Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
oh hello friend. I did the CCC from 2006-2007, backcountry in 2007, and then was a backcountry sponsor for a few years in yosemite. i had a thread about it ages ago but it's probably in the archives.

best thing i ever did. stick with it. i'll help answer questions in here.

make sure you do backcountry.

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
to make the experience sound less like poo poo: it's basically a military-lite experience. you get a lot of the hard work and discipline of the military without all of the shooting people. you have to work with a lot of fuckups, but that's part of the charm.

the work is pretty rewarding. if you do the backcountry program, you get to spend 6 months non-stop living and working in the woods. it's a very unique / transformative experience.

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 15, 2017

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
no poo poo.

anyhow, this video is a much better representation of the CCC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z4AoB6VHm0

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

then why the gently caress would you imply that being in the military guarantees youre gonna shoot someone?

it was a low effort post and i didnt think i needed to worry about triggering people

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i was not being literal, and my words were poorly chosen. i'm not going to defend them.

• Locked thread