Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It's like Dickbutt. It never really goes away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The answer is your mom.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Wolololo,
Now roses are too.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Powered Descent posted:

This is inspired.

I saw it first in an old meme thread. I thought it was so clever it burned itself into my brain forever.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Really don't see why we're even having this conversation. That's just 16 pictures of David Mitchell and we clearly all can easily recognize him.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

brunch with yr parents posted:

Is that dude in front pooping a shoe?

No, you can clearly tell that he just got done pooping a shoe.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

bike tory posted:

"Roses are red
I like cannoli
Hello there
General Kenobi"

It is a bad meme.

All memes are bad.

This is what makes them good.

Except Dickbutt. Dickbutt is a good meme.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Randaconda posted:

I thought it was amusing. :negative:

Yeah I thought it was pretty funny too and looking around at humans I'm going to say it's pretty accurate. Just look at all the pictures of people driving dangerously jury-rigged cars around like it ain't no thing. Three wheels and a shopping cart wheel? gently caress it, gets me to work good enough. Hey my tire just popped, my spare isn't serviceable, and I'm 100 miles away from anything on this barely used road. Oh hey I have a little cart with wheels on it in my trunk. Problem solved!

And we actively encourage poo poo like this while figuring out how to rarely actually die doing stupid human poo poo. Rampant idiocy and the ability to survive it is basically humanity's super power. If nobody dies we laugh and try to come up with another stupid stunt.

We fixed one of our god damned space shuttles coming back from the moon with a roll of duct tape. Duct. Tape. As soon as one of the guys figuring out how to get the astronauts back alive found out they had duct tape his first thought was "yup, we're in the clear."

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 23:28 on Mar 20, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
He can also do sweet car tricks and hey, somebody has to drive the car.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Fried Watermelon posted:

Don't they still do super size? And it makes more sense to do movie tie in toys rather than characters now doesn't it?

Things aren't called "super size." Now they're just standard things like small, medium, and large or just large and not large.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Speak not of the Forbidden Meme lest the Mods hear you and descend with the fury of a thousand coin tosses.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

Man that cancer *really* wants him dead my god

Oh wow, he's only 42 on top of it. Poor guy.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Hooplah posted:

This is such a cool and interesting conversation.

What do you guys like on your burgers?

I like another burger on my burger because I am an American.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Randaconda posted:

Peppers are actually hot to defer mammals from eating them, since our digestive system fucks up the seeds. Birds can't taste the heat.

The theory is that they also tend to be very brightly colored to attract things that want to eat them. Mammals go "wow, gently caress those things" while birds are all "gently caress YEAH LET ME BITE THAT!!"

It's really interesting how different things affect different creatures. Caffeine is actually a chemical defense against bugs. It completely and totally wrecks their nervous system.

To mammals it's a stimulant.

Elfface posted:

And now we farm it in massive quantities. Being delicious to humans - A survival trait

Lions are endangered. There are over a billion cows.

That also isn't limited to humans, actually. Some species of ant will farm aphids. They will take very, very good care of them and even make sure the aphids never have to walk themselves to another plant. Why? It's because aphids poop out sweet stuff that ants loving love. As long as there's ants there'll be aphids and the ants will made damned sure of that.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Phanatic posted:

Getting a shot in the nards releases endorphins in your brain, but very few people seek that out.

You must be new here. It's fine, let me explain this Earth thing for a moment. I'm a human, by the way. That's what we call ourselves. "Hyoo-maan." Got it?

Now you see human brains naturally release endorphins in response to pain. They're a neat thing; they not only dull pain but they also can create a good feeling. You see, they're actually opioids and those are chemicals that are...well they're god damned addicting is what they are. Now, our bodies just produce this stuff naturally but it's pretty stingy about actually releasing them. But see the hot sensation of eating something with capsaicin normally doesn't actually hurt you. The naturally occurring stuff? Even the hottest one probably won't do any harm so realizing that using the parts of our brains that other animals don't have we override that pain response. The reason? Endorphins. You see, the body thinks it's being hurt because that chemical does that. That's the point. It hurts so mammals don't eat them. But we aren't normal mammals. We see the lack of damage but then get that cool, happy feeling from the endorphins heading right to the brain. So we ignore the pain and enjoy the rush.

