Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RareAcumen posted:

Which.

Also, what happened to Snippette?

Fixed.

I don't have the game open at present, but she's not that far progressed, she has Bows, Trajectory and Tremendous Shot at present.

She'll be built along the same lines as Canopus but with less wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

theshim posted:

do the words "death march" have any meaning to you

Ah, yes.

Painful memories.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Might be a few days before the next update as I'm suffering from a pretty nasty cold right now

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 8 - Golborza Plains

"A great grassland spreading across central Almorica."

Defeating Nybeth's forces has given us the :metal: title "Corpse Dancer"

Our next story point is at Phidoch castle where we've to meet with the Dark Knights Loslorien to fledge a Non Aggression Pact between them and our fledgling Walister rebellion.

There's a few battles between here and there.

Lineup unchanged from the Nybeth battle, barring the addition of Leonar.

: I'd sooner fall into my grave! Are you a son of a Galgastan or no!

: Talk brave as you like, it won't change our odds. We should rejoin the file.

Getting very soviet up in here

: Almorica falls, and you think the sky falls with it. There's no place here for cowards.

: Bring 'em on, I say! For Galgastan!

Berserkers aint afraid of nothin'

I have a new rule! I'm not describing movements or actions that have zero contribution to the battle, if I don't mention someone for a while, just assume they're moving towards a front.

Enemy Composition

Lv. 3 Archer
Lv. 3 Archer
Lv. 4 Berserker
Lv. 3 Cleric
Lv. 4 Enchantress
Lv. 3 Rune
Lv. 3 Valkyrie
Lv. 4 Warrior
Lv. 4 Wizard
Lv. 4 Wizard

Canopus and Snipette open up by immediately getting a shot to the small scout force of Archer / Valkyrie / Wizard to our immediate northwest, Canopus take aim and strike at Cicely the Valkyrie.

Their Wizard moves into melee range of Cicely to patch her up with a Mend Leaf.

Snipette takes advantage and shoots the Wizard.

Cicely crosses the river and heals herself with a Mend Leaf.

Leonar strikes her for ~50 damage. You can see the difference in quality between Leonar and Lanselot. Leonar is a good unit for this part of the game. Lanselot is an end game beast.

Levi gets a turn, and uses it to try to convince the enemy to surrender

: Your cause is hopeless. Why throw your lives away?

: Soon or late, all men meet their end. What good to live in fear of it?

: I know your kind - young, always thinking on tomorrow. You might try letting go. Drifting with the current.

: You think me unprepared for death? I'm not so young as that!

Levi moves northwest towards the scout force.

Snipette get's an instill air to boost her damage.

Northwest archer hits Leonar for all the good it does him.

Kurtz the wizard stuns him.

Cicely snakes around our back lines to strike Catiua.

Levi blocks the path to her and knocks her down to critical health.

Snipette chunks Kurtz down to critical health.

Leonar finishes off Cicely.

Canopus finishes off Kurtz.

Lenneth instills air on Canopus

North and Northeast regiment move down towards us.

Vyce takes opening fire from them. I also wont willingly drop a heal on him.

Gerhardt tries to strike Voltare, but he's strong like Traktor and shrugs it off.

Nerraw takes a hit from the archer to the Northeast. Levi crosses the ford to come at him.

Vyce cops an Iceblast (Ice Tier 1 Missile spell) to the face.

Canopus smacks Erasmus for shooting Nerraw (the second 11 is the effect of the Instill Air)

Meanwhile, Voltare teaches Gerhardt how to hit.

Snipette finishes off Erasmus.

Nerraw gets topped off by Leonar.

Nerraw softens up Gerhardt some more

Meanwhile the northern force arrives, with the Enchantress hitting Voltare with a Deadshot, the healer healing up Gerhardt

Catiua thinks I'm being slack and heals Vyce.

Lenneth and Martin take a shot each from tthe Northeastern archers, with Martine's being a not particularly heavy crit.

Vyce and Martin finish off Gerhardt between them. She drops a moon card which I give to Martine off camera.

Snipette's instill air wears off, so she unleashes a Tremendous shot and knocks Carmen down to gently caress all HP.

Leonar continues to remind me that I am not treating Vyce fairly, and he also heals him to full.

Martine gets another Instill Air. While Carmen the enchantress gets Mend Leaf 2'd, healing from 19 to 94. Yikes, looks like their Cleric had Field Alchemy 2. Each rank of Mend Leaf adds an extra 25 healing, I think it tops out at Mend Leaf 3?

She then hits Vyce which makes me like her even more. Catiua heals him, but it's not as much as the damage he took.

Arthur the Wizard also takes a shot at Vyce hitting him in turn with an ice blast.

One of the enemy archers gets into melee range of Nerraw to hit him - it doesn't work out. The archer shooting from behind does though.

Canopus changes to the Cleric as his primary target given she has Field Alch 2

Vyce moves further out of range of our healers in order to shank Roger, the archer down to 29 health.

HEALBOT finally sees some action and....

heals Nerraw.

Martine finishes off Nerraw

Brezen joins the battle and kicks Vyces poo poo in.

Starting to mop up the map now. The enemy has very little in the way of offensive firepower left.

Lenneth hits up the Melee archer.

You can seee that the archer is within Nerraw's dead zone right? he can't cast a spell at an enemy so close. He can however, cast a spell at the enemy outside the dead zone.

And that's what I mean when I say Missile spell. These spells honour line of sight. If there's a target in the way, it will strike the target in its path, much like crossbow bolts vs arrows. Arrows can arc, crossbow bolts can't.

She takes an 80% shot and whiffs it, Nerraw might be the tankiest blockiest wizard I've ever had.

Lenneth takes an Ice blast.

Nerraw takes an arrow from Roger.

Martine finishes off Petronilla the melee archer who drops another Moon card. This also goes to Martine off screen.

HEALBOT tops off Voltare from Enchantress damage.

Canopus finishing moves the enchantress.

Brezen goes for the easier target and strikes at Voltare.

Voltare murders Roger.

Snipette murders Arthur, leaving Brezen on his own.

We wear him down, but there's only one result that's certain.

Brezen knocks back Leonar from Leonars attack - he'll have the knockback 1 skill then.

He moves into Nerraw's range and lands a solid hit, but not solid enough.

Nerraw follows up by repeating the same dead zone trick as last time.

No level ups sadly, but then we are overlevelled for this fight thanks to Nybeth.

For reference, had Vyce lived, and the fight gone on long enough the following conversation could have happened:

: Stubborn wretch. What's it take to kill you?

: Quite a tongue on you, boy. Small wonder your kind find themselves reviled at every turn.

: Us reviled!? Look who's casting stones!

: Calm, Vyce. We do not fight to prove which side is least loved. We fight to restore peace!

: I spit on your peace! Almorica knew peace until you plunged it back into war!

tithin fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 14, 2017

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RareAcumen posted:

You've got the same picture here twice.

Ta

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 9 - The Arkhaiopolis of Rhime Decision

"This ancient city, site of the first battle between Galgastani and Wallister, has stood for centuries."

Small update today - we're going to cover off some of the new entries in the Warren report, and make a decision.

But first, the local rags are reporting that we took the town of Krysaro (ok, so this one came in a few updates ago, but this stuff stays forever and a day)

Hierophant Balbatos of the Galgastani decides he doesn't like protestors and puts them to the sword.

While we were liberating the castle, a procession was attacked by another freedom fighter group. It's taken them about two weeks (give or take) to find out who was behind it, a group known as the "Liberation front"

"We now await further developments."

Nybeth is officially declared MIA by Galgastan, presumed captured by us? Interesting that he didn't return to his masters, interesting that he's a high ranking member of the Galgastan leadership.

"There is grave fear for his safety."

Anyway, that's enough of the equivalent of the Daily Mail for today - we continue on our way towards the Dark Knights, the next step is The Arkhaiopolis of Rhime.

: Defiant cur! Kill her.

The nameless Warrior moves away from a Dragon who attacks her rear, and jumps over the water.

For once we're not the focal point of the map on entrance, it looks like there's a fight already happening. Or an assassination, depending on your point of view.

We don't know who this woman is, or why this group is attempting to kill her, so we have two choices.

This choice will have both immediate mission critical consequences, as well as long term recruitment consequences.

Choose carefully, neither option is a "bad" choice.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Don't think I don't see that unique portrait for the female rebel. If this goes like any other RPG, she'll end up as one spoke on a lovely love triangle that'll act as a malignant tumor on the overall plot if she lives, and I want to avoid that wherever possible. Option 2.

To provide you some comfort, there is no romance in this game.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

6 For
3 Against

I'll give it 24 hours and then do the follow up.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The die is cast.

Update this evening, I hope.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin posted:

In part 16 17 of what I suspect will be a neverending saga, my steam controller is out of charge, so I won't be working on the LP tonight as planned.

Turns out these fuckers don't hold a charge very well, jesus

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

gently caress y'all, Episode 01

I failed.

The previous choice functionally changes the mission paramaters to

1/ Cistina must survive & Kill Boss ELSE game over.

or

2/ Kill Boss.

There is no survival condition for Cistina in the second choice, she can die with absolutely no cause for game over.

Protection missions do not gently caress around in this game, and you need to be a combination of A) Lucky and B) skilled.

I was not lucky, and am not particularly skilled at the game, despite playing it a bunch of times.

