Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Please do not disparage Japan in my presence

OP said unearned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

You haven't played MTG in two decades, so you haven't seen any of the super-broken poo poo that results in Ruin Crab just being mid in the current game

…I’m listening.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

CitizenKain posted:

Old versions of Magic had a bunch of cards that were essentially designed to piss everyone off.

Old versions of Magic, the rules stated you put one of your own cards up as the prize for winning or losing. If your super amazing card was randomly selected as the ante, maybe a draw is the preferred outcome.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
For what it’s worth, I showed the “free queen” meme to three friends of mine with ratings between 1600-2100. They all chuckled sensibly, so it’s a good meme.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

sebmojo posted:

I've been watching a bunch of Anna cramling chess videos and they are really fun. She just loving loves chess, man.

Have any suggestions in particular?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Here’s my problem, I have about a dozen “sensible chuckles” a day. I’m kinda chasing one of those laughs where you can’t catch your breath and cry before passing out.

Somewhere in this playlist is a scene that should meet your demand. I don’t remember when exactly it happens, so I guess you’ll have to watch the entire series.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHSbAz1hu9sSeapwasHHUbOfhkzKA0usj

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Okay, that was pretty funny.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

This sounds stupid as gently caress

In fairness, a lot of plots for books/movies/religions sound stupid as gently caress. If you can suspend disbelief then they may still be entertaining.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I want more Naandalf/Flandalf memes. Give me Japandalf, Handalf, and Demolition Mandalf.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

These are great. Keep them coming!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Kiavahr posted:

Some guys did a nearly shot for shot stealth remake like a year ago, as an animated kids movie. Kept all the racial jokes even, just swapped out people for cats and dogs. I thought I was hallucinating until the Mel Brooks cameo appearance and it clicked

You can’t type this and not link to the finished product.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank.

Thanks. :tipshat:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

Isn't Finnish just an incomprehensible slur of consonants and alcohol?

You’re thinking of Hungarian, which is a related but separate language.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Cool who was he?

If I’m remembering correctly, he’s the reason the Affordable Care Act was neutered from its original scope.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I thought initially that the powder was pure nitrogen fullerene, rather than (I assume) normal carbon fullerene with a nitrogen atom trapped inside. Was going to say that $140,000,000 would approximately pay for rebuilding the lab after each attempt to synthesize a gram of N60 molecules.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

That’s not an edit. The organization there was originally called “Wilmington Health Access for Teens”, but around the time of the abortion clinic bombings and the political assault on Planned Parenthood, they changed the exterior to something more anonymous. :sigh:

Across the street from that building is one of the best restaurants in existence.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Unperson_47 posted:

loving legit loving these surveyor memes

Hyperlynx posted:

Yeah, niche memes are the best. The less I know about the subject the better. It's fun getting little windows into the worlds I know nothing about :allears:

Agreed on both counts. Thanks for brightening my morning!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah they're in Lapland.

Now you’re just making up Scandinavian countries.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

:golfclap:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Antigravitas posted:

Me, who is trying to find his glasses

Wait, this is in the German language and also funny. I thought that wasn’t allowed.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

`Nemesis posted:

this thread is surprisingly free of bear memes

Not that the bear memes themselves aren’t funny, but the reason for the bear memes is a bit depressing.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

ButterNBacon posted:

Not everyone has your dad and SO

Edit: oh poo poo new page... Uh

I call shenanigans. Fascicilate isn’t even a real word.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

when I was five, I though vision worked by some kind of seeing-ray shooting out of your eyes. It made sense at the time.
(And then much much later I read that the ancient greeks believed this too for like a thousand years, calling it emission theory, up until someone pointed out that this meant things should be easier to see if more people look at them. So five year old me was at least as smart as the philosopher Empedocles?)

Did five-year-old Tree Bucket figure out why they needed an external source of light in order to see stuff? Seems like “darkness” is a bit of a refutation to emission theory, but the Wikipedia page is strangely silent on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Guessed what it might be before looking. Was not disappointed.