Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't they bend over backwards for UBW's first two episodes and Re-Zero for several episodes being extra-long? You'd think that a production whose original creators involve Osamu "Manga's Big Daddy" Tezuka and Naoki Urasawa, they'd get a bit more leeway into getting a good spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

also both the shows wark listed were late-night, so the extra slot time was paid for by the production company just like the others. assuming 8 double-length episodes, that's already more than a single cour.
Ah, gotcha.

AnoHito posted:

Pretty sure there's a difference between "please give us a few more minutes these couple of times" and "the show is going to need to be longer every single week."
What did they do with Katanagatari (when it originally aired, because if I don't misremember, the re-airing chowed down on the noitaminA block)?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AnoHito posted:

You mean the show whose gimmick was airing once a month? I think that counts as a bit of a special circumstance.
Man, it's been 6 years and a half since the last episode came out. :corsair:

I legit forgot its gimmick. Even the novels were published once a month during '07. I still like Yoshimasa Hosoya's portrayal of Shichika a bunch. He has a really natural type of voice which sometimes is super hard to find.

I'm guessing that's what they were aiming at with the non-VA actors they picked to voice Satoru from Erased, despite the fact that Hosoya woulda probably crushed it just like he did in Katanagatari.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fangz posted:

I think Chitanda and Ibara should kisss,
Yeah, that'll learn that jerkface Fukube!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Do I need to know anything about the game to enjoy it? I do like me some cute demon girls. :blush:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Space Flower posted:

don't need to have played the game to watch the show, but the plot is pretty 'vanilla JRPG' in how they set up the cast and conflicts, compared to like, rage of bahamut just flying off the handle with fun chars. it has some fight scenes where the animators responsible went nuts, and it has a few fun side eps (incl. more to come!) but sadly cute demon girl only features for a few scenes in one episode.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

As someone who never played the game, I really enjoyed some of the middle side eps of granblue, but the show as whole is pretty unremarkable.
Not bothering with it then.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

If only Dick could have been here to see it.
Wait, is Richard Spacious, Certified Public Accountant, supposed to be Kircheis in this post? :aaa:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can I submit more than one thread title suggestion? If so...

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Summer Season 2017: An Old Goddess came from the Shores Of Hell!

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Soft and Clean and Beautiful but everything went black: Summer Season 2017

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Summer Season 2017: Love Knows no gender, alternate worlds or of Business Hours

e: I am dumb

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 18, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

fannysonally, feel like we can skip that chapter
You're gonna make Isabeau sad! :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

an actual dog posted:

Centaur's Worries is the woke monster girl anime
Wasn't that the one with the beefy teacher?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Command Ant posted:

Summer Season 2017: I got 99 worries and a centaur's each one

There wasn't really anything I wanted to watch this season, which turned out okay for me because I was planning on using this season to rewatch and catch up on some things and I've been real busy anyway. The only thing I kept up with was Shuumatsu.

I tried to keep up with Alice to Zouroku and Sakura Quest. Are either of those two worth picking back up?

Alice and Zouroku is fun. One of the main characters is the grumpiest old man with a heart of gold you'll find (voiced by Solid Snake, even!). Sakura Quest is a P.A. Works original show about cute girls working (usually) boring jobs. If you liked previous P.A. Works shows about Cute Girls working (usually) boring jobs, then this will most likely appeal to you.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AnoHito posted:

I thought both were good, but Tanya is definitely the better of the two, and you should probably skip MonMusu if you're the type that gets angry about fanservicey harem anime.

Also curious about this. I dropped it a couple of episodes into season two when it sort of started to get dull and predictable.
The second season had its troubles, but I still think that it's the 2nd best 21st Century Gundam by a long margin. Also has what is very likely to be one of the most brutal, mean-spirited and heart-wrenching endings in all of the Gundam metaseries.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can say a lot about Iron-Blooded Orphans, but you can't deny how SAVAGE that last episode was.

:black101: personified.

e:I am dumb.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 19, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Strange Quark posted:

What's the point of putting all of this in spoiler tags.
I can be really dumb sometimes. Post has been corrected (to a point).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

I'mma be super loving mad if this week's ending to YowaPedal was a fake out. Like holy poo poo.

Also Eromanga deployed the nuclear option last episode. That is probably the best show of the season but also gosh it would have been great if the people making it had made anything else instead.
Wait, Eromanga was good? Wasn't the premise basically "Oreimo 2.0 but about light novels instead of Visual Novels / Erogames"? Or are you trolling? I honestly do not know.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This conversation went to a weird place. So, who's making the Summer Thread?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

industrialization being bad sounds a hell of a lot more interesting than whatever the rest of LotR was about. All that sweaty, fiery bro bonding between the bearded bear and the skinny blonde effeminate twink and they didn't even gently caress.
Be the change you want to be. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Does Zorak even use these forums anymore? I thought he burned out for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

How'd they localize "Ki Ni Narimasu" anyway?
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. :colbert:

• Locked thread