Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

:eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive being calling this game retard champions

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

Larry vs Plutonis LOL

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im not going to lie, even though everything theyve said about quake champions makes me wanna vomit all over the ops shoes, if this game leads to quake having a decent amount of players and paid tournaments i will probably buy a new pc and fall into a quake hole that leads to me getting extremely drunk on stream for a large local tournament

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The Kins posted:

you can apparently turn hero stuff off in custom games, so i wouldn't be shocked to see a "classic mode" playlist get added soon after beta starts

i can guarantee you all that will lead to is joining servers with hero stuff on and bitching no one is on the classic servers and while everyone will agree theyll be too scared to change servers

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Quake Champions - Visor

Moscow’s GRU designed Visor to be the perfect soldier. Tireless. Unfeeling. Impervious to pain and panic. A clone equipped with cybernetic enhancements, Visor is more machine than man. A mask filled with strange putrefied blood was grafted onto his face, giving him the ability to see through matter. He’s a predator through-and-through, and now the Arenas of the Dreamworld have become his hunting grounds, where he stalks the other Champions with boundless persistence.

ACTIVE ABILITY – PIERCING SIGHT

Using his Piercing Sight active ability, Visor can temporarily see through all matter, allowing him to keep tabs on any opponents who may be trying to get the drop on him. He can even use his Sight to track Nyx after she has activated Ghost Walk. Good luck trying to sneak up on a man who can see through walls.

PASSIVE ABILITY – GRASSHOPPER

Visor may be cocky about his skills, but he certainly has the speed to back up his claims. He can even keep up with the fast-talking (and faster moving) Anarki. Thanks to his Grasshopper passive ability, Visor can continually gain speed when strafe-jumping, with no cap on just how fast he can go. If you’ve got the skill, you’ll be able to keep up with anyone. Paired with Piercing Sight, Visor is a handful in Deathmatch and the perfect choice to bring along for a Duel.

Be sure to hop into the Tech Test and test your mettle with Visor.

this is the worst thing i have ever seen

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

fadam posted:

I think some of the hero stuff is neat. I like how everyone's movement is really good as a baseline (everyone can strafe jump), but a few characters have passives that give them Quake World or CPMA movement. I'm fine with it being different from QL because QL still exists and I feel like most people who play it are fine with it looking outdated because basically everyone just configs the game to look like poo poo anyway.

I think you're definitely right about the game not really appealing to a lot of people. QL never really took off, so they're obviously trying to hit the Overwatch/MOBA market with their hero system, but even if it does attract people from that demographic, I feel like most of them aren't going to like QC because its still mostly Quake and Quake is a fundamentally really hard game to get good at.

quake live actually got fairly big for a small window in like 2008-2009 but of course it was prior to the esports boom so no one cares

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

here's a big lol

Top Player Rankings from Australia for Quake Live

Player ID Player Name Total (Game) Total (Overall) % of Total
1. Australia clampOK Sabian Hayblum $6,750.00 | $10,620.00 63.56%
2. Australia Fraze Frazer Hockley $943.03 | $943.03 100.00%
3. Australia Camma Cameron Hockley $630.42 | $630.42 100.00%
4. Australia dandaking Dan De Sousa $400.00 | $400.00 100.00%
5. Australia cognition - - $81.79 | $81.79 100.00%
6. Australia PlasticBeach - - $79.16 | $79.16 100.00%
7. Australia Intro - - $77.80 | $77.80 100.00%
8. Australia rep - - $72.79 | $72.79 100.00%
9. Australia toph704 - - $39.58 | $39.58 100.00%
10. Australia Python Andrew Cha Cha $37.11 | $8,529.76 0.44%
11. Australia Josh - - $30.57 | $30.57 100.00%
12. Australia stelf - - $30.57 | $30.57 100.00%
13. Australia haymo - - $27.74 | $27.74 100.00%

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thinking of getting back in contact with my old friend haymo and seeing if what he spent his prize money on

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Before they even announced a release date for this game they announced a 2 year esports program, ladder, event schedule, pot bonuses, etc.

im going to get heavily back into quake and use the wallhack character with unlimited speed noqw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

still haven't fixed my pc :grin:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the only semi balanced wallhack i've ever seen was motion sensing in NS

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

yeah i mean the only reason motion sensing was balanced was a bunch of complex reasons that only work in the unique environment of NS as well lol. in a game where you just point and shoot and you have to move around at all times theres literally no downsides

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Also in this new patch if you hold right click to zoom your aim weapons do more damage.

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i know a few high level players set their zoom so the fov didn't change but it dropped your sensitivity so you could track really well with the lg and now quake champions had made that the most powerful thing in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Confession: I went to make a thread saying "Quake is: FPS etc" but when I typed in QUake into the thread title bar it auto-completed the rest of it, which reminded me I already made the exact same joke 3 months ago.

lol

• Locked thread