Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The wallhack is pointless bc it lasts like 4 seconds and has a 50 second cooldown, and you will hear anybody who is 4 seconds away from you or expect them to be where they are anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like the guy who has the most health in the game and also has a passive where once his speed passes 400 his defense increases and contact with him damages you is the best Champion.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The new mode they added is CTF, but for somereason you have to defend the flag capture point for like 45 seconds. DUmb

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I feel like the guy who has the most health in the game and also has a passive where once his speed passes 400 his defense increases and contact with him damages you is the best Champion.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

lol you dont say

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The chick who can turn invisible and telefrag people seems really strong in the 1v1 mode.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

The new mode they added is CTF, but for somereason you have to defend the flag capture point for like 45 seconds. DUmb

This is hosed up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my personal fave is Juggernaut. sure he's slow, and he cant jump, but he starts with 400hp, the railgun and his passive (I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch) is permanent quad damage. really suits my style

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think they said they're adding an actual CTF mode, this weird Obelisk thing is what they want for their "competitive" team mode. I only played it twice but I didn't really like it very much. They probably should have just made their competitive mode CTF.

fadam fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 12, 2017

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got curious enough to just download this thing and try it cause hey maybe all the stupid bullshit works when you put it all in a blender (see: overwatch) but its not even on steam you need to download bethesda's todd.net client to loving download it lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bethesda roundtable: how can we make certain that no one even hears about this existing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

I think they said they're adding an actual CTF mode, this weird Obelisk thing is what they want for their "competitive" team mode. I only played it twice but I didn't really like it very much. They probably should have just made their competitive mode CTF.

Oh ok. I tried it twice and didn't really like it because the idea of not moving in Quake is so insanely retarded only the geniuses at Bethesda could cook it up.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

Oh ok. I tried it twice and didn't really like it because the idea of not moving in Quake is so insanely retarded only the geniuses at Bethesda could cook it up.

I don't think you actually have to stand near the point while it ticks up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Overwatch's attempt at CTF it's still full sized maps but you have to stand on the flag for 15 seconds without taking a single damage and the flag is 3 feet in front of the enemy spawn door. So practically speaking there is 100% no way to pick up a flag unless you've already killed the entire enemy team and just did it, and did it in front of their spawn already. And because of that and how the game works, if you got the flag outside of the little gated area where people spawn, there's nothing anyone can do to stop you even if you're the slowest character in the game. So most of the map is worthless. Why the hell did all the developers in the world suddenly forget how CTF is supposed to work.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Major Fail: Weapons respawn in 3 seconds in this version of Quake's TDM. I can only imagine what they'll gently caress up with CTF. Are they going to give people regenerating health. Loadouts already gently caress it up. Will you have to wait by the flag to pick it up. Will you be unable to shoot withg the flag. Maybe they'll make it so your health ticks down if you have the flag. These retards are murdering Quake in cold blood in insanely demonic and hosed up ways and it's pissing me off.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

i got curious enough to just download this thing and try it cause hey maybe all the stupid bullshit works when you put it all in a blender (see: overwatch) but its not even on steam you need to download bethesda's todd.net client to loving download it lmfao

Ilol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

In Overwatch's attempt at CTF it's still full sized maps but you have to stand on the flag for 15 seconds without taking a single damage and the flag is 3 feet in front of the enemy spawn door. So practically speaking there is 100% no way to pick up a flag unless you've already killed the entire enemy team and just did it, and did it in front of their spawn already. And because of that and how the game works, if you got the flag outside of the little gated area where people spawn, there's nothing anyone can do to stop you even if you're the slowest character in the game. So most of the map is worthless. Why the hell did all the developers in the world suddenly forget how CTF is supposed to work.

yeah it is totally atrocious in OW, blizz ftw

in advanced warfare it had a 1-flag ctf where you basically had a basketball in the middle of the map, the person who grabs it would get some extra defense but could only use melee and they had to dunk it in the enemy team's base and that's easily the best CTF ive played in many years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Titanfall 2 had fun CTF because you could zip pretty quickly around the levels but nobody played it and you could still spwan Titans in it which was stupid.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'd love to meet bright mind at Bethesda who saw the perfectly elegant, anti-camping constant-activity solution to TDM and CTF and every other mode ever made, that Quake provided 30 years ago and thought it needed to be modernized. *loads USP-S and dons a trench coat filled with smoke grenades* Todd, get ya boy a tour of the Quake HQ.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/cypheronline Here's one of the best Quake players in the world playing it. I wish I had more time to watch before work.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually I don't. It looks so fail. lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also between the last beta and this public one they patched it so that if you're shooting the LIghtning GUn but not hitting anybody with it the projectile is invisible which is retarded.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Oh also between the last beta and this public one they patched it so that if you're shooting the LIghtning GUn but not hitting anybody with it the projectile is invisible which is retarded.

It's not a projectile but wtf.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I guess the effect, not the projectile since its hit scan. But i guess people complained that you can shoot it past doors and people will see it so they made it invisible if you miss, lmfao. THank you /r/QuakeChampions!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is a really bad looking game to spectate also. When you could turn off textures and stuff the game looks timeless and it looks great on a stream.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah I guess the effect, not the projectile since its hit scan. But i guess people complained that you can shoot it past doors and people will see it so they made it invisible if you miss, lmfao. THank you /r/QuakeChampions!

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Slash used to be cool. Now she sounds like a Rugrats character.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also in this new patch if you hold right click to zoom your aim weapons do more damage.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dude.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

Also in this new patch if you hold right click to zoom your aim weapons do more damage.

Actually that's been in the game for at least a month lol

In Training posted:

oh lmao I was wondering why that was happening. I just assumed my game was glitchy.

fadam fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 12, 2017

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AT least the Lighting Gun thing is listed a "Known Issue", and will be fixed. although idk how something like that breaks

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

gently caress off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What team are you guys running in Duel? I like Sorlagg/Totem lady/charge guy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i know a few high level players set their zoom so the fov didn't change but it dropped your sensitivity so you could track really well with the lg and now quake champions had made that the most powerful thing in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
They added smoke and flash bang grenades to quake

• Locked thread