Our mystery character is a level 3 Valkyrie, in a world of 4's and 5's.

She makes the same move at the start every time and moves to the valkyrie closest to her for a spear strike which conveniently places her further out of our reach.

Bad Dragon moves forward to our frontlines.

Let's briefly talk about Dragons will we?

They're big, they're tough, and they're built like brick shithouses. They also tend to hit like them too once they've got TP built up.

Dragons can't use magic, but they can use finishing moves and special abilities like few outside the really broken classes can.

Low level dragons can invest in Tail Whip which for (50?) tp can hit a target two squares away for a fucktillion damage. They also get Breath attacks later in the game, and self buff / enemy debuff in a ring around them at higher levels.

Oh, and they also can invest in the same Auras that knights can.

They also take bugger all damage from arrows - that hit on Hadrian for 28 damage? 7 on the Dragon.

Here's Snipette's damage between the two targets - not a huge difference between her and Canopus.

Sure, there's going to be a bit of minor difference between Snipette and Canopus overall (given the difference in their respective stats), but it's not worth that much of a damage difference when you're hitting a dragon. It matters more when you're hitting softer targets.

From memory, Canopus was only doing 8 damage to a creature with 200+ health at level 4

Dragons, and all beasts for that matter do have a heavy counter that we'll encounter later, but any mission with beasts can drag because they're just that god drat tanky, and can with enough punishment taken, deal just as much. They do take "regular" damage from finishing moves and from melee attacks, but they're explicitly gently caress your archer units in my experience.

Rank and file means very little to them, especially with mage support late in the game.

Moving on.

Estrild attacks Cistina and we get fortunate with a block.

This is where things fall off the rails, with Cistina eating a nasty crit as her first big damage taking, losing a chunky 1/3 of her overall health, and we are in the opening 5..? moves of the fight.

Minor healing from Laurence the Beastmaster.

Beastmasters are another class who are a pain in the dick. On their own, they're nothing special. Unremarkable warriors who are just tanky enough to take a few hits and deal a bit of damage.

God loving help you if there's a beast in range and they've got 50TP, because they're going to empower that beast to multiply their damage by an absurd amount.

Beastmasters are an extremely low priority target unless they have beasts close by - they are fortunately squishy enough that focus fire will kill them however.

More misfortune, Leonar gets crit knocked back from Cistina.

Laurence the Beastmaster knocks a Snipette arrow.

Half health

Nerraw's blocked in and can't do poo poo.

Lenneth moves up and hits Hadrian for a small amount - mainly aiming to get close enough to drop a heal.

1/4 health.

Vyce and Leonar help whittle down Hadrian some.

Further misfortune. Rather than healing herself, Cistina attacks Estrild. She at least moves closer to us.

Martine finishes Hadrian.

Voltare moves up to try to land a heal but is unfortunately, too far away by about 4 tiles.

Giselle the Archer takes a shot at Vyce in a stroke of luck that makes me hope I can salvage this.

Canopus tries to pick off Wynter the Wizard - does a good job too, but not enough.

Estrild, clearly smarter than Cistina.

Laurence takes a crack at Voltare then steals Hadrians gear.

Because he's an rear end in a top hat.

Dragons are also ok resistant against magic damage, they take about half what others do. Not enough to completely neuter wizards, like they do to archers.

They at least have lower accuracy than humanoids do.

At least, on paper, because this rear end in a top hat sure is bucking the system. Two attacks with mid 60% to hit, and two crits.

Anyway, Vyce gets a topup from Catiua.

Wynter drops a flame bolt on Cistina who is now down at 5 health.

And Kurtz the archer seals Cistinas fate.

What could I have done better?

Very little.

The enemy got lucky with a series of crits. The companion AI is god loving awful and chose to whittle down a target rather than heal itself up.

The fight's winnable, but I just got unlucky. I'll take another crack at it in the immediate future.

For reference, if I have a suitably entertaining failure run, I'll probably post that too!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

waah posted:

Naked Canopus with a lobber and healing itema.

That is what you need for most of the suicidal AI missions.

Of course if you are going for a no incap title run then you just lost a little more of your sanity.

:greenangel:

Do I look crazy?

(I'm doing that on my own personal save file wot inspired me to do this)

The Naked Canopus strategy has merit, but it wouldn't have worked in this instance, he only got two turns which would have been insufficient to lob an item on Cistina, even had I changed him to Levi's starting place.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 9 - Wherein I don't get hosed by crits

Reloading my save state at the choice, the opening moves are exactly the same. I will therefore be mostly speeding through the opening movements.

See my commentary re dragons - Canopus does One damage to them. This will change in the future.

The initial crit on Cistina is a regular hit this time around.

Lynkos the Dragons first crit that pushed Leonar away last time is blocked completely this time.

Kurtz continues to fill Cistina's quiver full of arrows.

Nerraw chunks Hadrian.

Wynter fireballs Cistina knocking her down to <50% health.

Vyce, Canopus and Leonar combo kill Hadrian.

With nothing else to do, Snipette whittles down Lynkos.

Cistina continues not healing herself.

The red marking is Rampart Aura. We can't move past it, unless we're standing in it. If someone's already in it, our path past is completely blocked.

Martine moves up and begins the arduous task of whittling down Lynkos.

Laurence also takes the time to attack Leonar for a bit of damage.

Giselle the Archer continues filling Cistina full of arrows.

Given our archers are functionally useless this fight, Martine gets our Instill Air for added oomph on Lynkos.

Estrild continues to be smarter than Cistina, and also drops off the side of the cliff so Cistina can't hit her. This later proves to be a big mistake.

Lynkos lands a solid blow on Martine which is immediately undone by Catiua.

The game changing moment - rather than finishing off Cistina (i don't think he could have solo, but he and the archer being a 1-2 combo would definitely have done it) Wynter instead decides to drop a Misery on my entire melee group.

Not a single one lands.

Cistina at 10 health total :ohdear: she's still out of range for healing, so Leonar can't get to her and attacks Laurence instead, Nerraw also gets in with a Flamestorm (I think I covered this one already? It's a Tier 1 - indirect fire spell with a shorter range than the missile ones, but that ignore LOS) on Lynkos.

Cistina scoots over to the main island and continues ignoring her own self care in favour of utterly crushing Wynter. This puts him in range of being killed by Canopus.

Laurence is a juicier target for Snipette than Lynkos.

Blast! Levi's moved as far up as he can and she's one tile out of reach! He gets stuck into Laurence also as a consolation prize.

:siren: the heals are landing :siren:

Timely as ever, Voltare.

Estrild's kind of in trouble. She lacks the jump capacity to get back up to where she came from to rejoin the fracas. She instead heals herself and follows the river downstream. Near Leonar.

:woot:

Leonar punishes Estrild's mistake.

Getting into position puts Canopus in Melee range of Laurence. I also don't care about this for two reasons.

1/ Laurence is a Beastmaster, so can gently caress off. He doesn't do much damage.

2/ Canopus is blocking Laurence from getting around to my squishies.

Canopus's position there is blocking a steep drop that anyone could jump without taking damage. It also conveniently bypasses the melee fracas and would make for a very healthy banquet for any melee class in among the casters.

Giselle, having the highground, has her pick of our caster targets - this is not an ideal position and it's something we'll want to take care of.

Martine keeps working on Lynkos and is doing a good job of it.

gently caress.

gently caress

(see dragons: brick shithouses, hit like trucks).

HEALBOT drops a Blessing Stone on Nerraw to bring him back up.

Bolis enters the Fracas himself and begins patching up Laurence.

Kurtz resumes peppering Cistina which lets her...

loving demolish Estrild.

Ruination is the first finishing move for spears. It hits extraordinarily hard.

With no immediate pressing concerns, I begin triaging people with my knights, triage, stabilise, kill is my current thought process.

Snipette undoes Bolis's own triage work by chunking Laurence with a Tremendous shot.

Giselle strikes down Nerraw again.

Lynkos takes a hit from Levi.

Lenneth takes a nasty hit from Laurence while Martine brings Nerraw back to life.

Lenneth takes another chunky hit from Lynkos, who had a 54% chance to land a hit.

Catiua and HEALBOT both drop heals on Nerraw bringing him close to full.

Canopus and Cistina finish off Laurence two turns before Bolis can top him off.

Bolis retaliates by knocking Lenneth into critical.

Cistina continues taking arrows - she seems to consistantly sit at about 1/3 of her health.

Voltare and Lenneth get some heals onto Lenneth, Lynkos attempts to undo, but actually seems to get unlucky on his chance to hit for once.

That could have gone worse.

More Lenneth and Cistina Triage.

While Nerraw begins softening up Bolis, Cistina starts working on the Archers who've made our lives misery for the entire map, t'aint much now, but it's a start.

Someone (???) picks up Laurence's gear which comes with two free entry to the Beastmaster party.

No thank you.

BEEP BOOP GO gently caress YOURSELF

All the whittling we've been doing on Lynkos has made him a heal priority for Bolis who can heal almost as quickly as we can damage the Dragon. Quicker.

Aw gently caress.

I dislike Tail Lash. At least it wasn't a one shot.

Lenneth crits Kurtz and sends him sprawling. Giselle shoots her in retaliation.

Martine undoes Bolis's heal with the help of mighty impact.

