Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Can we have a pro/con about how 90% of photos of abandoned places now use aggressive HDR? I hate it because it makes everything look so...fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

underage at the vape shop posted:

Yeah good hdr is good, the hdr that sticks out like a sore thumb, optionally going ham on the presence sliders is what I meant.

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. May be confirmation bias because I look at a lot of urbex stuff, but so much of it is this.

OTOH, back when I was young and had time to explore the ruins of my hometown (and could shake off a trespassing charge as "teenagers doing teenager poo poo"), I used to leave a camera on bulb on a tripod and "paint" big rooms with a maglight, which isn't any less forced, so maybe I should shut up.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

DJExile posted:

son of a bitch that's a clever idea
I was doing it in the film era and didn't have immediate feedback, so the results were...imprecise. I got some cool shots out of it, though. Also would play with firing a hand held flash in a couple directions with the camera on bulb, which worked better, but was obviously much harsher.

• Locked thread