Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Colonel Whitey posted:

Nice, Baby Driver is an NBA Playoffs sponsor and is getting some good NBA themed prime time ads already on TNT. Looks like Sony is putting some actual money behind it, I hope it means it will do well.

With Hamm and Spacey in it they drat well better be. Glad that Wright is getting out from under the Ant-Man shitshow and getting some primetime spotlight, he deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bought my tickets to see this at the Alamo, so pumped.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't normally lavish waves of praise upon a movie but after having seen this about 18 hours ago, I have to say. The one thing I really took away from this movie is that it is nothing like anything Edgar Wright has directed previous. Yes, it has some of his tricks throughout, but if you went into it having zero idea he had directed the movie before, you absolutely couldn't say for certain that he directed this. Between Hot Fuzz, Scott Pilgrim, and this, I have to say that Edgar Wright has absolutely established himself as a director with a wide range of ability. He absolutely earns bragging about the lack of any CGI throughout the movie, as well as taking Ansel Elgort, who has been in absolute loving poo poo of teen novel adaptations, and making him act his loving rear end off between Kevin Spacey, Jon Hamm, and Jamie Foxx - I really do think Edgar has paved the road for Ansel to have a long acting career for the next few decades. He was a phenomenal character that I don't think Michael Cera could have come close to. The use of music was constant and fantastic, and the way Baby Driver works with that gimmick is absolutely phenomenal. Baby Driver drips with style and is absolutely one of the top 5 movies of the year so far, and I strongly suspect it will be my Hell or High Water of 2017.

An absolutely phenomenal film that earns every bit of praise it gets. Really shocked at just how well Edgar Wright operates out of his element and I hope it gets him freedom to direct whatever the gently caress he wants the rest of his career.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I figured he was private security hired by the bank.

• Locked thread