Levi heals up Lenneth while Catiua does the same to Snipette, returning her to about 2/3 health.

Kurtz dies and our job gets a lot easier as a result.

Nerraw hits Bolis with a fireball. Was sort of hoping to get him to focus heals on himself, but it doesn't work out that way.

Cistina gets into Giselle's face and promptly begins making her regret ever being born.

Still trying to whittle down Lynkos, but it's slow thanks to Bolis.

Lynkos rear ends Lenneth while Bolis continues to heal him.

Lenneth's out of move points, so opts to do some damage to Giselle via Deadshot.

Giselle takes umbrage to this and knocks Lenneth back to critical HP.

HEALBOT saves Lenneth - at this stage I only need to drop one heal on an affected character to keep them safe. The enemy lacks the economy of action to gangbang a character to death now.

Martine continues doing what she does best. Punching dragons in the face. Meanwhile Snipette continues to lower Bolis health to make himself a better healing target than Lynkos.

Nerraw finally gets a clear shot at Lynkos.

Canopus blows his finishing move on Lynkos for a massive 35 damage :effort:

Giselle continues to be punished while Leonar heals Lenneth to "not going to be killed anymore" territory.

Martine gets tail whipped and Lynkos loving hops across the River to safety limiting my damage options.

Bolis ignores his low health to heal Lynkos again.

Levi hits Bolis with a hammer, while Giselle seems to be of the opinion that if she's going to die, she's going to take someone with her.

But it's not enough.

HEALBOT undoes Giselle's damage.

Snipette knocks Bolis to 13 health.

Martine damages Lynkos - we might be able to do it!

Ah gently caress, Giselle carded.

Ah Martine blocks a Lynkos attack, but Lynkos decides to turn into an utter bastard and positions himself in such a way that no one can reach him.

Bolis also heals himself.

Anyway, I'm done, the card can burn, and Lynkos can gently caress off.

Bolis gets focus fired and dies.

-----

No poo poo, because you're as thick as two planks of wood slapped together.

: I was scouting the Galgastani in preparation for a raid on their stores when they spotted me.

: She is a Bakram Traditionalist, a group loyal to the late King Dorgalua.

: I've heard of them. Not all Bakram support the current regime, after all.

: Oh their goals are lofty enough, but their deeds border on butchery.

: They risk the lives of soldier and innocent alike with their subversion. Means unworthy of their end.

: You have us wrong! These are lies spread by Brantyn! We seek only a return to better times, when a man's race and beliefs could not discredit him.

: Better times? Don't make me laugh! Good enough for those with luck to be born Bakram, but we lied then as we do now - insects beneath the boots of our betters!

This choice has little impact other than to give you a different title.

Option 1 gives the "Freedom Fighter" title.
Option 2 gives the "Peace Seeker" title.

I opt for the second in this case.

: Us, fight alongside Bakram? Absurd. The peace we fight for is one in which the Walister can live as men.

: Enough vyce. Such talk leads us nowhere. You are free to go Cistina. But you must quit this place at once.

: This is our land. Our fight. The Bakram are not welcome here.

Now there's a look loving loaded with promise.

tithin fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 21, 2017

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Sure, not sure what resolution would work for folks though?

I'm dealing with some family issues at the minute so updates are slower than I wanted

Should be something out maybe Tuesday Wednesday

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 010 - Story

Finally we're at Phidoch castle.

: I shall announce your arrival.

: See her soaring white walls? No wonder they name her "The Swan."

: But beneath her outward beauty is a nearly impregnable fortress.

: Be glad we are not tasked to take her.

: I do, my lord.

For today, the role of Balxephon will be played by WIZARD

: No doubt you've had a hard journey. Come. Rest within our halls.

: Have you an answer?

: Perhaps you had best ask my lord directly for that.

: Sir Lanselot is here, in this castle!?

: Greetings, brave Knights of Walister. I am Lanselot Tartaros.

: Leonar Reci Rimon of Almorica, if it please you. You have considered our proposal?

: Ha! You waste no time, do you? I like that. I do have an answer for your duke. Tell his grace that his struggle with the Galgastani is of no concern to his eminence Abuna Brantyn. Nor is it any concern of ours.

: The Knights Loslorien remain and shall remain neutral on the matter.

: My thanks, sir, for your swift response. Our lord will be much pleased.

: Indeed. Yet I must ask: Do you really believe you can defeat Galgastan without our aid?

: All we want - all we have ever wanted - is to fashion a peace with them. The Galgastani are a proud people. Were it to come to light that we sought the aid of a foreign power...I am afraid it would endanger the position of those in the Galgastani ranks who seek an accord as we do.

: No matter. We of Lodis place much upon a man's honor.

: I can understand why your duke would disdain the Bakram way - enjoying a life of leisure while others do their dirty work.

: Forgive me, but your henchmen are so youthful I feared you wanted for seasoned men.

: Though they may be young in years, my Knights' skill in battle is no lesser for it.

: Indeed.

: They freed his excellency and routed the Galgastani at Almorica. Moreover, it was they who came to my aid in Krysaro.

: Ah, so these are the heroes of Golyat, then? Forgive an old knight his errant tongue.

: That is...what? Speak plainly.

: That night in Golyat, it snowed for the first time in years. I remember the sweep of flakes over the harbor, the bitter cold.

From what I can tell, another flavour choice, this time without the distinction of giving a title.

: False word, yes. I remember it well. As do you, clearly. We were in error, though I hardly expect forgiveness on that count.

: Still, I can but apologize, for all it will do.

: E-enough of this. The Duke awaits our return.

: Oh? I had hoped to speak at greater length.

: Forgive them - forgive us, good Sir. We'll be taking our leave.

Leonar seems to be in a hurry to leave all of a sudden. Difficult to manipulate naive youngsters when their sworn enemies are bowing to them in apology.

: You recall Hobyrim?

: Hrnn? My brother? Aye, he was a staunch ally in a fight. Why?

: Nothing. Only, the brother and sister just now put me in mind of him and you.

The Gang Return to Almorica Castle

: Would that time afforded you more rest - but I must ask you to leave for Balmamusa at once.

: Balmamusa? That lies in the territory the Galgastani allotted for Walister rule, no?

: Walister rule.... Hmph. Camps where our people are forced to live in squalor. It was a mining town, once. Coal. Now our kinsmen are herded there like cattle. Some five thousand labor in Balmamusa, slaves in all but name. The conditions are horrific beyond words. Scores die by the day.

: In truth, we cannot stay our course and hope for victory. We are far outmatched. However slight, we must tip the scales in our favor before Galgastan strikes. If all goes well, our bid will widen the rift between Balbatos and his enemies at home. He can scarce dispatch troops here before silencing the cries of dissent within his own ranks. We cannot let such chance escape us!

: They grow weary of fighting, else they would rally more readily. I can think of none better to wake their slumbering heroism than young heroes such as yourselves.

: :siren: I shall follow at the head of a separate file bearing arms for them. :siren:

: Much rests on your young shoulders. I pray for your swift return.

: No need to worry. Our plans proceed apace.

Meanwhile, Ravness looks very confused

We lose Leonar as a party member and gain Ravness.

She's very very defensively built, with points in counter, fortify, dodge and rampart aura.

Oh for the love of gently caress

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 011 - Not a filler episode

We're on our way to Balmamusa, via Lake Bordu.

But first, INTERMISSION!

: Sir Gildas told me I'd find you here.

: So you have. Please, come closer.

: You look troubled. This business in Balmamusa disturbs you?

: Sir Leonar says it will be a dangerous undertaking.

: Are you frightened? That's not like you.

: I am not frightened.

: There's no shame in admitting fear. We are all afraid at one time or another.

: But fear alone cannot kill you - it has no teeth.

: It's strange. I tell myself I would gladly die for our cause. But when faced with death, the fear is all too real.

: Risking your life is one thing. Losing it is another. The best way to aid your people is to stay alive. See the battle through to the end.

: And there's your sister to think of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDhUicWXfvk

: What's that?

: ...Your wife?

: It's been four...five years now. Before the war with the Empire.

: They had already begun their advance, and we fled - vagrants in our own land.

: My wife fell ill, and before I knew it...she was gone.

: I considered following her into death.

: My thoughts often strayed down that path before battle.

: But her music box still sang of live, and I knew it was not my time.

: My burden had not yet reached its end.

: I'm sorry.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 0011-01 - Lake Bordu

Several rivers feed into this marsh-bound lake in the west of Coritanae.

We have a larger roster this battle, consisting of 9 regulars and 3 guests.

Enemy Roster:

Lv. 4 Archer [HP: 115]
Lv. 4 Archer [HP: 116]
Lv. 4 Archer [HP: 112]
Lv. 4 Archer [HP: 110]
Lv. 5 Berserker [HP: 146]
Lv. 5 Berserker [HP: 130]
Lv. 5 Enchantress [HP: 120]
Lv. 5 Knight** [HP: 193] Boss
Lv. 5 Warrior [HP: 138]
Lv. 5 Warrior [HP: 129]
Lv. 5 Wizard [HP: 113]

This fight is set in a Marsh, which gives us a good number of tactical blocking options, between small rivers, trees and bushes.

Anything in Blue, can be stood in but at the downside of being easier to hit, and harder to land hits from.

As a result, enemies won't stand in it unless they have no other choices, and this can be exploited (I will be doing so later in the battle).

