Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

That be some BULL poo poo. Eno is a useful influencer, but he gets sooo much more musical credit than he actually did. Next they'll be saying he was responsible for the Low album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Wasn't everyone well sick of Star Wars just a month or so ago, hated the new movies and was generally in the toilet? So all it takes is a Muppet babies version and we all love it again?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Boulez should be Bartok. hrmph :colbert:

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Their first album was bad 70s heavy metal, and then it took them a bit to become living gods surpassing genre definition.

Arrgh! Rush is not Metal. Next you'll be saying Pink Floyd is prog

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

FFT posted:

Harold "Hal" Prince, stage director

Here's the article that's pulled from

I thought they were talking about Prince as in "Prince", who would have declared the cast to be "Slinky MFs"

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Bad Wolf posted:

"'Allo 'Allo" is so freaking weird when you think about it.

- It's a sitcom made in the UK, so everybody speaks English in it
- But it's set in France, so everybody* is supposed to be speaking French
- "French" is just English with a French accent
- So Crabtree, who thinks he's fluent in French, makes errors, like saying "Good moaning" instead of "Good morning", meaning that to the viewer, he's crap at English-with-a-French-Accent-French.

*Except the Germans**, who are supposed to be speaking German, but are just speaking English with a German accent. Also, I have no idea what language is "really" being spoken when a German and French character interact.
**And the Italians, who speak like Mario "What-a mistake-a to make-a"

Can't remember, because it was about 50 goddamn years ago, but was it also that when the British pilots talked to them in a regular English accent, no-one could understand what they were saying?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Ugh. Shouldn't it be "does anyone know this loving guy who's been throwing car batteries in the harbour?" Jeez come on

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Loving these, maybe something something Shiploads vs Chickenfeed? Hartz vs Cascade?

RIP Mr Toast in Sandy Bay

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

It's 3am somewhere

I must be lonely

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Assuming that's Holst's piano, yes

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

owl_pellet posted:

brak internatu

woah woah woah since when does the dinosaur jump and run??

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Big Dick Cheney posted:

I'm Karl Pilkington

Little fellas, an that

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Stoatbringer posted:

"Rowsdower"? :confused:

Well, my name is Bilge Stinkwater!

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

That joke woulda KILLED 15 years ago

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

did you know there's a les mis fighting game?

Yeah, if you keep bringing up les mis, I'll fight you

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Bar Ran Dun posted:

It is three movies, there could be three fucks.

That's 3 more than I give, mate

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Mauser posted:

This is also later proven when he pretends to be electrocuted by the fence.

Here's the thing right, if you were going to test a huge electric fence you wouldn't go the full two hand monkey grip right? You'd put a stick on it or something. So obviously he knew for certain the power wasn't on.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Here's the thing, right, he fucks the pie, fair dos, whatever. But you've got Eugene Levy there afterwards, one of the funniest dudes in movies, and it seems like he's going to deliver a killer punchline, and all we get is "well... we could just tell your mother we ate it"?? That's poo poo. Write a proper line. I dunno, something like "that's what I call a banana cream pie!" Come on

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Lol I just noticed that the "company" that's coming over is in military uniform

Two military uniforms showing up at your door does not sound like good news...

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

BonHair posted:

Wasn't she shagging a photographer for a while?

Did he have a million pounds and a boat? She had standards, y'know

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

This is the most hilarious twitter thing, but god drat it for lodging the phrase "sniff those stinkers" in my thoughts

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Except here's the thing, a lot of white dudes who play guitar think John Mayer is great and would love to be compared to him and his lovely music. :sigh:

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

We regret to inform you that Eekum Bokum is racist.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Godspeed, Chester Cheetah

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

An Andy Capp comic strip joke, back in meme form after 40 years? Well now

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

donquixotic posted:

No joke, when I heard The Amazing Randy died I thought it was that bloke from Eurotrash who had his cock dressed like a wand

Wow! I bet you, me and Mrs Chrpno are the only people in the world who would get that reference. That was a fun show.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Could the four corners be the Joker in the acid?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Jestery posted:

Look Cobba, if I wasn't so cooked from the servo kebab and in me loving tracky dacks I'd grab some grog from the bottle-o and smash youse upside the head

Impost(e)r! No Aussie has ever said "upside the head". It's "bash yer noggin" or something

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

oldpainless posted:

I saw some David Cross conversation like 2 pages ago and had to share my opinion thusly: David cross is funny as a character on screen but his standup is really bad.

It took me a long time to make the realisation after listening to his standup CD for a while: there's no jokes! It's just stories and stuff. What's that routine on there about him getting drunk with a country band? What is point? I guess it's fine for a quick laugh on a night out but we shouldn't take it as an artistic document.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

one might even say she was calm and that it was a .jpg file type of picture, a calm.jpg if you will

Why do y'all keep saying this? Who cares what the file name is? other than goons wanting to prove their mastery of forums lore

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

very NWS OC:

https://imgur.com/nddmcUO

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Indecisive posted:

this is the most boring attempts at roasting .jpg's ive ever seen

Ah you kids these days. That website goes back to the stone age and was top entertainment in its time, Cliff Yablonsky for fast food joints. The phrase still pops into my head whenever I see an old Pizza Hut.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

smellmycheese posted:

Much like his fellow posh Oxbridge Brit Dickie Dawkins - John Cleese has pissed all over his legacy and goodwill with his terrible, brain dead Twitter posts

lol if you read twitter

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Hyperlynx posted:

This made me go and look up what "gabagool" actually is, and I found https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/how-capicola-became-gabagool-the-italian-new-jersey-accent-explained , which was pretty fascinating.

I wonder if there's anything similar going on with the Australian-Italian community, since a cursory Wikipedia suggests they came here mostly around the time that they went to the USA, or before.

Seems to me the Aussie Italians are much more traditional than their American cousins, here they still hold the customs of their Nonnas and Nonnos in high regard, and the young ones go out of their way to pronounce old words correctly. There isn't the same kind of mangling of language as in the US.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm sorry, I lasted about 1½ seconds. Is there a version where I don't have to listen to that guy?

I think it's just a "funny" impression of someone/something we're meant to know about.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Fun trivia fact to impress your boomer parents: it's also the only Beatles track in which none of The Four play any instruments

Ahem, boomer rebuttal, She's Leaving Home, Good Night, possibly Revolution 9

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

freeedr posted:

Ok but who is the comedian pretending to be the flight attendant from the video because he’s a funny guy

Eddie Murphy's back!

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Same, I once saw bigshot enviro-science guy Tim Flannery coming out of a KFC with burger in hand. So much for ecology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Why is Stevie Nicks singing someone else's song?