Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have a feeling that F2P is never going away, but i loving hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I wonder if in the next few decades the period of gaming between arcades and F2P microtransaction marketplaces will be seen as the anomaly to the norm

i would say no, but that might be wishful thinking. kids will have been raised with a good 50 to 100% of the games they play being freemium poo poo with energy meters, cashshops, and pay-to-win. people still love full price premium games like BOTW, though, so i think F2P will get more common, but even someone who's grown up with F2P bullshit will know that it sucks compared to a full game.

• Locked thread