Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I remember talking to a New Yorker in Copenhagen once, both of us learning about what the other called a bodega. It's obviously a pub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

And what's the deal with Rhode Island?? It's not even an island!

Wait till you learn about Al Jazeera

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Israel means one who wrestles with God. Make of this what you will.

Yeah, but it's not a metaphor.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

Like WWE style? AEW? RoH?

The Bible is vague about the details, but this is the kind of stuff that should turn into a schism. Also the Greco Roman wrestling God it's obviously gay

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Andy: 5000 candles in the wind

Beverley: oh yeah!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Cable Guy posted:

:hmmno:

:hmmyes:

Peter Higgs (physicist who proposed the Higgs boson or 'God Particle')

Oh good, for a moment I thought it was Nietzsche

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I worked at a couple of booze distributors cum makers and it's extremely common :shrug:

Booze made from cum seems gross but also hopefully an untapped market?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Looks like she's a bit of a clown though

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Health insurance is a poor translation of Krankenkasse, but there's no American equivalent. Try inventing better healthcare concepts if you want to understand.

(It's a publicly funded system which pays for (some) medicine, possibly with the first portion paid each year covered by the patient)

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

I thought it was "Sick Box"

Yeah, Kasse is box, Käse is cheese.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

freeedr posted:

Hey remember when OJ murdered real-life human beings

So cringe

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Turn on your monitor.

The trans agenda is going strong I see

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Can but wont

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

AI is as good as human intelligence. More specifically, it's as good as our most trusted expert, A Bloke Down The Pub

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Is the guy literally called Malarkey? If that's not an untrustworthy name, I don't know what is.

Anyway, it's far from unheard of for mammals, including humans, to develop nipples in weird places. Here's a rabbit hole you didn't want to know about

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

A guy being called Sharts is pretty funny in itself. Especially if he's called Richard. But also the Sharts residence, could you go over to the Sharts and borrow some corn?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Well I'd say we're fracking it, so that tracks.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

It's weird to me that the bombing of serbia has been warped into some iraq-war level crime these days because surely everything the US has been involved in is just iraq, rather than an extremely just and good response to stop an active genocide being carried out by the serbs. The only problem with it is that the west didn't launch its campaign sooner.

Assuming the USA did some bombing that was entirely unjustified is not exactly a stretch, even before 911. That Yugoslavia was actually justified is a happy accident. Also, it's pretty funny that Hilary didn't speak to her husband for months until she wanted to bomb a country. That's the sort of stuff marriage counselors should be promoting more.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Bald Stalin posted:

Blokes got a job and you're upset about it? Should he just do nothing despite being able to work? From each according to their ability, to each according to their work.

Actually, OP just hates jobs and veterans

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

axolotl farmer posted:

Min roman heter också Bort, Bort.

No Swedish in the Finnish thread please.

Perkeleen ruotsilaiset and so forth.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

euphronius posted:

Sometimes I feel like 85% of all finns post on SA. It’s a very high amount

It might be a high amount, but it might also be just three guys. We simply don't know how many Finns, if any, exist.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Mauser posted:

gently caress surveyors

Yeah, that sounds really good, they're awesome

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

madmatt112 posted:

Google tells me gegenüber means “opposite”, which is a better word for this meme what with the garlic breath

Why would you not simply understand the German text?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There's no land connection between Finland and Sweden.

Explain Åbo then

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What is there to explain? The fact that you take a boat to go from there to Sweden? I already explained that.

I suppose you can go from Sweden to Sweden?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Snowy posted:

If there was no border between Finland and Sweden then there wouldn’t be this massive candy store, now would there?

Sounds like someone doesn't understand the Swedish soul (lösgodis)

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

For those of us not related to Scrooge McDuck, but still living in Scandinavia, he's actually called Joakim von And. This is all well and good, especially since "and" means duck. However, in his ridiculous origin story, he starts in Scotland, which is pretty stupid since he's obviously German.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

oldpainless posted:

As I’ve always said, the North’s were the real racists all along

I mean, they did decide that black people only counts 3/5ths of a white person?

The war was about slavery, but not only in the moral sense, also because the agricultural South benefitted a lot more economically from slavery than the industrial North. In this way, abolition was a way to shift the power dynamic in the Union towards the North.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

euphronius posted:

In a fully democratic state illegality and morality would match !! Ahh oh well

Assuming people aren't loving stupid and decide pot is bad or something.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It's a pretty good move, voters love abhorrent positions, and puppy murder is pretty far up that scale.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It is my proud heritage to pronounce foreign words according to my bad faith Danish intuition.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The border of bad Dutch is called the Atlantic Ocean, and the bad side is the south/east side. Also the other sides.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Speedboat Jones posted:

I listened to this one and now the algorithm is giving me more of this kinda poo poo and I love it.

Thank Mr algorithm

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Good thing no one of horny on Halloween

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

boofhead posted:

dunno where all this horny season nonsense is coming from. everyone knows youre only allowed to have sex on february 32th

Dunno about you, but I can be horny without having sex :smug:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Humphreys posted:

The internet was a mistake.

Computers were a mistake. And I don't mean the modern electronic ones, I mean the people doing calculations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

A Moose posted:

She's a comedian who wrote a book about hot dogs and has been on a bunch of podcasts

Hot dogs as in she wants to gently caress them, break them out of cars or eat them?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

sick of Applebees posted:

Also, bike gears usually need you to stop pedalling for it to be a smooth transition, otherwise it acts weird until there's lessened force and then the gear completes the switch

Eh, with a derailer you just keep on going. Though I suppose you can't go from 1 to 10 in one clunk

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

How did we go from a hat-culture to a non-hat culture? Hat's used to be a default part of your wardrobe, you weren't dressed properly if you didn't have one. And now they're more of an affect, or for specific situations. What was the catalyst that made hats fade from ubiquitous to where we are today.

Hats don't fit under bike helmets, which should account for most people not using them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

kuarduck posted:

Oh hey it's that club that charges "smart people" to join it, so they can go around claiming to be members of a group of smart people.

That's not entirely fair. There's a lot of clubs like that, like MBA or CISSP or whatever.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Perhaps the most incorrect answer possible.

Well, it was true for teenage me, so I assume it's universal