Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

As always, a hard-door shower with a garbage disposal is the superior solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

cheese eats mouse posted:

There's one in a sushi restaurant here and it's in the ladies room and it also has a seat warmer. Every girl friend I have talks about it.

Shigezo?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Munki posted:

It is pretty ridiculous to plumb three or four separate drains for the same room.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The only time I enjoyed a wet room was when staying in an extremely hot humid country. You don't mind the wet floor because it's never cold, it's always sort of soothing. You go in there and dump buckets of tap-water temperature "cold" over you and it's refreshing and good.

But most of us don't live in a tropical developing country with rare AC, outside of that you might as well just have a big shower? I mean really what's the difference between a wet room and a large shower?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The Bloop posted:

It is pretty ridiculous to plumb three or four separate drains for the same room.

:siren:Paging OP :siren:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My whole bathroom is just a giant funnel.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
All right, MiB deneuralyzer-style.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This is my bathroom ventilation irl, that's me on the toilet.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

This is my bathroom ventilation irl, that's me on the toilet.

Looks like you need a better door lock

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
With the proliferation of showers with windows extending down to dong-height, is it really surprising that someone left the door open to force others to watch them poop?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The logical extension is that rich people in high rise apartments will just poo poo directly out of the window upon the greater masses.

Not just the extension of shower architecture, of everything really.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

At a previous job our Oslo office had a sky bar on the top floor of the building. Said bar had a bathroom where the urinal wall was just a floor to ceiling window with a view of our main competitor's office building, so you could stand there and pretend to piss on the competition.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Collateral Damage posted:

At a previous job our Oslo office had a sky bar on the top floor of the building. Said bar had a bathroom where the urinal wall was just a floor to ceiling window with a view of our main competitor's office building, so you could stand there and pretend to piss on the competition.

Yes but in Norway pissing on someone is a sign of respect as its how people there used to keep each other warm

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Bad Munki posted:

Now that I think about it if my toilet had a garbage disposal it would probably solve a lot of problems.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Prison toilets do, I hear

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

But do they have a bidet???

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Why would prisoners get bidets

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Bad Munki posted:

But do they have a bidet???

Yes they are called 'cellmates'

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Why would prisoners get bidets

Same reason hospital patients do? :shrug:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

whoever posted that photoshop of the grover-esque wall of outlets, i think i found some of his work

edit: he figured "lots of computers" since it wasn't really grow-op style, which i guess means buttcoins

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 17, 2017

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

With all my electronic stuff, I wish I had that.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I wish OP would come back and tell us about the lady closet. Did he put in a big shoe rack? Just a lot of general rack storage (good for boxed clothes)? Tall and short hanging spaces so longer items can be hung properly?

Also, I have no idea what income bracket most people looking to to buy OP's house will be in and I'm not gonna go digging or anything stupid like that. But a percentageof women at most every level that can afford it have a tendency to buy a really nice vanity, and then take it with them if they move. Less-wealthy people who want one make do with a small vanity and lots of drawers on either side, but that's a pain compared to a sit-down scoot-under vanity with a surface area the size of a medium-plus computer desk, with an optional lifting top/middle section (I like the middle section idea, so I can set brushes and organizers on either side of the section) and lots of built in-drawers. Most non-beauty bloggers would be able to fit everything they own in one.

Obviously not every makeup wearer does this, especially the ones who aren't really "into" it. A built in vanity (assuming it has built-in storage and seating) would be awesome for them. But for those with vanities already, or who are excited that they're moving into a bigger home and can finally afford one, the vanity is gonna be a minus. They're gonna be tearing that fucker out to get theirs in good lighting. Or they'll put it in the bedroom (cosmetics shouldn't be stored near any humidity, ideally) and using the one in the bathroom as storage.

OP not knowing this is understandable. But it does put a cramp in his "I made this bathroom awesome for those broads" plan.

And OP, just in case you're reading. The fact that you aren't bothered by "female" doesn't mean poo poo. A lot of people are, and a lot of them aren't hairy angry lesbians, or whatever it is you think feminists are. There's actually nothing wrong with hairy angry lesbians, either, but you seem to be easily offended by women, and those are three things that men who are easily offended by women generally dislike.

