Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I like this game. I thought the hero stuff sounded stupid but in game it's really not that big of a deal. They should probably standardize movement/hp stats tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Everyone can strafe jump, but some heroes have additional movement options (Visor's strafe jump accelerates indefinitely, there's a dude who can turn really well in the air) to differentiate them.

The game is definitely fuckey but its very fast and the movement is fun.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think some of the hero stuff is neat. I like how everyone's movement is really good as a baseline (everyone can strafe jump), but a few characters have passives that give them Quake World or CPMA movement. I'm fine with it being different from QL because QL still exists and I feel like most people who play it are fine with it looking outdated because basically everyone just configs the game to look like poo poo anyway.

I think you're definitely right about the game not really appealing to a lot of people. QL never really took off, so they're obviously trying to hit the Overwatch/MOBA market with their hero system, but even if it does attract people from that demographic, I feel like most of them aren't going to like QC because its still mostly Quake and Quake is a fundamentally really hard game to get good at.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The chick who can turn invisible and telefrag people seems really strong in the 1v1 mode.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think they said they're adding an actual CTF mode, this weird Obelisk thing is what they want for their "competitive" team mode. I only played it twice but I didn't really like it very much. They probably should have just made their competitive mode CTF.

fadam fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 12, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

Oh ok. I tried it twice and didn't really like it because the idea of not moving in Quake is so insanely retarded only the geniuses at Bethesda could cook it up.

I don't think you actually have to stand near the point while it ticks up.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

Also in this new patch if you hold right click to zoom your aim weapons do more damage.

Actually that's been in the game for at least a month lol

In Training posted:

Oh also between the last beta and this public one they patched it so that if you're shooting the LIghtning GUn but not hitting anybody with it the projectile is invisible which is retarded.

oh lmao I was wondering why that was happening. I just assumed my game was glitchy.

fadam fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 12, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What team are you guys running in Duel? I like Sorlagg/Totem lady/charge guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Two of the champions talk about flipping tables.

• Locked thread