Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The world's end disrespect in here is disgusting. It's probably his most immaculately crafted work, followed by Scott Pilgrim. Hoping baby driver continues his streak of great films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Need to watch this again, but wow. Saw someone saying you wouldn't know Edgar made this and I disagree. The laundromat scene, especially the earbud choreography, was quintessential Wright. Way more tense than usual, and the deaths, especially darlings and spaceys were impactful. If this doesn't win sound editing this winter, we riot.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

The way the chase scenes are cut makes you miss seeing the actual impressive stuff because it shows the actors face instead of the impressive rear end driving. It was infuriating.

Best shot in the movie is the single take of baby parking the car and the camera moving in through the window to Debora saying, "ok, not a chauffeur."

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Colonel Whitey posted:

At the risk of starting up this whole discussion again, here's the entire first scene of the movie (uploaded by Sony so it's legit). The alley 180-180 is cut differently from the trailer, there's a cutaway to Jon Hamm after the first shot, which bridges the time gap between that and the cut to him coming out of the last 180. I think this helps make it even more coherent, but folks might disagree, I dunno, whatever. I'm not interested in discussing this again, just thought people might want to see for themselves. Also the scene is loving cool and now you can watch it on repeat until you die from dehydration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtZ_Zat3Ag8

Thank you. I feel that moment is good, but there are better moments in that sequence, like at 3:08 when Berenthal looks at baby, and you can see the white stripes on baby's glasses. The switcheroo with the 2 other red cars was brilliant, as well as the camera move when it exits the ramp at 3:35 as he does an almost uturn across the frame.

• Locked thread