leonar's plan for Balmamusa, and "they're as good as dead" is Chaos when you refuse.

Excellent breakdown of the motivations and character growth here in the CODA. Makes me glad I'm playing through the game again (and about to go through PotD for the first time on this save :smithicide:)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

If you want to defend him on technicalities that definitely weren't intended, Vyce basically picks the path you don't. It's probably how the mistake got made in the first place.

Yeah definitely understandable. The thing that stands out to me most is the portraits. I remember reading H10W's LP and they made a point to say how hosed up Chaos Vyce's face looked. :v:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

Wait, so we just beat the post game and there's still a post post game?

:getin:

Fantastic update, waah. I love this game so much, and so do you, and it’s a beautiful thing.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

The heavenly generals are a haul. I'm not sure how I'm tackling this.

Just my opinion but I think you can be as brief as possible. They’re not terribly interesting or plot important AFAIK, just a dumb mechanic to get some endgame weapons and titles. Maybe show off one and say it’s indicative of the other 11. You can even tie that in with San Bronsa.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

I was never supposed to actually do any LPs, but when I put on the mask... well

*extremely Bane voice* Let us cling... together!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

Before I start a brand new save file, please god stop me guys

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

Barring an emergency, new update tomorrow. I just gotta finish the terrible photoshops.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

First thing is, that random Witch with Divine Magic is wild. I had no idea! That's like the deepest cut of any skills scavenging aficionado.

Second,

this actually makes me want to use Iuria as a Songstress! :rock: :black101: :rock: :black101: :rock:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Philaha/Filaha/Filarrh is not the god of light.

He's the god of the Sun, and presumed creator god. This temple is probably the temple of Ishtar, goddess of light.

The difference between Lodis and everyone else is that Lodis thinks Philaha is the only god.

Man I love OB lore. Why can’t we have more games?! :smith:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

Last minute refresh to stop from falling into archives. We got an update coming within the next week.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

No for real this time. 48 hours or less. I'm encoding gifs. This hard drive will not be corrupted. My kids let me type on the computer now without "helping".

And of course, stand by for the obligatory Knight of Lodis tie ins.

:doit:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

San Bronsa rules. You have the Palace of the Dead, with Nybeth and various lesser bosses running around looking for dark magicks and such, and now you have the divine zealot version. I also like that the Warren Report calls out Vepahl for seeking the Apocrypha, which, you know, ended badly for the last non-Don Quixote person to try that.

Also the maps are very cool to look at and also very challenging, especially if you're trying to get all the rare drops... :smithicide:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

I could be hallucinating though

TO postgame has that effect on people :doit:

E: OOH PAGE SNIPE

waah posted:

Edit: Also I have one request for the rest of the thread.

Whoever page snipes from here on out can you throw this image in your post. It's all I ask.

If you don't know how to embed images on the forums we can help ya out.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

I. Am. So. Excited.

:same:

I haven't played TO in almost a year now. Maybe it's time for a fresh save...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Ace Transmuter posted:

Does any version of March of the Black Queen have a One Vision-esque romhack that makes it playable without spending 90% of my time and mental energy managing ALI & CHA for class upgrade purposes?

What, you don't like spending hours and hours grinding neutral encounters against ghosts and Level 1 Pumpkinheads for the right ALI/CHR? :v:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

a quick trip back to the Palace of the Dead

There is never anything quick about the PotD.

Anyway, glad for another update!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Solumin posted:

Congrats on the new job!!

:yeah:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Finally caught up with the thread... waah you are amazing. Thanks for sticking with it. I haven't played this game in a long time but I still love it all the same. That dialogue is so good! I wish there was more OB-universe content out there...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

I started working on this final battle of the LP and spoiler -

So it turns out this fight is a lot harder than I remember, even with OP characters. I didn't' take it seriously enough, so I will need to find time to tackle it properly without distractions. That didn't stop me from deciding to go ahead and writing the final actual update to the thread.

So we're spitting distance. I'm wrapping this thing up in the next 2 or 3 weeks, so get ready.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the ride my goons and goonettes.

:worship:

Keep it up waah, you crazy bastard.

I can't re-read this thread for fear of starting yet another save from scratch. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bring all of the games back on PC!