Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

dpack_1 posted:

I think it's just how loving obscure them things are compared to UK standard connector strips, which are then wrapped in insulated tape.
Counterpoint: UK ring mains. I mean seriously, just what the gently caress. . .
And why can't ya'll figure out how to combine hot and cold into 1 tap?

Not Wolverine fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

"Why do I have to do thing thats objectively better for society? Don't they know I have money?"
-People who need to gtfo of California
I just fail to see how having the lights go out mid-poo poo is objectively better for society. It's bad enough when you realize the roll is empty but adding total darkness too is just adding insult to injury.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Motronic posted:

So if the go-to material for commercial kitchens and sterile medical applications is "a bitch to keep clean" could you please let me know what material should be used?
Accountability is equally as important as cleanliness in a commercial kitchen or hospital. If anything, the fact that stainless shows dirt and fingerprints so well helps to ensure that the janitors are actually doing their job. If cleanliness were the top priority hospitals would be using copper for its antimicrobial properties.

That said, I don't think stainless is a bitch to clean by any means. My appliances are brushed stainless and I just squirt some windex on them every once in a while. I like seeing that they are dirty, it takes 2 minutes to clean them and I know they are clean. The fridges I grew up with were a nasty ivory or beige color with an orange peel that was impossible to clean, I guess it built up my immune system.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I spend maybe 15 min in my bathroom each morning, just enough to poo poo, shower, shave and run out of there. My wife on the other hand spends about a half hour each morning. When house hunting, about all I cared about was the correct number of rooms and no obvious fire hazards, we looked at countless homes trying to decide and I would have gladly settled for about a dozen of the homes, my wife was far more picky and sure enough her primary concerns were the kitchen and bathroom. I for one would be just fine making GBS threads in a 5 gallon bucket in a hole over the crawlspace but at least in my scenario, my wife was more selective.

Maybe I should say my wife chose the house, maybe I should say I put the bitch I her place and forced her to accept this home. Or maybe I could do the reasonable thing and say we compromised and she got the bathroom that was her priority item. But nope, gotta have some sexist D&D poster come in here to provide a full detailed analysis of every nook and cranny of a bathroom that doesn't even exist yet to provide the expert female opinion.

This is we can't have nice things, people can't just accept sometimes people want poo poo that is different. It's like asking about car buying and AI and trying to avoid the Miata bandwagon. Who cares if it is not your perfect self cleaning dream bathroom, the rocks will ha e a look beamblaster likes and we might get another epic thread when he realizes they grow mold, or we might be wrong.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Megabound posted:

Did you miss the part where he said it was designed for women, and he knew what women want, and then multiple women posters and wives of goons were asked and the unanimous consensus was that, taken into consideration their own bathroom habits and wants, that it was bad, and the original design was better?
The only thing I have seen is a bandwagon of poo poo posters talking about joists before making frivilous attempts to mock everything about the OP including his tastes in music. Saying "LOL joists your bathroom is ugly" is not a fair assessment, and regardless it doesn't really matter if you think it is ugly or beautiful so long as the OP makes it safe (and hopefully somehow manages to repair the joists). The sunken tub is pretty stupid, but if his contractor actually builds it right I can't complain. I can only hope the engineer was only joking when he said to cover it up before inspection. . . Really, any engineer should know better than to pull that poo poo if their license is potentially on the line. All that really matter is adding another page of breaking bad tub gifs and joist jokes.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
You mean the "ugly bathroom" bandwagon in which the OP stated be felt it it might have style to appeal to potential buyers? Honestly, how many men do you know who brag about taking a long relaxing bubble bath? Even the brontosaurus here admitted to calling bubble baths girly. But I guess it's more important to call the OP sexist than to admit that statistically women care more about tubs then men do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Shadowgate posted:

lol at goons getting triggered by FEMALES
I for one agree especially considering how many times brontosaurus has been probated and banned for being either sexist or racist in the past. This place is way too full of niche inside jokes and references and it's lovely when those inside jokes become rules. What's next banning new people whenever they ask about the weight of concrete or trying to guess the contents inside a safe. . . Is it time to start baning people who call women who act rude bitches? Are we going to start probating for using the word white inside of a politically correct term like Caucasian? What if someone says "bras are women's clothing" are we going to probate for not recognizing the rights of transgender and crossdressing goons? We can even have a whole thread called negrotown but holy poo poo if someone uses the term females instead of women just wow. . .

I guess it's time to go start a petition to Tampax so they can rename their products as "womenen hygiene". Better go tell feminism activist to let them know how mysoginistic their term is.

• Locked thread