Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I'm a big fan of Edgar Wright's work, especially the Cornetto trilogy and Scott Pilgrim, I'd say Ant-Man too but he only did the script (though you can tell from the direction and camera shots, it was meant to be his own thing, sadly).

I've got some high hopes for Baby Driver, mainly because he really has a thing for 70's cult films, like The Driver funnily enough, so I'm keen to see what he's got planned soon.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Colonel Whitey posted:

Fair enough if it's just not to your tastes, but being less funny or slower paced doesn't make it categorically worse.

Also this post is hilarious

because these are the only films he's directed (I'm aware of Fistful of Fingers but that only played in one theater, come on)

uhh Spaced, music videos for The Bluebells, Daft Punk, and Mint Royale, Asylum, Dead Right (that student film he made with his schoolmates).

That one Pizza Hut commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27otZ9SIFnE

I know I mentioned just his films, but I have been following him for years.

and that one theater you're thinking of is the Prince Charles Cinema in London, unless it also played somewhere in a US theater years later.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 28, 2017

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
That's okay, I got what you were saying but hopefully that's cleared up now. :)

Just don't assume I don't know poo poo about my favourite director ever. got it? :smuggo:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Colonel Whitey posted:

I think I recall him tweeting about a one-off screening in the States sometime last year. It would be cool if it got a Blu Ray release, or even just included as an extra on Baby Driver like he did with Dead Right on the Hot Fuzz disc.

I think there actually was a US screening two years ago, also the cinema I mentioned did a 20th anniversary re-release for A Fistful of Fingers, I did buy a ticket but then I only went and lost it. :v:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Personally, I wouldn't recommend 'The World's End' as a standalone movie, but if you've been following 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'Hot Fuzz' (and 'Paul' even) for years, then you'd find the TWE a bit more enjoyable because, for Pegg and Frost and the fans, it feels like a swan song. (no pun intended)

Still, I found 'Shaun' and 'Fuzz' more memorable than the other films.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

strangemusic posted:

Grew up in Vancouver, lived in Toronto.

Those Canadian places get the rep, but NEVER Ottawa, even though that's the country's Capital city!

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
So the protagonist, Baby, listens to music to get into his getaway car vibes...and looking back to this Mint Royale video, the getaway driver (played by Noel Fielding) uses CDs instead of a watch to count how long a bank robbery's taking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfrcZsKcVxU

I feel like there's some connection here, I can't be the only one.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

DC Murderverse posted:

I can't tell how sincere you're being, but I'm pretty sure Wright has said that his directing this video gave him the idea for Baby Driver.

Where did he say that? Do you know the article or interview?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Huh, I didn't know he had that and the Crawl script in mind years ago, interesting.

Also I miss the old thread name. :(

• Locked thread