Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

How do you say "whomst'd've" in Finnish?

Depends.

What time of day was it, to whomst've where you saying it, was the action intentional and completed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Wtf is that even supposed to be?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Cute

Super cute

Yah...

Nah

Get hosed aye

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

This guy owns himself so much. I mean, just look at these tweets side by side

Holy gently caress! Sweden has urban areas??

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

System Metternich posted:

You forgot Kissing near Augsburg, man (I grew up right next to it and can honestly claim that it's pretty boring)

Or titz near cologne and wixdorf near darmstadt.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Please don't. You know people are dumb enough to try this.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Paladinus posted:

It's slightly worse than when the guy from buzzfeed or something made a lovely loss edit about doughnuts.
I expect a bit more from a loss reference than just arranging several random objects.

E I
I A

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Paladinus posted:

That's nobody's business but the Greeks

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

B BB
BB BC

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

I D
G I

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Calaveron posted:

So you can rhyme sauce and horse if you're british

Specifically (southern) English. And somewhat lower class.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Now say back.

I love how they say back, guys, just listen.

Come on, man, say back.

Gerrard didn't deserve to get booked.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Speaking of pronunciation.

[Coach Z intesifies]

The gently caress is larszcz?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Wikipedia hasnt even been updated yet.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Captain Splendid posted:

I hear a sort of synesthetic noise in my head every time he makes the face. Like the Home Improvement grunt in slow motion.

Thank you for finding this again.

But a bit higher pitched?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Ahem...

...Derry.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

om nom nom posted:

The guy who played Mr Lahey is dead

Do you want someone to make a meme with that or do you just think it behoves the meme thread to announce celebrity deaths at this point?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Jamesman posted:

Do you think Loss would have still been a thing if, instead of a miscarriage, Lilah had the baby but smothered it due to postpartum depression?

Or if Ethan left it alone in the bath and it drowned?

What would circles look like if pi was exactly 3?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

You say that, as Have I Got News For You goes into its 54th season.

My family
2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps
Not going out

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

I feel better not using double space. Feels so much more efficient.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

This one is kind of nice almost.

Comparatively.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Hvad fanden var det lige du sagde omkring mig, din lille tæve? Du skal lige have at vide at jeg graduerede i toppen af frømandskorpset, og jeg har været involveret i adskillige hemmelige angreb på Al-Quaeda, og jeg har over trehundrede bekræftede drab. Jeg er trænet i guerilla krigsførelse, og jeg er den bedste snigskytte i hele Forsvaret. For mig er du ikke andet end bare endnu en skydeskive. Jeg vil satanedme udrydde dig på en måde, som aldrig før er blevet set på denne jord, mærk mine loving ord. Tror du virkelig du kan slippe afsted med at sige sådan noget lort til mig over internettet? Tro om igen, skiderik. Mens vi snakker så er jeg i gang med at kontakte mit hemmelige netværk af spioner rundt om i Danmark og din IP-adresse spores lige nu, så gør dig klar på stormen, maddike. Stormen der udrydder den ynkelige lille ting du kalder dit liv. Du er fandme død, knægt. Jeg kan være hvor som helst, når som helst, og jeg kan dræbe dig på over syvhundrede måder, og det er bare med mine bare hænder. Ikke blot er jeg trænet i ubevæbnet kamp i udførlig grad, men jeg har også adgang til hele den danske flådes arsenal og jeg vil bruge det i dets fulde omfang til at vaske din elendige røv af kontinentet, din lille skid. Hvis bare du havde vidst hvad for en ugudelig straf din lille ”smarte” kommentar ville bringe ned over hovedet på dig, så havde du måske holdt din loving kæft. Men du kunne ikke, du gjorde det ikke, og nu betaler du så prisen, din satans kraftidiot. Jeg vil skide raseri over det hele på dig og du vil drukne i det. Du er loving død, sønnike.

It's especially funny because Sweden is a neutral country.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Channel 4 in the uk had 3 interviews with Zimbabweans cut off this evening. Hmmmm

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Russian black propaganda.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Michaellaneous posted:

I am glad there is an arrow pointing out the obvious joke.