But see we don't stop there. It isn't specific kinds of pain. Ever wondered why people run until it hurts then just keep going? Same drat reason. See endorphins are a response to stress and opioids are addicting so there are people that deliberately run until they get that cool, good feeling and then just keep going. The body is freaking out because we're not supposed to run that long unless something is wrong or we're chasing food. But neither is true; we're just running. Look I know that it's a waste of calories but we don't make sense, alright? We're also prone to consuming way more fuel than we need so we had to find ways to burn it off. Yeah it doesn't make sense. I'm saying we're poorly designed. Look, we didn't choose to be this way, alright? This is just how it is.

OK we're getting off track. You can ask more questions later. There's several billion of us and we really, really like to talk about ourselves. So anyway for some people that isn't enough. Some are satisfied with selectively breeding peppers hotter than can possibly exist. Some of them are in fact hot enough to actually cause damage. So humans, being humans, have competitions to see who can eat the hottest pepper. Yeah some of that takes practice and building a tolerance but I already told you "endorphins" and "we don't make sense." Don't judge us, alright? We didn't make ourselves.

So anyway even that isn't enough for some people and "will literally kill you hot" peppers are a really recent invention. Some people, well...they hurt themselves deliberately or have other people do it for them. I'm talking "I like it when my sexual mate/mates injure me" types of stuff. Well see mating also releases endorphins so the pain can make it better for some people. Well yeah it's risky and makes no sense stop pointing out how crazy this all is, OK? This is just how we are. Anyway...endorphins feel good. That's the core of it, OK? It's a chemical out bodies make that was really intended to dull pain so we could keep functional long enough to get out of lovely situations. But it also felt good so we have people that do damaging or painful things to get endorphins. Now see getting hit in the testicles hurts really, really badly. The reason there is to motivate males to protect the testicles. They're just kind of hanging there outside the body and are easy targets. You learn real early in life if you have them that getting hit there hurts so you avoid it. But most shots to the junk aren't damaging so of course there are people who inflict pain on their testicles or like to have them hurt while mating for the endorphins. It hurts a lot so it can ultimately to a massive shot of endorphins for no actual, lasting physical damage.

Why don't we change it? I don't know man, I guess we're just used to it.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Apr 17, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Scaramouche posted:

It doesn't surprise me Zybourne Clock has kind of stayed popular in the forums, there was legendarily hilarious bad stuff going on there. What does surprise me is how much staying power it's had outside the forums, but I guess the inclusion in various games has helped that.

Imagine four goons on the edge of a cliff. One of them works for a game company. That's how references work.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Blind Rasputin posted:

Wait what the hell is something sensitive

A spin off of Something Awful. It's basically our rejects being butt hurt over being rejects.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Memento posted:

Someone run this through isthisloss and tell me what it gets

Everything with four panels is Loss.

Everything.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Hey guys I accidentally the whole meme what do I do?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Boinks posted:

Is loss the only meme that's un runnable into the ground? I mean besides Fiesta Cat obviously.

Dickbutt. Dickbutt is eternal.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Of course he's a shithead. That's what happens to you when you have to deal with young people on a daily basis.

He's a physics professor so I imagine he's dealing with young people finally getting their first taste of freedom and/or being accustomed to high school being stupidly easy. College physics is, uh...also not an easy subject so you just can't skate by it. That or engineering track students who went in because they thought "hey engineers get paid a lot I'll be an engineer!" without bothering to ask why engineers make bank.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
bretty good meem : DDDDDDDD

benis lol : DDDDD

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
LOL FUG : DDDD

BENIS IN VAGON : DDDD

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Literally Kermit posted:

I like these because the giant skeletons don’t even seem that malicious, outside of eating a cargo ship (and no one even seems upset by that). The one tangled up in the power lines is more confused than anything.

