Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Here, have the better International trailer: https://youtu.be/z2z857RSfhk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I liked that Baby was a bit of a doofus. It made the character for me.

I like that he doesn't know the right way to pronounce T-Rex.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

checkplease posted:

What was with some of the big exposition dumps by Kevin Spacey? Is this just an aspect of the heist genre? Wright's other films usually had a bit more subtlety it seemed like with background information.

Yeah pretty much. Almost every heist movie has that because, well, someone has to lay these things out. Unless you're on about him talking about Baby's condition which is one thing I actually liked because Spacey delivers it with an air of "Great, here's another crew I have to explain this poo poo to."

Also, while I love 'Brighton Rock', I don't know how anyone would pick that as their killer track over 'Stone Cold Crazy'.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

The Cameo posted:

Brighton Rock is also about a couple in love, which is the center of the movie. Stone Cold Crazy would tell the plot, but Brighton Rock tells the story.

Well...it's about two people who have a fling until the last few lines reveal the man had a wife back home.

Wright said he wanted songs that had parts of movements to them, so while 'Stone Cold Crazy' is a bit more face-shredding, 'Brighton Rock' probably suited the scene better.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Yeah I read that script. It's marked as 'First Draft Revisions', which means it was fairly early in the process. Given that Wright lists all the songs you can also see the ones that changed over time. What is impressive is that by and large it is the same script, though I thought he hadn't worked some stuff out with regards to Baby by that point. There's a sentimental streak to the movie that's missing from the script, but it sounds like the battle at the end is better in the script, or at least it's more audacious.

• Locked thread