The opening moves for both sides are unremarkable, with Ravness being the lucky first to land a Spiritsurge on an enemy.

Spiritsurges are Tier 1 Divine missile spells, much like Vulcan Lance et all. Clerics and Knights don't get access to those spells, and as a result you won't be seeing me using it much voluntarily.

Emanuel the Warrior takes a kicking from most of our ranged attackers.

Vyce decides, why give up doing what you're good at? and becomes a pincushion again.

Frances the Enchantress undoes our good work on Emanuel :arghfist:

Lenneth buffs Canopus, who hits Frances in retaliation for undoing our good work.

HEALBOT appears to have been giving Vyce lessons off camera, and I decide I could probably stand to have Vyce around to take some hits for me for a while longer, so Levi tops him off a bit.

Martine takes a chunky hit on a 45% chance to be hit, while Snipette dodges like a champion.

Ravness can't quite get into melee range of their range contingent so decides to soften up Robert the Archer with another spiritsurge.

Catiua tops off Martine

:69snypa:

Vyce does a good job of tanking and dodging enemy blows.

Martine takes another small hit from an enemy archer.

Canopus meanwhile takes a solid blow from CAIN THE WIZARD (the allcaps is canonical)

Frances reaches across the map and slaps Vyce hard. Vyce, unfortunately, can't reach her because he can't jump over the river, and he won't stand in it, so instead of going for their squishies, he wades back into the melee.

Lenneth spears Leofwen, unfortunately Leowen lands her counterattack AND the 25% knockback passive, giving Leowen access to our back lines.

Snipette has a few options for hitting here, but eventually settles on Gyles the Barbarian. Probably suboptimal given we have Leofwen down there and she's all by herself :shrug:

Sara takes a nasty crit from an enemy archer, meanwhile Frances the Enchantress gets mend leaf +2'd from the enemyboss

:arghfist:

Martine Mighty blows Leofwen back for a good chunk of her health.

Sara cops a heal from someone.

CAIN THE WIZARD gets shot in the face by Canopus for about half his health, after Instill.

Levi, meanwhile is focussed on prolonging Vyces suffering for as long as is possible. Vyce declines to be hit though, and stays in the fight for another turn.

Lenneth and Sara both take nasty hits. Not enough to send them to danger territory as they're being done in isolation and the enemy can't bring their units to focus on any one particular unit, or else I'd be in trouble.

Gyles takes a swing at Ravness, but fails.

Enemies are in Yellow, allies in Blue, just to give you an idea of our current health levels.

HEALBOT tops up Lenneth.

Ravness lands a glancing blow on Mathild the warrior, just enough to whittle her down a bit.

As does Martine, however I'm not worried in that respect.

Nerraw takes his first offensive action of the fight and drops a Vulcan Lance into Leofwen.

Well, poo poo.

Snipette almost finishes off CAIN THE WIZARD but not quite, he lives with 5hp.

Lenneth dances around Leofwen to land another glancing blow, and Leofwen, again, lands another counter knockbock combo.

CAIN THE WIZARD falls. RIP.

Snipette hits Leofwen with a Tremendous shot putting her into <10% hp.

Levi takes a small hit.

Voltare tops up Sara, meanwhile Levi gets dramatic and buffs Martine, who in turn topples Leofwen at last.

Martine then moves up to block access to the other enemy Melee, and takes a solid blow for her troubles, knocking her down to half health.

Levi takes a glancing blow and blocks one in turn.

HEALBOT brings Martine back up.

Ravness selects our next target and whittles Emanuel down a bit more with Spiritsurge, to 54/137.

Catiua heals Levi back to full.

Furio fires at HEALBOT, who shows off why she's the queen of the block.

Frances is now in easy range of Canopus who's flanked around the bottom of the map to get in range of all of the archers and you may be worried by this, however, this is Canopus - not Vyce.

Shireen the Archer hits Lenneth who is in the water thanks to Leofwen's earlier counter / knockback combo.

Frances does the smart thing and heals herself with a Mend Leaf +1 bringing her back to 109/110.

We start whittling down Furio.

Lenneth moves up to buff Canopus who's in prime murder position.

Enemy Boss Grion heals up Emanuel a bit.

Our Melee are now so well positioned that the enemy melee cannot flank us to get to our squishies.

See Martine, she blocks the lower path. See Lenneth, she blocks the river preventing them from jumping across. Levi and Voltare with their auras prevent the other melee from dancing around them.

Levi hits Mathild down a little.

Check out the chance to hit. Robert has a 25% chance to hit me for 27 damage. Canopus has a 75% chance to counterattack for 11 damage. This is why you want Canopus up close in range of enemy archers - he's got a naturally high chance to dodge, and to counter.

:saddowns:

Snipette brings Mathild down further - almost at a point we can kill her now.

Martine blocks Emanuels offense. Emanuel then moves one tile to the South East.

Mathild lands a glancing blow on Levi.

I wasn't lying when I said Knights were hard as nails.

Martine hulks out and kills Furio.

Ravness skewers Gyles and Emanuel on her shish-kebab.

Gyles is trapped thanks to our good placement with only Levi as a valid target - he actually lands his 25% chance to hit which is surprising.

Nerraw lances Gyles for 31 damage, while Ravness gets bow'd for 28 damage.

HEALBOT actually takes a hit, which surprises me.

So Sara, crits Shireen the archer in retaliation.

Canopus finishes off Shireen with a well placed crit and gets a mad payday for his troubles.

Grion gets offensive and hits Ravness, but we're officially on mopup duty as the enemy lacks the capacity to kill any of our units so I'm going to power through the next turns.

Levi and Snipette bring Mathild down to 2hp. HEALBOT brings up Ravness. Catiua brings up HEALBOT.

Ravness uses her finisher to bring Emanuel to 3hp.

Gyles moves back to hit Martine - fails.

Frances lands a lightning bow on Martine.
Martine mighty blows Gyles back to the tree.
Nerraw kills Emanuel with a lance.
Sara hits Gyles into <10% hp.
Lenneth finishes off Gyles.

Canopus focuses on Frances now.

Mathild used a Mend Leaf +0 off screen. Voltare hits for exactly 25hp to bring her back to 2hp.
Levi gets the kill.

HEALBOT takes a crit, but there's no enemies nearby to follow through.

Ravness and Snipette FINALLY take down Frances.

Robert next - he drops a Magician card so we move up Nerraw to grab it for the int / damage boost.

At this point, we've won.

Levi dodges the finishing move.

Hitting fast forward now as there's a lot of movement to get Nerraw his stat boost, as we trap the boss so he can't move, and he's got 25% chance to hit anyone, there's a lot of skipped turns.

Peregrines Mark is a good drop :toot: I can cross class Canopus to archer now to use great bows / Tremendous shot.

Next update, we'll probably cover some new entries in the local rags.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 012 - In which Ravness and Nerraw deny probability time and time again.

It's time for the news.

We've fought 9 so far :toot: we murdered 62 things and 47 of those were Galgastan

man, gently caress galgastan

The latest story events since the last time we looked here. Already covered so I'll be skipping over these. nothing new in them.

Two new news stories!

...Front leader Cerya Phoraena vehemently denies any part in these killings. She states this is merely propaganda targeted at discrediting their cause.

"...from the Bakram."

Might as well take this opportunity to invest our skill points, it'll be the last opportunity we get for a bit.

We invest some points for Levi into a fourth skill slot, and Harden1 (:giggity:) which ups his physical defence.

Lenneth invests into Knockback 1 which is useful for keeping enemies at bay.

In spite of HEALBOT having a decent number of skill points, she also lacks the level requirement for some of the more utility skills such as Channelling (-% cost of spells), Expand Mind (+Mana capacity) and Insight (faster % mana regen per round) so she keeps her points at the moment to invest later.

Nerraw invests in a fourth skill slot as well as a point into Spellcraft 1 which makes his attack spells stronger. As he's now reached level 6 he can use the indirect spells natively now without using scrolls so he just got that much more useful. Another level or two and he can start using the CC spells for his schools :toot:

Snipette's largest bane to date has been lovely accuracy, so we invest in a skill slot, as well as Trueflight 1 which buffs her accuracy.

We also shuffle around her skills and give her Knockback 1 as well, just because I'm a fan of knockback.

Martine gets accuracy and a skill slot as well. Her accuracy is less of a concern later as we rely on Mighty Blow a chunk which grants her 100% accuracy, but this will make her not useless in the rain.

Canopus gets Strengthen 1 which by reports buffs physical damage. Whether that applies to ranged damage or not is open to debate, but I like to think that it does.

We invest Voltares few skillpoints into Rampart Aura and Knockback.

To the Xeod Moors!

"A vast wetlands in the middle of the Coritanae Region, made rich by the flow of the Xeod."

Enemy Party

Lv. 5 Archer [HP: 121]
Lv. 5 Archer [HP: 119]
Lv. 5 Beast Tamer [HP: 133]
Lv. 6 Beast Tamer [HP: 157] **Boss
Lv. 5 Berserker [HP: 163]
Lv. 5 Cleric [HP: 103]
Lv. 5 Enchantress [HP: 108]
Lv. 6 Gryphon [HP: 193] **Boss
Lv. 6 Gryphon [HP: 193] **Boss
Lv. 5 Warrior [HP: 152]
Lv. 5 Warrior [HP: 161]
Lv. 5 Wizard [HP: 106]

Interesting enemy composition, briefly going to cover my overall strategy here:

I hate Ganpp maps and I'm not going to gently caress about maxing EXP.