The issue with "female" is that it sounds clinical and detached. No one (sane) has a problem with "female participants" in a statistical survey. Just in casual speech. Saying it's semantics is akin to saying "negro, black, whatever, it's semantics" back whenevet it was black people started pushing for "negro" to not be the default. Civil rights era? I don't know, I'm young.

It's not offensive to you, obviously. That ain't the point. This being the hill you die on, instead of any of the numerous other hills you successfully navigated, in combo with earlier remarks ("no wife to nag me," etc) and the fact that when you lost your temper, you decided to start calling women in the thread harpies or whatever, it's uh. Not a good sign. I'm not saying you're a rapist or abusive or anything, no way of knowing that. Just indicates a weird, unhealthy attitude toward women.

I say all that to try and get you to just loving think about it. I'm not judging, the world is rife with assholes who have crap attitudes about women. And women make mistakes, when men seen to be raised with the idea that if a woman makes a mistake, she's a useless harpy bitch slut, or whatever. It's easy to understand why men get these attitudes.

What's not easy is any sort of healthy relationship with someone who doesn't share them. And, assuming your standards are as high as you implied, a lot of the women you go after aren't going to have them. Which night be part of the problem. Confirmation bias and all, dude.

Good luck with your bathroom.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But you need to check what kind of drain you have before you poo poo in the tub.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Guys I found a future video of OP's house

http://i.imgur.com/ysGO9IT.mp4

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Ikke gjør dette hjemme ("don't try this at home") is a Norwegian national treasure.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 17, 2017

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Actually, the term "female" is being used more in casual conversation nowadays as a synonym for "cisgender woman." I don't agree with it, but gender related language is really vague and people are both misusing and creating a bunch of terms to describe specific groups of people.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
That's ridiculous-- are we supposed to refer to cis men as "males" too now, or is it only women who need their genitals alluded to in everyday conversation?

Cut the joists out of the world and let the bathtubs fall.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Good luck with your bathroom.
This is a really great post!

Konstantin posted:

Actually, the term "female" is being used more in casual conversation nowadays as a synonym for "cisgender woman." I don't agree with it, but gender related language is really vague and people are both misusing and creating a bunch of terms to describe specific groups of people.

Dude, don't "actually" something like this. And no, reducing a group of people to an adjective is always pejorative. "Females," "blacks." It communicates that you find that one physical attribute so distracting you failed to notice anything else about the person.

Lowkey misogynistic goobers like the OP say "females" for two reasons, neither of which they could articulate. It's equal parts wanting to say "bitches" but vaguely sensing that wouldn't go over well and feeling uncomfortable making a choice between "girls" and "women."

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
jesus loving christ

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Konstantin posted:

I'm so glad that you donned a fedora before posting about how you perceive gender. It really added to the conversation.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

OSI bean dip posted:

I'm so glad that you donned a fedora before posting about how you perceive gender. It really added to the conversation.

Let me, a man, explain when and where you should get upset about the use of the word "female"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have never had a casual conversation in real life about gender. :shrug: but then I've spent my adult life in a place where people get called "duck" or "love" no matter the gender. Took my dad quite some time to get used to being called love by bus drivers.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Konstantin posted:

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

elise the great posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > DIY & Hobbies > Complete bathroom overhaul - Cut the joists out of the world and let the bathtubs fall.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

learnincurve posted:

I have never had a casual conversation in real life about gender. :shrug: but then I've spent my adult life in a place where people get called "duck" or "love" no matter the gender. Took my dad quite some time to get used to being called love by bus drivers.

That's nottingham? I forget if it was the midlands or the northwest, but I was forewarned about being called duck and it still really threw me off.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Whatever happened to just using the term "ladies" to describe women?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Whatever happened to just using the term "dames" to describe women?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I just call everyone and everything "dude."
Why yes, I am from California and that term is gender neutral.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You find it north of Nottingham all the way to stoke, it's a corruption of duka which is the Anglo-Saxon word for duke. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

"Greetings, fellow human" is age and gender neutral, but people still look at me weird. :shrug:

• Locked thread