Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
This has been my favorite thread in forever. Now that the misogynists have been cleared out and we're just sharing our not-lovely bathrooms, here's the reno my wife and I did to ours last year.

It's loud and funky, but it was a huge update over the 60s-era stained tile hiding a bunch of water damage and mold, and we'll be here for a while, so it's our jam.

Bonus cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

WrenP-Complete posted:

Ooh, I'll participate. This is the bathroom in our rental:

Those floors are laminate, not wood. Mostly I like our shower curtain. :3:

I love the hell out of this shower curtain.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Best practice is to have two, a clear plastic liner that goes inside the tub, and a decorative one on the outside that catches any leaks or splashes

Yeah, this. Our curtain rod has hooks on both sides — decoration and utility together at last!

Lifehack: If you're taking a bath, you can tuck the liner curtain on the outside so it doesn't get all drenched and tangled and feel like you're bathing with a weird jellyfish floating against your thigh.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Patrick Spens posted:

So this is a weird question, but what is the name of the paint on your walls. I used to have a bedroom that colour, but can't find a proper match in stores.

I'll see if I can pull up the exact colour chart name/code when I get home, but we just colour-matched it from one of the yellow tiles in that rainbow mosaic strip. I think it's something goldenrod or canary or paella.

EDIT: This is a bit more indicative of the true colour — less neon Cheeto and slightly more mellow orange-yellow

ironcladfolly fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 8, 2017

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

silicone thrills posted:

So as a FEMALE who did a full DIY gut job on my bathroom and designed it - here's an album of what I did.

http://imgur.com/a/sshEl

I didn't have nearly as much space as you to work with and unfortunately there are zero windows so no natural light. I did every thing I could however to make it as bright and open feeling as possible.

Also if you don't install a bidet you are missing out. Ladies - Bidets are so loving awesome for getting fresh post sexy times. If you want to be the guy who fucks - get a bidet.

Also I've been in Drape's amazing tiny blue tile sunken bath tub during a party. That poo poo is hilarious. I feel like it should be preserved like a museum piece for crazy poo poo people did during the 60s.

This looks real, real good. Super functional, with plenty of minimalist class. I mean, it's a little too minimalist for my own tastes, but I'm the guy with the loving school-bus yellow bathroom drinking Mai Tais instead of Scotch in the tub, so you know. It's a top-tier example of builder quality in a DIY job!

• Locked thread