Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh i could see fate/apocrypha winding up on some weird service, speaking of it. It's the kind of 'spinoff to a known franchise' thing that those newer services seem to like snapping up. Like the danmachi spinoff from this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol you're right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

I can't tell who most of those are supposed to be, but the top left one is extremely my poo poo.
mordred is my girlfriend too, op

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jackard posted:

Who is the dude that looks like Dracula
got it in one

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fmp s2 was kind of eh and they made FREAKING MUNTO TV!!!!!! within that timeframe. i think people just forget the average shows kyoani made in the past.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Maybe they should consider learning what these things mean.

honorifics aren't nearly as meaningful as people like to pretend they are and their meaning can be communicated via tone and good performances/writing

edit: also most modern dub vas are okay and jp vaing isn't as good as people like to pretend it is, either. however a lot of dub scripts are pretty bad. see: the funi dragon maid dub scrubbing out like seven instances of implied romance and adding in some weird lines because funimation is run by rick santorum

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/866304044175736832

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont care about chihayafuru getting a dub but the fact that it's getting a dub means it'll probably get a us dvd release, which near as i can tell it never did

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Isn't Berserk really popular? Couldn't they have afforded good animation?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it is popular enough that they keep trying but not popular enough to get the ridiculous animation budget necessary to do the manga justice. i wish there were more projects like hellsing ultimate.
neither of these is how animation works

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the director of berserk is a really talented 2d guy who has never worked with cg before working on berserk
and also he's a talented comedy director

it's why all the quick cuts and stuff are so unintentionally comedic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looking forward to some more weird posts about shuuichi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

i see you decided to get a head start by making one
gotta get ahead of the game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not watching this well-written, well-directed drama unless two girls kiss so i can jerk off to it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

There are other reasons two girls would kiss, I think.
gently caress off

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

how about we just have one girl that's legal for other girls to kiss, but if you kiss any other girl you get executed. Responsible lesbians who can wait for their appointment with the kissgirl can live normal lives, dangerous lesbians are removed from the population.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

how about we just have one kyoani anime that ends with a confirmed romance, but if any other kyoani anime ends with confirmed romance kyoani gets executed.

Cake Attack posted:

i dont think thats were notable poster grouchio was coming from

that said hyouka s2, the one where they kiss, when

agreed, i want him to kiss irisu.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

i cant remember who that is but i think ive been trolled

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/zoid9000/status/871501480859025408

about the new symph season, natch.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

Story:
Weeks after the end of the "Magical Girl Incident" brought about by the alchemist Carol, the appearance of Alca-Noise have not ceased. While chasing their origin, the Symphogear girls come across 3 new alchemists who stand in their way.

New cast:
Cagliostro - Shouta Aoi
Saint-Germain - Minako Kotobuki
Prelati - Rina Hidaka

Character descriptions:
Saint-Germain - A Bavarian Illuminati alchemist. Born as the daughter of a slave, she believes that "no person should be controlled by anyone else."
Cagliostro - An alchemist who is a member of the Bavarian Illuminati group that has caused chaos throughout the world. Together with the others, they control a sacrist known as "Youaltepuztli."

july issue of newtype leaked. behold, the plot of symhphogear season 4.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/jyudo_fu/status/872086003963412480

casual outfits for the s1 girls. also no concert in the first ep, big rip. also thomas romain is still checking/approving the designs but he isn't directly designing anything this season.

https://twitter.com/zoid9000/status/872111235483004928

also this is why it took like over a year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eromanga is okay and just about everyone on this forum has a show they like with something weirder going on

source: i like symphogear and lol @ the fine/chris scenes in s1

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Did anyone try Atom: the Beginning, I don't think I saw a single person mention it.

the op is good. the first ep was kinda boring. that's my review.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dav's right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

also banning mention/discussion of a show is dumb as hell

time to begin my 17 part feminist analysis of kodomo no jikan

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Knorth posted:

I can't remember what Violet Evergreen was meant to be about but that art looked nice
iunno either but apparently it'll have a good amount of action

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/876148285081239552
https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/876148777538670592

first PV reveals a lot of seiyuu and the second PV has some cool action previews and Jeanne d'Arc's bare b—
weird how much more rainbow they made vlad's hair. it all the recent art it's green only at the very tips, it's only in the original concept art back when apocrypha was a game where it's drawn green halfway up like that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

now i have to read centaur's worries just to see if relin is just being an idiot
even if he's right about the author's political beliefs, he's still an idiot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

mangaka of a story that opens up with mythological beasts comparing vaginas: i think everyone should kiss everyone, and minorities shouldn't be oppressed

relin: well this got weird
wait is that actually the weird political beliefs he was referring to

holy hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eromanga-sensei has some of the best character animation of the season and probably the last few years, and is a huge showcase for young, upcoming animators that are capable of doing more than just action. unfortunately, it's also eromanga-sensei.

• Locked thread