Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA&t=13s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Lmfao. Why is bunny hopping a character ability. In a quake game.

It's also something everyone else can do.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

From what I've played and seen it's sort of like they think everyone forgot how to play Quake so it will only be a bunch of people really digging into character bullshit or whatever when really if the game survives past a month everyone will just be Visor or whatever the good character is, which looks like Visor at the mome... It's pretty fail. Plus the game just doesn't feel right and it doesn't have quake engine console commands.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's kind of alright in games like Overwatch or whatever when you know where people are anyway. lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Overwatch's attempt at CTF it's still full sized maps but you have to stand on the flag for 15 seconds without taking a single damage and the flag is 3 feet in front of the enemy spawn door. So practically speaking there is 100% no way to pick up a flag unless you've already killed the entire enemy team and just did it, and did it in front of their spawn already. And because of that and how the game works, if you got the flag outside of the little gated area where people spawn, there's nothing anyone can do to stop you even if you're the slowest character in the game. So most of the map is worthless. Why the hell did all the developers in the world suddenly forget how CTF is supposed to work.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Major Fail: Weapons respawn in 3 seconds in this version of Quake's TDM. I can only imagine what they'll gently caress up with CTF. Are they going to give people regenerating health. Loadouts already gently caress it up. Will you have to wait by the flag to pick it up. Will you be unable to shoot withg the flag. Maybe they'll make it so your health ticks down if you have the flag. These retards are murdering Quake in cold blood in insanely demonic and hosed up ways and it's pissing me off.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'd love to meet bright mind at Bethesda who saw the perfectly elegant, anti-camping constant-activity solution to TDM and CTF and every other mode ever made, that Quake provided 30 years ago and thought it needed to be modernized. *loads USP-S and dons a trench coat filled with smoke grenades* Todd, get ya boy a tour of the Quake HQ.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/cypheronline Here's one of the best Quake players in the world playing it. I wish I had more time to watch before work.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually I don't. It looks so fail. lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Oh also between the last beta and this public one they patched it so that if you're shooting the LIghtning GUn but not hitting anybody with it the projectile is invisible which is retarded.

It's not a projectile but wtf.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is a really bad looking game to spectate also. When you could turn off textures and stuff the game looks timeless and it looks great on a stream.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Slash used to be cool. Now she sounds like a Rugrats character.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

The last game I played that had traditional Ctf and didn't gently caress it up somehow was tribes ascend

Except how it was in Tribes Ascend.

• Locked thread