The only good thing about Ganpp maps is that if you just focus on going for the throat, they tend not to last very long.

That's it. I hate Ganpp maps, he's the worst. He's tanky as gently caress for a Beastmaster, does reasonable damage but the worst part is his pets the Griffins. Later maps introduce more gimmicks, more beasts, and in each map I am just going straight for the throat because gently caress those maps.

Griffins ignore negative auras such as rampart aura because they can fly and thus your front line means nothing to them. They ignore your tanks and go for your casters.

Like Dragons, they focus on TP and have a combination of TP based moves that also inflict status effects. The one that they love the most is numbing hook which does a shitload of damage to a single target and has a chance to inflict the stun status on them, giving them a chance of losing their turn. gently caress Griffins.

EXP and Skill points earned are based on the number of enemies killed. The more you kill, the more of each you get, and for the most part I try to maximise the number of enemies I kill - except for maps where there's a shitload of beasts, until I get a later class.

This is also the first time we're introduced to the reptile race - they use renamed humanoid classes, in my experience they're tankier than the humanoid versions, and harder hitting. I'm sure someone with more indepth knowledge of the game than me (OFS maybe) will be able to share more than that, but in my experience, they're slower and harder than your counterpart units so it may be worth investing in getting one later.

Oh, and the two races do not share a levelling tree, so the reptile warrior counterpart etc needs to be levelled seperately.

Enemy team and ours move up, you might think back to the last map and go "hey cool, a swamp map, you can funnel them in" then you remember "gently caress griffins"

Ravness moves up past the front line / Levi and drops a spiritsurge on Tunda the Reptile Warrior.

Archers focus fire on Berda because she's the closest and the easiest target.

Ravness casually blocks all comers attempts at murdering her.

Vyce is attacked on our right flank and blocks it.

Yknow, maybe I'm giving Vyce too hard a time, he blocks more often than he doesn't.

Ravness continues telling the enemy to come and have a go if they think they're hard enough.

(Conclusion: They're not).

Levi and Voltare attack their closest beastmen.

Ravness continues her MVP streak of ruining enemies turns by blocking an attack from Orda (at least I think it's Obda) and then punching Tunda in the face and blocking on his counter.

More focus firing on Berda.

Vyce blocks another arrow.

Nerraw drops a cragfall on Berda for a nice bit of damage.

Vyce takes a massive fireball hit square in the face then runs up and punches an archer.

Yet more Berda focus fire. Got her to about half health

Martine takes a crossbow bolt in the shoulder.

Nerraw gets incredibly lucky and blocks a 93% shot that would have taken over half his health from Obda.

Which when combined with this attack, would have killed him.

Christ no wonder they keep missing, look at that chance to hit. She's not a super unit like Warren et all, so I don't know what's with her zen and the art of not taking damage bullshit.

Levi decides his chance to hit anyone's too low, so hits up Nerraw given that Berda's up next with a TP move.

Alas, t'was for nought, as Nerraw dodges the Numbing Hook.

The reptile warrior on our right flank moves back and slashes Vyce in the back.

Ravness takes a crit and falls into deep water doesn't stop her from countering though.

Ravness stays in the water and hits Tunda with a spiritsurge.

Nerraw moves back and lines up a Vulcan Lance into Berda.

The enemy wizard moves up and tries to put Levi and Ravness to sleep with Balmy Breeze. Fails both.

:whatthechrist:

:whatthechrist:

Later Vyce, you've been good lately, maybe I won't let you die in the next map.

We get Berda to sub 20% hp, so Ganpp freaks out and calls a retreat, his beasts flying in different directions and him teleporting out.

We then slaughter the rest of his minions off camera.

tithin fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 13, 2017

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 0013 - an easy fight for once!

"A coal-mining town in the middle of the Bahm range; the houses here sprung up around the mineshafts."

It's raining.

Storming. Hard to see with all the movement from the rain. With the dark.

The lightning flashes, and we're seen.

We hold the high ground.

It's too late for the Galgastani. They should have had scouts.

They're outnumbered, and out powered.

This won't be an assassination, this will be a slaughter.

Thanks to our height, Canopus effectively has 5 additional range. Actual archers will have more thanks to their Great Bows.

Have we lost our innocence yet?

Vyce is so angry. He may have a good heart deep down, but he's got so much hate too.

He's here to kill. Filled with a nationalistic zeal.

So much resentment.

Ravness is the true believer. The one who believes that things should be done the right way, with consideration for your fellow man. A pacifist, at heart.

To end the war as peacefully as can be established.

Who even knows why Canopus is here. At this stage I'm positive it's spite.

The wings heal, but the wounds of the mind take much longer.

Sara follows from gratitude. She'd be dead by now were it not for us. She knows it.

Vyce is a fighter. He's not stupid, and he has a warrior's instinct.

They might think he is, but he's cunning, and that's an intelligence all of its own.

The realm bleeds, and I fast find myself becoming cynical that I can spare the people of their suffering.

Voltare follows, because I command. He is grateful for his life, but he is a knight, and he is sworn to me. Where I go, he will follow. Even into the depths.

The enemy begin to fall. First one.

Catiua follows unwillingly. She longs only for a life of safety and quiet with her beloved brother, but I cannot stay quiet while the people suffer.

I order her to keep Vyce alive. He deserves our support, he has earned it well enough.

The slaughter continues without incident. The enemy falls, ineffectually.

It was never in doubt.

Firing uphill in the rain is a difficult task at the best of times. Made more difficult with enemies in your face.

They fall.

Literally.

Only two stand.

And they can do naught as their death bears down upon them.

One must fall.

Balmamusa is ours.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

: We are not the enemy! Or are you so taken with your Galgastani masters you have forgotten?

: There's no call for such rancor, Vyce. We should hear them out.

: Suppose we do fight. What then? conflict will only lead to more suffering

: At least here the winds of war do not howl in our ears, and our stomachs do not grumble.

: You are Walister! Where is your pride?

: Leave as you came. Let us live out our lives in peace. Today it's the Resistance, tomorrow who-knows-what, but you all sing the same tune.

: We want no part of your fight. You're doomed to fail, any road. Galgastan is too powerul. Heroes you may be, but the pride always comes before the fall!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsaKmMZ0eJM

: The duke foreknew this outcome. These are his orders.

: But why this? If you know even one reason, I would hear it!

: Because his grace...demands it.

: But the words of these children will not be enough to move them to take up arms. When they refuse, you are to kill them under guise of Galgastani agents.

: Leave no survivors.

: If we are to defeat Galgastan, the Walister must unite as never before.

: If it appears the Galgastani destroyed Balmamusa, our people in the remaining camps will rally to our banner.

: But...your Grace...

: Nor will opposition in the Galgastani ranks remain unmoved by such outrage.

: Balbatos will be beset by foes without and within. we will finally have both the opportunity and the moral imperative to rid the world of the creature.

: Levi and the others will not do this quietly.

There is Blood on my hands, How long till it lies on my heart?

1. I understand. We follow the Lawful word of our Liege Lord.
2. Stop this Lunacy! We reject our Liege lord and follow our conscience down the path of Chaos

tithin fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 14, 2017

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Having spent the entire saturday writing this up, and being probably the biggest game defining decision, I will leave this decision up for some time.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

Way to set the scene there in the lead-up battle!

Thanks! Wasn't sure how it'd get taken - I generally try not to do ~RP~ stuff, but I thought it was kind of appropriate.

quote:

I could never bring myself to choose anything but chaos route when I played, plus that's the route the last LP took, so I guess we should choose the lawful route...

Eh maybe I'll just abstain.

Same, actually :ohdear:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Who's this Denam rear end in a top hat?

Also, Law, because surely they can make Law seem infinitely more reasonable than SMT does.

NO ONE YOU SAW NOTHING

christ the law / chaos SMT breakdown's a can of worms, don't open it here or else tallgeese will come in here to say that Zelenin / Mastema did nothing wrong

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tallgeese posted:

Well yeah, Mastema did indeed do nothing wrong.

Also, stop this lunacy. The Duke is not almighty Filarhh, they don't get to make this kind of call.

:can:

Anyway, I'll give it about 2 more days (because I'm busy irl)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OW0pb-psRQ&t=167s

In case the video didn't link to the right time, skip to 2:47 for a very dramatic SO BE IT

With official votes as follows:

Law: 14
Chaos: 4
Abstain: 1

We are going to commit some war crimes...

...tommorow.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Working on the update now, however the next update comprises some 370 screenshots so I may not get it done tonight

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 0014 - It lies now upon my heart

Blood is the price that must be paid for our freedom, and we will be the ones to spill it.

: Don't worry. We'll not let their sacrifice be in vain.

Vyce looks more dignified, more regal.

: The Duke gave such an order, Leonar? And you would carry it out?

: Open your eyes. We cannot win if we are unwilling to dirty our hands.

: Ours is to follow orders. I swore an oath before the Duke. Before the Realm.

The most cutting insult he can find, thrown in my face.

: The Duke would sacrifice these people as a piece in some great game. Our lord has betrayed us all. To think I was willing to give my life for such a man.