It’s like giant skeletons just showed up one day, didn’t actually attack anything, and are too much a bother to / can’t blow up, so people just kind of learned to live with it, now.

If they did show up but never really hurt anything other than occasionally eating a ship wreck or getting tangled in the power lines I figure people would just learn to deal. The power lines one is probably the best because the dudes are just like "well there he goes again. How do we get him out this time?"

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
...I only hear Moon Moon.

:cripes:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

el dingo posted:

I really don't know why human limbs need to be involved there but whatever

Putting limbs on things is funny. Like seriously, just slap a poo poo load of extra limbs on a person and laugh through the rest of the day.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
"Hyllymbyvör"

lol

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Zetsubou-san posted:

it's quite easy to proofread people since they rarely have anything of length written on them

Yeah but there's so many of them. You could never proofread them all.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Potrzebie.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LifeSunDeath posted:

Think I made it to 10y/o before I ever hit a tin that actually had cookies in it, used to think they only had sewing poo poo.

Glad I'm not the only one. When I finally had those cookies holy moly was it a revelation!

Now as a boring adult I kind of wish I could find those cookies so I could eat them then use the tins to store poo poo.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

how is this so universal

A large, round tin container like that is absurdly useful for keeping poo poo in. It fits in basically every cupboard ever and they stack very nicely.

But because it says "cookies" every kid is like "yay, cookies!" and opens it only to find not cookies.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

When someone posts the suicide hotline number on social media

To be fair some people don't even know it exists in the first place. This is part of why Google puts the phone number and the website as the first listing if you type things that sound like you're trying to hurt yourself. Suicidal and severely depressed people are often also in a state where they don't want to bother the people they know with their problems so it can be easier to talk to a stranger.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Does microwave even post anymore or has he been transcended by his mom?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DiggityDoink posted:

lol this sounds like some really bad slam poetry now

Not enough bongos.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dannywilson posted:

that is absolutely a parody/head-nod at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQgXeY_zi4

Wait, what? When was that ever a meme? It's a great video and a great song but...

...holy crap it has 133 million views when did that happen?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Trebuchet King posted:

it's called caravan palace fuckin owns man

drat right. I've been listening to them for like a year and a half now. I just didn't expect to see that many views on that video.

Good for them, though. They deserve the attention.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

I think its more
code:
IIIII

code:
IIIII
  '
:shrug:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Xun posted:

the thing that freaks me out about that meme the most is that the white lady is super loving thin. I don't think humans should be that skinny and to me she just looks less delicate and more like...needs to get help for anorexia :stare:

Bell curves and all that. When you have literal billions of people you can find adult humans that just kind of...ended up that tiny. Sometimes the body just gets to 4'10" and 90 pounds and goes "alright, I'm done." Under normal circumstances yes a fully grown person shouldn't be all that tiny but it's really the opposite end from the people that grow over 7' tall.

My guess is that they also picked the tallest black guy performers they could find and then did some camera angle tricks to make them look even bigger. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were a bunch of like 6'3" guys that were standing on boxes behind her. She's also sitting cross-legged so she looks smaller than she is.

edit: Looking closer the dudes are also leaning forward which makes it look like they're looming. Your brain just kind of registers that as them being bigger than they actually are. The dude farthest to the right isn't leaning and is the biggest so you kind of just assume the rest of them are also that big.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 11:21 on Jun 24, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I can't open chips without power tools. Because I am a man, you see.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Laterite posted:

Ben Franklin would absolutely approve of doing this.

Yeah that face is "come on, bro. That's all you can handle? You are like a baby. Watch this."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Karate Bastard posted:

Hey guys. It just occurred to me. How does the water get back up?

This is a disaster waiting to happen!

Terry Pratchett actually answered that. He said "arrangements are made."