Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Don't underestimate the Fault In Our Stars crowd, that made bank.

Yeah exactly. We're getting old enough that there's incredibly famous people we have no idea about. I thought that Zendaya in the new spiderman was a total unknown but nope she's extremely famous in a demo I have no idea about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

Thanks guys, you made the fact that I'm terminally old and uncool seem encouraging

The worst is when football players younger than you start retiring. :(

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Actors (especially male ones) tend to have pretty spectacular longevity to be fair so a new face does throw you. A lot of the traditional leading men are pushing 50 or just over. People talk about Ryan Gosling like he's part of the new generation of leading men but he's already 36 same with Tom Hiddleston. Even the "young" guys like Michael B Jordan and Miles Teller are 30. Yet if tradition holds they'll be doing the same kind of movies until they're 50+

So it is a bit startling to see Elgort at 23 as a lead especially if his previous stuff is out your demo. He was great in The Fault in our Stars and I'm hopeful he'll stick around.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

just got out of seeing it.

A good movie.

Felt like a joyous ode to the genre much like Wright's previous movies. The cast was exceptional as to be expected. There's something to be said for a movie that has a relatively small scope but executes it with incredible competence. While lighter in tone than John Wick or Dredd it feels similar in that talented people are just operating at their best and having fun with making movies.

At worse it leans towards being too sentimental but yeah its real neat

• Locked thread