Michaellaneous posted:

I am glad there is an arrow pointing out the obvious joke.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Can't believe this was a world cup ago.

mind the walrus posted:

This, but this year I have an excuse cause I'm sick.

Working.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Imagine being raised by the internet.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Gotta go autistic on this one:

It's a 2-man vaudeville sketch with loads of pauses, miniature scenes, and lines that can be recontextualized in a variety of fashions-- surreal, hyper-literal, non-sequitor. You can insert other memes into it, or any one part of it into another meme. There are multiple notes for jokes-- the concept of steamed hams and various cons pulled around them, Aurora Borealis (itself a three-note joke from absurdist comment, to Chalmer's incredulity, to the "may I see it"/"no" cap), the regional dialect exchange, Agnes' screams and Skinner's reassurance at the end--which allows for heavy versatility for short or long-form remixes. Other memetic exchanges in the Simpsons don't reach that level. The Dud goes pretty far, Hibbert is an easy insert, and personally I think the Frogurt Shopkeep has way more potential than is being used for, but none have proven to really "go the distance" yet.

Is this a new meme: Žižek analyses the Simpsons?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Awww

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Firstscion posted:

Paraguay gets nothing. :(

Eyelash transplants.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

*Ahem* Drinking coffee and drinking milk.

I thought Asians were lactose intolerant?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

You see, Benny, drinking milk is very much like conquering beautiful Hungary; you just fart through it.

I didn't know Romanians were gassy.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Also the Russian civil war.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I'm pretty sure the ambient temperature would have been a lot higher than 79° at 8:16 and would have steadily tapered off rather than immediately return to normal.

Also is a line graph not better for temperature?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

SpacePig posted:

no season after 200

This is going to happen, isn't it?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Phanatic posted:

All of the characters go out the window to service the plot of the week. Marge loses her poo poo over Homer buying a gun, but Homer's had a shotgun for years and it was completely unremarked on. Marge was a cop and kept a gun in the house. Lisa, the same Lisa who has always gone to church with her family, and prayed, and been the Christian moral voice, opposed to even pirating cable because of the risk to one's eternal soul, decides her mom is an idiot because she believes in God and angels. And yeah, the Jerkass Homer thing you mentioned right there. The show stopped being driven by characters and their relations to each other and started being driven by "The Simpsons go to [location]! Guest-starring N'SYNC!"

Word

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

The Wikipedia article about saint Louis has been taken down. Or was it just a mock-up in the first place?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

I tried to think of blue candy that's commonly available here and the only one I could remember was American (M&Ms). It's probably got something to do with the fact that people don't think of blue as the colour of something edible since, you know, food isn't blue :shrug: (Dunno about blueberries but bilberries are about 100% red as anyone who's managed to stain their tablecloth with them knows. [Blueberries are native to North America, never had one.])

Actually some cough drops are probably coloured light blue to give off that "fresh" idea.

Is there really no disgusting blueish rotting cheese in glorious Suomi?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

Did you know that blue cheese is mostly white?

Well yeah it starts off mostly white. Kind of like how Karelia started off mostly Finnish.

Though tbh, I would have expected you to have something completely rotted through after being buried underground for six months.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Simo Häyhä was a Kepuan (Maalaisliittoan at the time) and therefore not a Finn Proper at all.

So he wasn't a True Finn?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Truga posted:

Hi, I live in the area, both sides did some incredibly dumb things, but in the end italians won the dumb award, because they attacked highly fortified positions with heavy artillery support on loving mountains, lmao.

Italians were on the correct side though, and thus won the territory anyway, and half the natives got killed by fascists in the years between the wars in concentration camps or otherwise, so they definitely managed to get revenge I guess

But then they hosed it up by going back to the wrong side and losing Istria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

real answer: the main difference is what the products are distilled from. tequila is distilled from agave, while vodka is (usually) distilled from grain. i assume this bottle is a half and half mix of those two spirits

drinking this probably won't make you any drunker, but it almost certainly will make your hangover worse

I reckon that whole thing about mixing drinks leading to worse hangovers is bullshit.