Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

nantsute tsuchatta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

Is anyone else watching suka suka? I took a chance with it and the world building is pretty neat. It has a bit of a fatalist claymore vibe to it.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'm not entirely convinced it's smart enough to stick the landing like I want it to, and it could probably use more episodes than it has, but it's got a good shot at being my AOTS. It's a reasonably pretty show and I quite like its tone and character work.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kater posted:

Haruhi is a poor man's Yuyushiki.

Not to demean either show but wait what

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if there is a dub you like of a show and you can't speak japanese, i don't really see the point of watching the sub instead.

A dub can be good while still having worse performances than the original. Madoka, Haruhi come to mind.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

it's good when honorifics aren't preserved in dubs

Depends on the show, IMO. K-On or any other show about Japanese people who live in Japan and speak Japanese should leave them in, something like Gundam or Izetta or something where there's no strong reason to think that people are speaking Japanese specifically don't need to bother.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hyouka is actually the best KyoAni.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Yes, please, and thank you.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Flower posted:

the second OVA follows up on all of gabe's tender moments in the show; little stuff peppered throughout the show suggests even if gabe becomes a lazy otaku she'll still be a soft-hearted angel at her core, but it never leads to any substantial character moment for the series

well, this ep does that. it's a cathartic, fitting end to the series. go check it out if you finished the show (the subbed release by Mori is good)

Yeah, I liked it quite a bit. Normally I'd be a bit confused at such a decisive ending to the series being relegated to an OVA, but this was enough of a tone shift that it makes sense.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The season had shows I have consistently enjoyed ergo it is a success for me

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Frederica is good.

I can still hear myself going "oh no, no no nooooooooooooooo- OH MY GOD AWWWWWWWWWWW"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Re:Creators confirmed to be killing characters off now. Considering I specifically said a few eps in "this is kinda neat, but I hope these characters don't start dying off," that's probably a drop for me. Alas.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lots of people on my twitter feed seem to love sharkteeth, but fuuuuuck I couldn't stand her. She's not even doing that much actual evil poo poo, more just standing around and invincibly mocking everyone when bad things happen.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kater posted:

Show seems fine I don't know what you were expecting to be this harsh on it.

Better pacing, lighter tone, more compelling villains.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dudermcbrohan posted:

it's maaya sakamoto playing a hammy murderer trying to stir poo poo up. what's not to love

That she has precisely one dimension, doesn't feel as smart to me as the show seems to want me to think that she is, and isn't really a very clear or interesting foil to any of the characters I actually like or want to root for. The show as a whole is falling to the trap where most of the conflict is arising from characters making and clinging to dubious assumptions for dear life - which would be more forgivable if the show hadn't just established that this can and will get characters I like killed.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 3, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I hope the new Eupho's good, though S2's ending really didn't land well for me at all and makes me a bit wary of how they'll handle new material.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Chitanda would be very sad if Oreki kissed Iris. Why would you want to make Chitanda sad?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Holy poo poo, this week's episode of LWA dropped a major bombshell

I read up on what happened, and yeah that sounds like a pretty clever twist, even if it is too little too late for my tastes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just as long as these new alchemists aren't breaking Gears every other goddamn episode...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh jesus

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Symphogear's kind of snuck up on me. Didn't really hit till today that it's right around the corner. It'll be good to have it back.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

technically true

E; wait, no, I take it back, please

You lack the strength of your convictions

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Huh, Symphogear's starting pretty early, it seems. Or else New Game is starting pretty late. 10 days between 'em.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:same:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Everything I've heard about the show can be summed up as "Oh hey this is a lavishly animated and actually pretty funny and charismatic show/cast, shame it's centered around a 12 year old who wants to gently caress her Onii-chan."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

How'd they localize "Ki Ni Narimasu" anyway?

• Locked thread