Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I've still never seen Hot Fuzz or Paul or At Worlds End which is a travesty because Shaun of the Dead is a masterpiece and Simon Pegg is the greatest British comedy icon since Rik Mayall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I'm going to see this in an hour, pretty much on a whim, its rare that I go to see movies so I end up doing a bit of reading up on the behind the scenes stuff before viewing. I had no idea Edgar Wright directed Spaced and Shaun of the Dead which are both favorites of mine. For some reason I've missed the rest of his work other than maybe the second half of Hot Fuzz at a friends once. Also had no idea he directed the music video for After Hours by the Bluetones which was the final leaving song for our high school prom, brings back memories that one.

Anyway, really looking forward to this, on holiday this week so sod it I'm grabbing myself a hot-dog, looks like it'll be pretty entertaining. And lets hope the movies good as well.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Had a really good time with this one, it's a lazy cliche but it felt greater than the sum of its parts, many of the individual scenes blew me away even if the main plot-line wasn't that interesting. I thought Jamie Fox was brilliant, Spacey was great, also me and the girlfriend spent the first hour puzzling over the actor who played Buddy. She thought it was Hugh Laurie at first but we finally realized it was the main guy from Mad Men which we have only just started watching.

Yeah, just a good fun movie.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
If you got bored during baby driver please attempt to watch ghost in the shell.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I dont mind that anyone disliked baby driver, its a cool movie that i enjoyed that worked for a date night with the wife. I'll probably never watch it again.

I just mentioned ghost in the shell (2017 version) because its the single most boring cinematic experience I have ever had and is my barometer for how insultingly boring a movie can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Is that a fanfic or actual background information?

• Locked thread