: What a fool I was.

: drat right! These people have done nothing. Where is the justice in killing them!?

: I break no faith. I renounce the Duke.... I renounce you all!

: I always thought to find you at my side the day the Walister won their freedom.

: But if men of our own blood would stand against us, why should I expect more of you?

: Am I not Walister?

: Walister descended from Galgastani stock. But the fault is mine. I should not have placed such faith in one of mingled blood!

: How dare you!

: Every victory comes at a price. Can't you see that? People are dullwits! The sacrifice must be great to wake them from their languor!

[Suddenly Leonar slices at Vyce, who only barely escapes the knight's sword. Also I didn't capture it - Sorry.]

: I...I will ever stand with Denim!

....we should have had scouts.

They hold the high ground!

The craven fled into the night.

Vyce has fled into the night to fight against us.

: A man who places ends before means treads a dangerous path. The shame is mine for daring to hope.

: On my honor, you are my foe, Levi!

Ravness stands before us, her Will her armour, her spear does not waver.

---------------------------------------------

As a general rule, this can be a hard fight, but often is not with preparation. There are several things to bear in mind.

1/ While hostile, Ravness's death is not a requirement for the map, though the Galgastani factions is. The game actively tries to trick you in the previous screenshot as it focusses on her, as it would with an assassination mission.

1.1/ Ravness is on a seperate faction to the Galgastani and hostile to them, as they are to her. They will take shots at her if she's an easier target.

2/ There are sufficient story rewards down the track for not killing Ravness.

3/ This map therefore becomes about not letting Ravness flank your frontline to get to your rear line as she has the capacity to murder them without effort.

4/

Galgastani Faction

1x Berserker
1x Knight
2x Warrior
2x Valkyrie
2x Archer
1x Wizard

Ravness Faction

Ravness (Valkyrie)

: You feel yourself betrayed? You'd heed blood over word and action?

: Can the light of deed not pierce the shadow of one's birth?

: I believe it can. I will not believe otherwise!

Ravness throws herself into the fray. We form a defensive line with Lenneth, Martin, Levi and Voltare.

By placing Voltare on her left flank, combined with his rampart aura, it's more action efficient for Ravness to attempt to pierce Lenneth and Levi (though it didn't work out thanks to the rain).

Just to give you an idea of the raw power differential - check out the difference in stats though they're the same class and level. Ravness literally hits harder and more accurately at 25% strength (given counterattack 1 is only 25% melee damage), than Lenneth does at full strength.

: I myself am not of the common race...though I can't say as I've met misfortune on that account. Just luck, perhaps.

: I...hadn't considered that.

: Time for considering later. We've more pressing matters.

Canopus begins to soften up the enemy frontline, but his work's immediately undone. Enemy Wizard tries to stun him and fails. He's a target now.

We're now somewhat in trouble - we've got Ravness blocked in. She can't flank, but we also can't progress, and our archers are next to useless - right now.

The vague plan of attack is to send them up the stairway next to Catiua (currently healing Martine) however they'll have to do it sans support, because casters cannot jump for poo poo.

Martine takes a Spiritsurge to the face, it stings, but it's not crippling.

The enemy melee have reached Canopus - he's a claw user and smacks him in the back for 39 damage.

We buff up Martine with Instill Light because there's not much else for Levi to do at this stage. That Ravness has moved back up is good because now our line can move forward and relieve Levi of babysitting the cliff drop.

Zell (hotdog anyone?) is out of range for an arrow, so we hit up claw guy instead. Their knight undoes it with a heal, which is very poorly captured here.

As the only valid target, Canopus is starting to take a little bit of a kicking, so I'm going to move him back in range of our heals (which completely ignore verticality)

Ravness takes another semi succesful shot at our frontline, hitting Voltare, but not Lenneth.

Lenneth moves up to hit one of their incoming warriors with a very low damage Deadshot. I may choose to change her spell school in the future to lightning for reasons.

Canopus really taking a kicking here. Our archers as you can see are finally getting to the same level as he is right now, so they should be able to contribute soon.

Anys tries to take off Martine's head straight at the neck, but Martine's having none of that bullshit.

Someone (???) heals Voltare.

starting to get into the meat of the action now as my frontline, the galgastani front line, and ravness all clash at the top of the stairs.

Lenneth takes a regular hit from the enemy Berserker, Canopus, meanwhile at 1/3 health, drops a crit on Anys and knocks her away from Martine in front of Lenneth.

The enemy knight moves in on Canopus but is knocked back with a regular arrow shot from Snipette, knocking his rear end back to the pavement.

Someone (I think it's Catiua in this case) heals Canopus (again due to indirect spells ignoring verticality).

Snipette gets out of dodge from a Deadshot from one of the enemy valkyries.

Due to Anys now being in front of Lenneth, Ravness skewers Lenneth and Anys both for a fuckton of damage.

Nerraw takes his first offensive action of the fight and finishes off Anys.

Snipette takes a bit of damage from an iceblast.

Just an overall view of our health levels. You can see Lenneth's moved back to the back lines. Can you see a big mistake I made here? (hint, look at where Lenneth's standing).

Voltare heals Lenneth, and Donnalto Canopus.

Our front line is now completely secure between Lenneth, Martin and Voltar so I move Levi back towards our ascending archers to provide them support. He drops an Instill Light on Canopus.

Lenneth is topped up by HEALBOT

Sara shoots Jayne, meanwhile Martine takes some damage from Reginald.

Enemy Knight heals Sara's damage to Jayne via a mend leaf, meanwhile the enemy archers finally start unleashing their volleys.

Ravness is no stranger to incoming damage and blocks both the arrow, and the axe from the berserker.

Canopus's damage is blocked by Jayne which is unfortunate.

Finally get to unleash some damage.

Ravness does us a solid by assaulting the enemy. Sure she tried to kill us too but missed. It's the thought that counts?

We're finally in a position to take out their squishiest members, though at the rate we're going we'll probably kill the frontline before the archers.

The enemy Valkyries (Coven?) spread out the magical hurt by hitting up Snipette and Martine knocking both to around half health respectively.

Donnalto and HEALBOT heal up Martine, while Voltare puts an Instill Light on Lenneth. Not exactly optimal, but it's the best he can do for the moment.

the enemy keep filling Snipette with arrows

Sara and Canopus finally complete their long awaited crossover issue and take out Reginald from downtown.

Nerraw takes an arrow in the direct centre of his brain killing him instantly doing a decent chunk of health.

Zell decides that if he's going to die, he's going to take lessons intra-franchise and drops a loving meteor on Snipette (tier 1 darkness school indirect spell, like cragfall etc, but cooler because it's a big assed meteor).

Martine holds the door against the enemy.

Eagle eyed viewers will have spotted this coming a while back. I didn't see it until it was too late :v:

Thankfully it was Catiua's turn immediately after Ravness, so she helps to patch up Nerraw.

Martine and Nerraw team up to take down the Galgastani Berserker to half health

Snipette is dead, Levi only got to the bottom of that staircase by the time she was focussed to death.

Nerraw's back to full

we're in something of a unique position, if you look at the above screenshot. Their melee can't engage us, so they're reliant on ranged attacks which for the most part are ineffective. They can't scale down the cliff so they can't engage our squishies, and without their archers support they can't focus fire them down.

This is ~partly~ why I was ok with Snipette going down because the longer their archers are distracted, the more we can focus our own fire on their front line.

Anyway, Voltare gives the Valkyrie coven the middle finger and heals Martine back for more damage than was dealt.

Our archer contingent need no patching up, so I have Levi buff Sara with Instill Light. Every little helps.

Zell dies, while sara becomes the "nicer" target for the enemy archers, she then dodges a shot.

Sara goes for the downtown dunk but fumbles

Ethelia the archer then shots Nerraw in the brain again, we'll see down the track whether this has any long term damage.

Lenneth and Nerraw both take the full brunt of the hit from Ravness knocking both down to 1/3 health. Like before Catiua heals up Nerraw to circa 2/3 health.

Meanwhile Martine blocks more damage from the enemy frontline. Good job Martine.

Donnalto heals up Nerraw to full again.

Nerraw's loving pissed about being used as a pincushion and drops a boulder on Bellinda to relieve some stress.

HEALBOT heals up Lenneth removing her from oneshot territory.

She then takes a Deadshot and an Iceblast for her troubles, but immediately undone by Voltare.

Martine can't move from her current position without also opening up a path to our healers, so she strikes the Knight with a Mighty Blow.

Canopus has enough TP for a Dark Weight and I decide to use it on the Galgastani berserker. There's other targets but I wanted to clear the field and this was the only one that was a guaranteed kill.

Sara or Canopus drop an arrow onto the Knight Jeger bringing him to ~1/2 health.

Sara takes 20 damage from an arrow. It is not sufficient.

Lenneth and Nerraw get brought back to full health.

That's a bit more damage than I would expect.

Ah, poo poo. I forgot she did that.

Seeing the action bar at the bottom I elect to use the second last of my mend leafs to heal Lenneth up a bit to give her a bit more of a buffer.

A lot of my, the Galgastanis next actions revolve around Lenneth.

I'd sooner Donnalto and Nerraw take the damage than Lenneth at this point tbh - the fact that Lenneth blocked that first attack meant she would have survived the iceblast and spear if both had been levied at her.

