Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

This was awesome when I was a pre-teen. I also had the Sub Assault version which was rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

There’s no wrong way to rub a shark.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

GD_American posted:

There is extremely a wrong way to rub a shark

Nah man, every shark is completely smooth no matter what angle you’re touching it from

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why's that moth got such big tits?

:thejoke: is that it’s a big-tiddy moth gf

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Paladinus posted:

These look like dog berries to me.

No

NO

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The relatively benign “Eileen Dover” in the middle of a slew of dirty name puns had me rolling

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Data Graham posted:

^^ "Yorkshire" lmaooo god drat

You beat me to this but I wanted to point out just how jarringly misrepresentative this photo is.

It's the absolute opposite of suburbian hell, it's quite literally the middle of nowhere, surrounded by Appalachian ridges and rural farmland. It just so happens to be a strategic truck stop where two big freeways meet, and historically it's a transport hub dating back to like the 1700s. The photo is somebody with a 400mm lens being all "do ho ho watch what happens when I do super-telephoto from the opposite hill and crop out the fact that there is nothing but this one street in the entire :airquote: town :airquote:"

Also it's from like 2002 judging by the signs, not that that means it's gotten LESS nuts since then but still

That place sucks though because instead of the sane junction that occurs at any two large arteries in the interstate system, to get from one to the other you have to get off of one, drive through it and the requisite stoplights, then get onto the other. It becomes a massive choke point during any time of year where there is a lot of travel. It’s been suggested many times to build a normal junction but the people who own the businesses raise hell every time it’s mentioned. I hate it and it’s bad and anything that paints it in a bad light is fine in my book.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Title sequences are good and sometimes essential to setting the mood for the show.

We should also bring back the largely lost art of movie opening title sequences.

I agree, and so does this guy:

https://youtu.be/rPcWgLtzLC0

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

drat horror queefs posted:

St. Vincent's most recent album "Daddy's Home" is about her dad being being released from prison for white collar crimes of $43,000,000 in stock fraud. She refers to the conviction as "white-collar nonsense"

Poor little rich girl :qq:

(I like her music but give me a break)

Oh maybe that’s why I just bounced right the gently caress off of that album. Her other stuff is good but it did absolutely nothing for me

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Thank god I’m not terminally online enough to understand this, because it cannot be good

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Lorne has kept everyone on the cast during the COVID years except for those who have left by choice, which has led to the largest cast they’ve had (22 people all trying to get screen time) but has also let a bunch of people continue to draw a paycheck during a very uncertain time. I would expect that a decent portion of the cast will leave after the conclusion of this season.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the shark shows up with the traditional trappings of the capitalist

loving landlord shark

Maybe he ate the landlords and is now dividing up the spoils

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Me trying to explain to my SO why I’m laughing at my phone

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

CPColin posted:

You guys have been pronouncing it "moog"?

No, I pronounce it moog

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

SpacePig posted:

One of them was just a rat that evolved into a bigger rat.

8 of the original 151 are just birds.

4 are various reskins of a fennec fox, and then they did it five more times in future generations.

One is literally “what if pokeball, but Pokémon?!”

Pokémon design is a wonderful mix of inspired insanity and phoning it in and I love it

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

There’s also a long history of stuff breaking with updates, which trained people in a bad way.

I have a UniFi Dream Router and the most recent update broke something. It reboots every 8-12 hours now, and it always happens at a time when I’m busy and can’t fuss with figuring out how to roll it back, and then I forget until it happens again.

Windows Updates have been pretty solid for a while now, though.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

We bought a new pinball machine for one of our offices and I’m pretty sure it’s broken more often than it’s available to play on.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Perfect, no notes

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

:therapy:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Listen to Aldous Harding instead.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

HONK

AND

FLAP

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

Fun fact: asbestos gives you cancer by having fibers that are so small and pointy that they poke your DNA directly and scramble it.

This fact isn’t actually that fun at all :mad:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Let's try another.

If your employer exposes you to asbestos you can't sue them until after you've contracted an asbestos related disease. This can potentially happen decades after the exposure. If it's mesothelioma you likely have 6-18 months to live following diagnosis so call that lawyer quick.

I would really rather like to unsubscribe from Asbestos Fun Facts

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

A+ posting

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Using Hasbullah for this is cracking me up more than it probably should

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Beer and sprite is really good in the dead of summer. You just have to get the portions right (1/2 and 1/2 for the first six and then whatever because you no longer care)

Just thinking about the amount of sugar in this is giving me a hangover

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

owl_pellet posted:

Love to get farts blasted in my face while riding coach

James Joyce would absolutely be over the moon, though

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Another successful day on the internet!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Amphigory posted:

Loving listening to 40 year old men critique a show for teen girls

Goon hates popular thing, more at 11

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

hallo spacedog posted:

Says what it is right there, it's pink

Look not all of us have synesthesia

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

a) thank you for this
b) I remember watching these in grade school and thinking he was really old, but when he made them he was in his late 30s/early 40s lmao

:shepicide:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Just missing the ifunny logo superimposed over the 9gag logo

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kit Walker posted:

What was their DPS?

Sounds like it was 5

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

I honestly have no idea if vh1 still exists

It does and it’s owned by Tyler Perry

e: apparently that isn’t official yet so that’s what I get for fact-checking after posting but I’m still gonna :justpost:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

teen witch posted:

I’m more surprised about the washing machine honestly

I don’t want to say that I’d want to own a Raytheon washing machine but I’d like to at least come across one?

Huh, apparently they owned the Speed Queen line of washers and dryers until the late ‘90s.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Sure seems like people get awfully mad when people post memes in the memes thread

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

I think not.

Ah, therefore you amn’t

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

here, i fixed it

Hang it in the Louvre

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Modal Auxiliary posted:

That Warren Buffet guy seems okay, I Iike how he's actually trying to give most of his money away. And then there was that founder dude from Patagonia who gave up his position so all the proceeds could go toward fighting climate change, that was kinda neat.

Billionaires don’t give away things out of the goodness of their heart, they do so to buy PR/influence. Just because the thing they’re trying to influence is something you agree with doesn’t make it a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Modal Auxiliary posted:

I don't think he's a saint, I just think he's doing more net good than the billionaires who spend their money mutating social media apps into hate-speech echo chambers, trafficking child prostitutes, or making torture videos.

Like, he's the only billionaire I know that thinks billionaires should pay the same/more taxes than the middle class, they literally named this idea after him. I'm sure he's some brand of dirtball, but I just think he's on the less lovely end of the spectrum.

Maybe he’s a good guy and maybe his heart is in the right place, there’s no real way for me to know. What I do know is that the foundation that was started is still under the control of the Chouinard family and it’s existence just so happens to save the inheritors over a billion dollars between sales and estate taxes. The overarching thesis amongst all of the charitable endeavors founded by billionaires is that they are the best arbiters of what is an effective use of money, not the government and not any other NGO. I’m glad that he wants to apparently save the environment but cutting out government and trying to do it himself is foolish.

ShoogaSlim posted:

by this logic, a billionaire donating to an objectively worthwhile cause is still wrong and shouldn't happen as far as you're concerned just bc said billionaire has an ulterior motive? absolutely hosed logic.

you mention the "b" word in an SA thread and everyone comes out of the woodwork to let everyone else know how much they DON'T SUPPORT RICH PEOPLE <:mad:> go hang out with the vegans and other people who care.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762?lang=en