Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

El Burbo posted:

spicy wolf vibes...bantering travelers slowly building a relationship in medieval fantasy world...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Jackard posted:

Speaking of which,

I'm glad there's a Monopoly game that accurately models runaway inflation.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

MyAnimeList.net Top 10 Most Popular Anime Spring 2017
  1. Eromanga-sensei
  2. Berserk (2017)

Help, I can't decide which one to be more annoyed/depressed about!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

littleorv posted:

Eromanga sensei is gonna own

I want to like it from the title alone; is it not going to be weird incest poo poo? Because I'd watch the hell out of it if it isn't.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

It's about a guy who writes light novels and his hikkikomori sister who draws the erotic illustrations for them.

Well, yeah, the part without "little sister" is the part that makes me want to watch it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Davincie posted:

hanasaku iroha, shirobako and sakura quest are all three part of the 'working' series. so described by PA works themselves. PA works wants you to compare them, because they themselves have made them part of a series 'about people and their jobs'

That implies that PA Works is going to keep making nice shows about people working, which I am fine with.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

okay this anime seems fu - uu-

NO. BAD! BAD!

The Fresh Princess (male) of Bel-air

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Western game references in anime are always good

:hai:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Mirage posted:

the MC seems more interested in drawing out his shut-in sister and building a familial relationship with her than anything romantic. Er, so far anyway.

That's what most people thought about Oreimo, too...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

chumbler posted:

The coverup is always part of the conspiracy.

Being part of an elaborate conspiracy like that seems stressful. He should take some time off to relax.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

I can only handle a 3/10 moe rating. Where does that put me?

In with the normies. Report to the chat thread for your ban.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Shirobako: The FLAMETHROWER!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

You know I honestly don't remember.

I do remember they made Mercutio kind of a lame jerk.

That's disappointing. Mercutio was the best character in that play.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fangz posted:

Look, I'm pretty much going to assume any upcoming show is poo poo until they prove themselves otherwise and so far what I know of the show and the people doing it doesn't come close to doing that. This just looks like your standard high schoolers battling monsters/fighting in tournaments LN except I guess this time it skipped the LN step. Maybe it'll turn out really good, but I'm more befuddled by the enthusiasm than anything else. That's where I am at.

Source your quotes

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Truga posted:

It worked for LWA!

Well, mostly...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Not a show with full length episodes, but how much does it cost to make a season of Teekyuu?

*opens up wallet*

Wow, I'm pretty broke! I barely have enough to fund three seasons of Teekyuu!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

That's my dream too!!

Haruhi post-Disappearance is pretty mediocre so probably better it stays dead tbh.

Haruhi post-Disappearance is about as good as Haruhi pre-Disappearance, and KyoAni would make them amazing regardless.

E: ^I would agree that none of them are as good a point to end though, and the author seems to be too lazy to actually finish the series...

AnoHito fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 19, 2017

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Everything Burrito posted:

But aren't a lot of the issues people have with dubs due to editing scripts to fit to lip-flaps better or awkward phrasing on the part of voice actors who are trying to follow mouth animations that don't match what they have to say? I don't think it's entirely fair to discount the connection between the original voice over and the animation and dismiss it entirely as apples and oranges compared to live action performance even though it's true there is a huge difference between them.

It honestly seems to be a lot more with awkward translations that over-localize far too often and there always seeming to be at least one god awful VA in every show. I'm pretty sure lip flaps in anime can generally be worked around pretty easily, see: any of the abridged series.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

those aren't a fair thing to bring up for this, dbza at least edits the hell out of the video to make it fit

Okay dbza does't count because I'm pretty sure their editor is actually insane. Yugioh Abridged, however, didn't even really edit the video at all until like 20 episodes in, and the standard response was barely even noticing he changed anything.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

There Bias Two posted:

It gave me the impression that it was trying to go for the same sort of relaxing feel as Mushishi, but failed miserably at it.

That's weird, because to me, it has succeeded where Mushishi failed.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lich. regardless of what she calls herself, that's a lich.

No phylactery, no lichdom.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:toot:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think Dav does want to gently caress his little sister, so I guess I don't believe him

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Didn't they bend over backwards for UBW's first two episodes and Re-Zero for several episodes being extra-long? You'd think that a production whose original creators involve Osamu "Manga's Big Daddy" Tezuka and Naoki Urasawa, they'd get a bit more leeway into getting a good spot.

Pretty sure there's a difference between "please give us a few more minutes these couple of times" and "the show is going to need to be longer every single week."

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Ah, gotcha.

What did they do with Katanagatari (when it originally aired, because if I don't misremember, the re-airing chowed down on the noitaminA block)?

You mean the show whose gimmick was airing once a month? I think that counts as a bit of a special circumstance.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Talking about Tolkein having weird political views, and somehow no one brings up that like half of Return of the King was a dumb plot line that only existed so he could rant about industrialization being bad? I mean they even had to awkwardly skip it in the movie.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ranzear posted:

I have both Tanya and Monster Girls on hold still. Any letdowns there?

I thought both were good, but Tanya is definitely the better of the two, and you should probably skip MonMusu if you're the type that gets angry about fanservicey harem anime.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Did IBO stick the landing? I saw 12 eps and then waited until it was all over.

Also curious about this. I dropped it a couple of episodes into season two when it sort of started to get dull and predictable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Oh never mind then, Demi-chan kicks rear end with no disclaimer.

• Locked thread