Levi finally reaches Snipette - it says 1 Snipette round has passed since she went down which is ~kind~ of misleading, I don't know by what factor, but downed allies turn timers slow down a lot. It's very generous with its time to revive. Levi revives her to 10%hp with a Blessing Stone.

We've almost completely wiped away their frontline and the Galgastani have no healing capacity left, other than their knight who's barely standing as it is.

: I would have your reasons, if you've any worth repeating! You'd give your blessing to this sacrilege?

: Or have you chosen to turn your back on the light, on the very teachings of the Great Father? Is revenge your calling now, Abuna?

: The blood of your sworn enemy flows in my veins! Why not slay me, too?

: Since ancient times, there has been a word for one who sells his soul to the devil. They call him "ogre," a demon who eats the flesh of men!

: I see now the many you will consume in your lust for power.

: You are an ogre in truth!

Donnalto tops off Nerraw and Sara moves back to use the last mend leaf on Snipette.

Sensing blood in the water, the two enemy archers take a shot at Snipette, the first one missing entirely, and the second one critting, leaving her at 5hp.

Nerraw brings their knight to critical HP, while Ravness skewers Martine and one of their Valkyries.

The second Valkyrie then follows up with an Iceblast on Martine. She theoretically could have gone back and hit Snipette from where she's standing, but I'm glad she didn't because Martine can take the punishment.

The first Valkyrie's turn is back up and he skewers Lenneth and Nerraw both, unfortunately it's too little too late and without focus firing the enemy cannot keep up with our healing.

Martine gets a heal just in time to take a hit from their knight, who's then killed off by Sara.

Just to give you an idea of health levels. That archer with nothing on her health bar is Snipette.

Donnalto heals Snipette to bring her out of critical, and HEALBOT heals up Martine.

Off screen Canopus and Sara both take shots at the first Valkyrie in range of Lenneth and Martine, but they both miss.

Martine doesn't, bringing him to 1/3 hp.

Levi removes any lingering doubts about Snipettes current mortality. The enemy archer realises that he may in fact be mortal and at risk, so takes a shot at Levi that's blocked. He legs it.

Nerraw continues punishing the first Valkyrie.

Ravness finishes him off and (off camera) the second valkyrie swoops in and steals the card that he drops! :arghfist:

Martine gets buffed with more damage again.

The Galgastani are now down to One Valkyrie, and two archers, one of which is fleeing from Levi, the other is unable to affect the battle outcome at this point.

Skipping to the end...

loving card!

Ravness teleports out

"Congratulations"

This ends Chapter 1, you fine law abiding citizens you.

tithin fucked around with this message at 12:08 on May 19, 2017

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

As an aside, I hope no one minds when I do a "skip to the end" thing - I only do it when there's nothing interesting that could possibly occur. Storyline stuff etc will still be covered, I'm only going to do it when there's chaff left over that need to be killed and there's a never ending series of blocks misses and dodges :v:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

mauman posted:

Still better than Chaos Vyce.

Whiny little punk that he is.

Chaos Vyce is just so... vindictive. It's great.

Like, he straight up hates Levi.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tallgeese posted:

There is a guy who is working on a balance patch for this game on GameFAQs, and it sounds pretty good.

It's not Archael is it? Got a link?

With regards to canon, i'm of the opinion all routes are canon due to Anchor, but we're going to touch on anchor way way waaaaaaaaay down the track

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I had hoped to finalise the start of Chapter Two tonight but a combination of headache, lack of time, and story heavy update meant that I wasn't able to finish up tonight.

I'll hopefully get it done tommorow or the day after at the latest.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

waah posted:

It's spoilers but it's also for chaos which is a totally different story so ???, but Chaos Vyce has possibly one of the top 3 one time portraits in the game.

And really I get why people dislike Chaos Vyce, but he's way more effective than most average JRPG nuisance villans.

For reference, Chaos Vyce

Law Vyce

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Like many of you, I could never stomach going law when the time came so I've always gone chaos and dealt with cunning vyce, and not honorable vyce.

I started a law game that indirectly led to this lp, and got to chapter 3 before starting this, so soon it will all be new to me :greenangel:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That leads onto spoiler territory. We'll get to it down the track.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

mauman posted:

Oh you're in for a treat :allears:

Do you know how to get all of the special characters? The new ones in particular are partly why Law is so amazing (chaos and ESPECIALLY neutral really got the shaft in this department).

Yes! I'm looking forward to adding a certain whip user down the track :allears:

Assume I'll be going for all special side characters :)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Gridlocked posted:

Never trust a Neutral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-bCIA_vyVc

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Chapter Two - Law

Episode 1 - I will Fear no Reproach

You did it folks, you slaughtered five thousand innocent men

women

children.

Was it worth it, to become everything you spent your entire life trying to kill?

There's blood on your hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wUPHR3i3Ko

:siren: :siren: Probably worth watching this :siren: :siren:

Three Weeks Later

Three weeks have passed since the massacre at Balmamusa. Consumed with a lust for revenge, the Walister took to the battlefield, wresting large swaths of territory from Galgastani control. The Duke's gambit was a success. Yet not all went as the Duke had intended.

Though the atrocity galvanized the Walister, those in the Galgastani camp who opposed their own Heirophant Balbatos did not rise to action. Worse, whispers of the truth behind what happened had begun to spread throughout Galgastan on the lips of Bozeck and his men. Where the duke had sought to sow discord, a new sense of unity now grows among the Galgastani people, even as the stalemate of forces along the Burnham Massif shows no signs of yielding clear victory to either side.

Fearing the truth behind the massacre might reach the ears of his own troops, the duke has pushed forward with a daring strike on Balbatos's stronghold at Coritanae Keep. Meanwhile, Levi arrives at the ruins of Balmamusa with orders to harry the enemy's flank.

: By the look of things, the Galgastani can't have stationed many men here. The fewer we must kill to be done with this business, the better.

: I mislike your tone.

: Forgive me, your Grace. We are more powerful now than ever, I grant you.

: But let us not forget, we failed to rouse the Galgastani against Balbatos. Our Resistance remains far outmatched.

: I do not need you to tell me what I know so well.

: Then I beg you to reconsider.

: First we dispatch a light force to secure Balmamusa, a small town southwest of Coritanae. Thence to advance to the Xeod Moors.

: You'd distract them by needling their flank? They will never fall for such a ruse.

Trouble in paradise, it looks like.

: I mean to have our young Hero lead the band. We will feed sweet lies to their whisperers: That it is no small band, but half our army that marches. A morsel they will find impossible to resist.

: Nor will they know whether it is from Almorica or Balmamusa that we strike.

: And they will believe this tale?

: The presence of the Hero of Golyat will convince them. Balbatos would not think we place our Hero at the head of so few. This will be enough to give Balbatos pause, but he is no fool. He will not commit the entirety of his forces to Balmamusa.

: No, he will divide his men between the Psonji Weald and the Xeod Moors. The martial advantage is his. Even with his forces split, he will not fear defeat.

: Yet only this way will we have a true chance at victory.

: Perhaps. But if Balbatos does not split his troops, what then?

: We must see that he does. There's more. Once our heroes have a foot hold in Balmamusa, they will turn their attentions to the Port of Asyton. Asyton is but a short distance to the west of Coritanae. Balbatos will fear an assault.

: And with his troops mustering in Coritanae, Asyton will be ripe for the taking.

: Of course. Without Balmamusa or Asyton, they'll be cut off from the sea.

: Is that so great a blow?

: In Valeria, the sea is life. Without the bounty of her trade, we wither and die. Doubly so the Galgastani in their landlocked keep at Coritanae. Belive our rumors or no, they must respond. And that means splitting their troops.

: Should the gambit fail, we still weaken them by closing their ports.

: And what becomes of us?

: If you sense disadvantage, withdraw swiftly.

: So in the end, we still must fight a battle of Galgastan's choosing.

Our party will, in the next few updates be saying goodbye to Sara, Donnalto, and maybe Voltare (though I have a softspot for him, so he'll probably stick around for a while longer).

We are once again fighting in Balmamusa, from the ground up. On the upside this is nowhere near as fraught as the last map, it's almost a walk in the park, though this being said I will of course be doing my damndest to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Enemy Composition:

2x Warriors
2x Wizards
3x Archers
1x Knight
1x Valkyrie

We outnumber and outlevel the enemy, though they have the high ground.

This is completely irrelevant because one of those archers has a crossbow (and therefore lovely range in combination with the rain and the buildings in the way), and the other two start ages away from the group and do not use the height to their advantage.

First move of the map has Canopus already taking a shot at the Valkyrie and landing a meaty crit.

The same Valkyrie moves south and takes a shot at Lenneth who's also moved up off camera and whiffs the shot.

Just to give you an idea of the height advantage the AI just utterly loving squanders here.

Our front lines are quick to the clash, however their frontline does not have the luxury of backlines to support them and mine can attack their frontline with impunity.

We've had one cycle of my moves and their first character's already down.

Snipette begins softening up the next target, being one of the two warriors.

Lenneth pushes an instill air onto Canopus while the enemy Knight takes to the high ground. too high to do anything to us as he can't jump into our ranks.

Margarete the Warrior takes aim at Martine the Warrior and misses. The second enemy warrior is making a beeline for Canopus but couldn't quite get in range. Canopus peppers him with arrows in response.

