Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Urbex and HDR appeal to the masses. There's nothing wrong with that, but photographers look at photos on the reg as a hobby. You start building taste and an appreciation for composition and subtleties. I can't smell, so a lot of flavours and seasonings are completely lost on me, and a lot of things taste super good to me that are bland for everyone else. For me it owns, because "boring" food tastes the same as really good food so I always enjoy my meal. I thought about this stuff a while ago and came to the conclusion that people liking hdr or people (me included) liking pop music is exactly the same as me liking all food, except you can develop appreciation for an art. You can't grow a new nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yeah good hdr is good, the hdr that sticks out like a sore thumb, optionally going ham on the presence sliders is what I meant.

I really hate seeing steel wool in urbex photos. Loads of great old buildings in Brisbane get burned down by people doing it, so all the really awesome stuff has tight security or gets demolished pretty quickly.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Its cool but its done to death in Australian urbex and it causes fires. Literally everything cool and old has very strict security because people burn them down on the reg. Your only option in Brisbane are the stormwater drains that flood at high tide, the less guarded stuff has all been knocked down.

E: like do steel wool shots, but dont do them in buildings made of timber, built before fire regulations.

• Locked thread