Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Going to go see this tonight. I really excited about the buzz it has been getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I liked that Baby was a bit of a doofus. It made the character for me.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

There's a song in the movie with a bongos intro that sounds like it's going to be Apache (or Jump On It), but it's a different song. Anyone know the name of it? It's in the second half of the movie.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Thanks!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Krispy Kareem posted:

So was the guy who interfered with the robbery just a 'good guy with a gun'?

The foreshadowing in the bank parking lot made me think it was a deliberate attempt to break up the robbery, but nothing else came of it.

Also, has Edgar Wright done the uninterrupted following shots from Baby Driver in anything other than that and Shawn of the Dead?

I had been thinking about that ever since the scene. I thought we were gonna find out he worked for on of Doc's rivals or something, or that he was undercover bank security.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Samovar posted:

Yeah, I had to admit when he was first up, I thought he was sent there to kill Baby and the rest on the very last job by the boss. It was the fact he had one of those one-handed machine guns that looked gold that made me think he was supposed to be a hitman undercover. Would have been better if he had a rifle.

Yeah, that's what threw me too. That gun seemed a little weird and out of place, and just sitting there like it was expecting to get used.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's completely unsurprising that Hideo Kojima loved Baby Driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It would be neat if Baby showed up for a cameo or something in a future film, but I'd rather get another original film from Wright.

• Locked thread