Voltare buffs Martine for more instill damage.

The rooftop enemy knight takes the only available course of action to him and jumps down to fight Lenneth. Levi heals her.

The first enemy caster joins the fray and introduces our next debuff, poisoned.

It's absolutely useless. Don't worry about it.

It does damage, but it's an extremely low amount (with health pools of 150-200 on Martine and Voltare, it's doing 9-10 damage)

It only does three lots of damage, so it's just.. easier to heal it when it's finished doing damage than it is to cleanse the bloody thing, especially given the enemy loves to spam poison mist as much as it can.

Sara gets a turn and helps out Canopus with doing damage to the warrior closing in on him.

Lenneth is helping guys!

Canopus's turn comes up before the warriors does, so he continues damaging.

Snipette and Nerraw help to finish him off.

Martine and Margarete get down to business with each other. Margarete hits harder, but Martine has support, and more HP than Margarete, thanks to Snipette.

Lenneth takes another minor blow and Catiua helps bring her back up. At least these enemies can't use finishing moves with all the TP they're building up :greenangel:

The enemy backline are slowly catching up to us but that doesn't concern me at all. We finish off their second warrior meaning they are down to just the Knight, 2 archers, and 2 Wizards and that's pretty easy right now when the above have nothing between me and them.

A general round of buffing and healing.

Lenneth continues being a surprisingly decent meat shield if not damage dealer.

The weather is no longer quite so garbage.

The enemy witch celebrates by stunning Lenneth.

The enemy archers unleash another volley, one at Lenneth which lands, and another at Donnalto which doesn't.

Class assignment: MLG Style Donnalto.

Canopus has taken the high ground (or at least, the same level as the enemy back line) and begins peppering the enemy casters with arrows. You can see now that his stats are starting to go up with his levels he's doing massive chunks of their health pool.

Lenneth and Nerraw get stuck into the enemy knight.

Donnalto shows off a (new?) spell - Innervate. It straight up cures stun. Nothing else. It will see a decent amount of use as enemy casters like to cast stun a lot - it's not my choice of crowd control is all I'll say for now.

Sara/Snipette continue whittling down the enemy knight, Lenneth is healed back to full, Levi comes over all Shakespeare like, and Canopus is buffed to do even more damage to the back line.

Lenneth takes a normal hit and dips back down.

Levi moves up the stairs to flank and startles the enemy casters into trying to stun him. They miss.

Enemy witch hits Canopus with a bubble for a small amount of damage, and an enemy archer takes a shot at Lenneth, who blocks.

Martine gets healed back to full, enemy archer relocates to launch a bolt at her which lands on a 55% chance to hit. Lenneth lands a hit. Sure it's only 13 damage but every little helps :toot:

The annoying witch is struck down and drops a card :toot:

the only one remotely close is Levi and he's headed up there to murder the Wizard, so he gets the card, whatever it is.

Our back line unleash another volley on the Knight and closest archer respectively.

Martine takes a kicking. that last image is Tornade - indirect Air spell. Has the amusing side effect of changing which way your character is facing, could theoretically be useful though for increasing our chance to hit down the track.

Sara just landed the shot of the game. Natural crit knocks the archer off the side of building for another 27 damage on top of the 40 from the crit puts him to 13 hp.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

So yeah, expect enemy units to start packing finishing moves now. Something I clearly failed to account for here.

Rending Gale is the Tier 1 Sword finishing move - I don't have hard numbers, but it does two attacks at what I feel are about 150% of regular melee damage a hit. It can really hurt on a damage focused character, and I just got unlucky here that Martine took a kicking from the enetire enemy back line before having a finishing move unleashed on her to finish her off.

Donnalto takes a crit from an archer. Unfortunate, but thankfully it's his and Sara's turn now so that damage is immediately undone.

Canopus sticks an arrow into the last enemy wizard, while the enemy archer that's gone rogue behind our lines does the same to Donnalto.

Lenneth got a kill :toot: everyone a round of applause for Lenneth.

Snipette and Voltare finish off the enemy knight.

Nerraw hucks a massive loving rock at the next archer in line.

Catiua heals up Donnalto.

Nerraw takes a crit, but this seems low damage in comparison to the other ones we've seen this game so far.

Levi gets a kill :toot:

Donnalto's tired of being a pincushion so blocks the next shot taken at him.

This is a good screen :toot: it means we do even more damage with Bows on Canopus now. This should be Rank 3 he just hit, it won't open up a finishing move, but the next time he ranks up in bows it'll open the next one.

Christ why is that damage so loving low

Nerraw finishes off that penultimate archer leaving us with just the final unit to kill.

Levi with the crit and grabs the card. It was an agi boost.

Levi got another kill :toot:

Most everything is now level 8 except Wizard and Vartan, and that's purely because there's only one of each class in there.

We not have a good chunk of SP to spend so we will be doing that in our next update which will be longer than usual due to the movements in the local rags etc.

Aw christ look at that title.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I feel like you were mocking Lenneth and I do not approve :colbert:

What I will say about Lenneth is that she can take hits like a loving champion, which is amazing for a Valkyrie.

She cannot do damage for poo poo however, and I cannot figure out why at this point.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Glazius posted:

The Xeod Moors. How do you say that, anyhow? Sheeod?

Zeod I would imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 2 - We've got poo poo to do :toot:

It's been several in game weeks, and several continuous battles in a row. We've got a lot of SP to spend, a decent amount of Goth, and so it's time to start updating peoples poo poo, both from a talent and gear perspective because we've been using starter gear since the first updates.

GEAR

Denim Denam Levi gets a defensive focussed upgrade, updating to the third One handed Hammer, a Morning Star, the third Shield (Aspis) as well as chain armour.

Catiua gets a Magus Robe for an increase to magic and armour (not that she'll use that magic stat as healing is static) and Leather Gloves for defense.

Lenneth goes straight from the first spear to the first two handed spear the Voulge. When I get some more money I'll be investing in a Ring of the Warrior to give her a bit more oomph.

HEALBOT gets a shield, and a Mage Staff, otherwise the same gear as Catiua.

We run out of money for Nerraw - sorry. That'll get fixed and he'll upgrade from Robe to Magus Robe, and also get a Ring of the Mind down the track.

From memory that bumps int and therefore damage.

Snipette upgrades to the next Bow in the 2handed Line the Longbow, as well as Chain gear.

BIG SWORDS, CASH PRIZES, I LOVE IT

Voltare gets new gear also.

Donnalto and Sara get nothing as they will be subbed out as we gain new classes / uniques.

TALENTS

More points invested to give us another talent row, we invest in Knockback 1 to more accurately preserve our lines.

I decide to invest some defence into Catiua with a rank in Sidestep and Fortify.

Lenneth invests her skillpoints into shitloads of talents, gaining access to Lightning Magic, Knockback 1 and Counterattack 1. She seems to be becoming a meatshield purely through circumstance so let's try to get some extra damage out of it.

HEALBOT gets a rank in Channeling, as well as an Active use "Recruit" which does what it says on the tin, it allows you to recruit a humanoid enemy unit at the end of the battle (assuming they survive)

Your chance to recruit increases based on their health, lower health the better. We will need this for a recruitment of a generic in about oh, two battles. (Watch this space)

Most classes, especially casters I've noticed, have a recruit variant in their kit. Wizards can recruit Lizardmen, and that's all I can remember. It will be ~mostly~ unused for my purposes, except for the end game.

I forget that I was going to give Nerraw Lightning Magic, and instead invest into a single talent row and a rank in Sidestep (sidestep is ranged avoidance if I haven't mentioned)

Snipette's hitting the big leagues now, getting a rank in Trueflight and Counterattack 1.

Martine gets 3 new talent rows and a point into Truestrike 1 (I think? I might have gotten that a few updates ago, I don't remember) and Knockback 1. The third row lies empty at this point but will probably go into anatomy to increase damage dealt to humans. Might also go into one of the beast ranks because, and though I'm not a former British Prime Minister, gently caress beasts. I hate those guys.

Canopus gets a whole new makeover (uniques keep their own sprite regardless of class) and gets a huge stat boost on switching to archer. We invest points into Tremendous shot. This will be shown off to great effect... later.

Voltare gets the Tried and True Defensive Knight Setup™

READ ALL ABOUT IT

That "Walister" tally seems to be about 5000 bodies short.

Not in the news that, I imagine.

Covered in the last update.

Ah, here's the news.

"A Massacre has taken place at Balmamusa. There are no survivors. Balmamusa was set aside for the Walister by the Kingdom of Galgastani, and all those who perished were of Walister blood. Women and children were spared no mercy as the town was engulfed in flames.

The killings are thought to be an act of retribution by the Galgastani for the recapture of Almorica Castle by the Resistance. Hierophant Balbatos maintains he is not responsible.
"

"It is now rumored Duke Ronwey had a hand in the massacre that took place in Balmamusa. Some suggest the killings were a ploy to cause internal strife in Galgastan. The Duke denies these rumours.

Meanwhile, opponents of the Hierophant in Galgastan are still wary of laying the blame for the massacre on Balbatos."

Didn't crop the second image sorry. but yeah, basically says Galgastan is marshalling for war.

Sounds like my kind of party.

Well, that's unfortunate. Official word is that Ravness was partly responsible for Balmamusa then.

From Hero to Butcher.